This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Ugh. I have a car loan, credit card, mortgage, and student loan.... it's yuck. But, then again, it's looking like my car might actually last until after I pay off the loan on it (two years to go and I now have a job in town so the commute isn't hitting it) and I should have my credit card paid off within 5 years if I keep paying like I have been. It's under 2k though, so I might be able to pay it off sooner with extras from taxes. And maybe work bonuses. I don't know. It's an awful lot of debt.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

The puppy makes me late every morning. No matter how early I get up, at 8:20 when I need to leave the house, something catastrophic happens and he makes me late. Because of this, I forgot a library book on the patio, on a high table, where I lock him up for the day. And a glass of water.

Well...the library book is in about a hundred pieces on the deck, the bookmark I was using is torn to shreds, and the glass is broken. There are puppy paw prints in the dust on the table (I'm not sure how he jumped that high) ...and right now I'm sitting out on the deck, with him inside, and I went inside to find him chewing on a candle.

And again, just now, to him chewing on used tampons from the garbage in the bathroom (I'm pretty sure I shut that door...)

What part of this is rewarding? I sat on the patio, among all the little bits of book, and I cried.

Mostly art.

Comment

Welp, my eighty dollar headphones broke. If you don't hear from me, assume I superglued my hand to my work table in the attempt to unbreak them.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Current scattered thoughts:

I really need a new shade of pink for my toenails (the tomboy in me cries bitterly for having said this).
          Bigger is not always better.
          I am so very very pleased to have decided to no longer frequent a particular online community that is (to me) so very cliquish and toxic.
          I am further more enthused to have found this online community, which is much more pleasant.
          Mosquitoes are vile horrid creatures.

Comment

That my sister is so far 48 minutes late getting off of work.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

All those jalapenos are gonna gimme spicy nightmares!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                The puppy makes me late every morning. No matter how early I get up, at 8:20 when I need to leave the house, something catastrophic happens and he makes me late. Because of this, I forgot a library book on the patio, on a high table, where I lock him up for the day. And a glass of water.

Well...the library book is in about a hundred pieces on the deck, the bookmark I was using is torn to shreds, and the glass is broken. There are puppy paw prints in the dust on the table (I'm not sure how he jumped that high) ...and right now I'm sitting out on the deck, with him inside, and I went inside to find him chewing on a candle.

And again, just now, to him chewing on used tampons from the garbage in the bathroom (I'm pretty sure I shut that door...)

What part of this is rewarding? I sat on the patio, among all the little bits of book, and I cried.
                trash cans with puppies need lids.... For some larger dogs they need difficult to operate lids... Puppies chew too, I think they all do it, some are more destructive than others, it can get pretty devastating, and furniture can be hard to protect from puppy teeth, they gotta find something new to stimulate them sometimes. Puppies are cute but they are hard... It's one reason the hubby and I are likely not getting one till we are home owners, maybe after we have kids, but they are expensive too, more so than cats, way more than cats.
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Hoping I will pass my exam on Friday!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking frequent power outages on a sunny day are annoying.
                    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                    sigpic
                    In Days of yore,
                    From Britain's shore
                    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                    And planted firm Britannia's flag
                    On Canada's fair domain.
                    Here may it wave,
                    Our boast, our pride
                    And joined in love together,
                    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Job interview tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                        Job interview tomorrow
                        Good luck!

And, I'm thinking... MO has a sister?? Uhoh.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                          Good luck!

And, I'm thinking... MO has a sister?? Uhoh.
                          Haha, I'm pretty sure he has two.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Haha, I'm pretty sure he has two.
                            Double uhoh.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm thinking about perception.
                              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I am thinking my damn ibuprofen needs to kick in.

Comment

Working...
                                X