• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Hang on I'm about to find an explanation

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, here goes.

..Imagine your brain is like a television set. When you are doing a task, your brain is set to a specific channel. It's receiving information, processing that information, and being active. The channel doesn't change often, unless you want it to. People who have a set of neurological issues we call ADD/ADHD have a television whose channels flip randomly, especially if the channel it's on doesn't have enough information to receive and process. ADHD/ADD medications add a level of background noise to the televisions reception, so that even if the program that is currently on doesn't have enough information, the channel won't change because the television is getting additional information. A person with a neurotypical brain, will instead have their television channels change more quickly with the medication because they're getting too much information for the television to handle.

Courtesy of...Psionx0
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Interesting...I myself am easily detracted. Why if I am cooking anything,I have to stay right there,and ignore ANY distraction. If some one comes to the door,I have to tell them,I can't talk right now until I finish what I am doing,cooking. If I get distracted,most likely something is going to get burnt. I have to explain to people not to break my concentration. Have been like this my whole life,so I kind of understand the idea.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Interesting...I myself am easily detracted. Why if I am cooking anything,I have to stay right there,and ignore ANY distraction. If some one comes to the door,I have to tell them,I can't talk right now until I finish what I am doing,cooking. If I get distracted,most likely something is going to get burnt. I have to explain to people not to break my concentration. Have been like this my whole life,so I kind of understand the idea.
        I get distracted really easily. I'm actually pretty content right now. I've never actually had adderall IR because my prescription is XR so it's released over time. My pills are coated in Polymer so it takes up to 4 hours to dissolve half of it then another 4 hours. This is so different. How are you doing?
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I manage these days,being older,I tend to take things slow. In my younger years I was what people call "Hell bent for leather" Drinking,doing drugs,and staying awake for like 4 days at a time,then crashing for 2 full days. I am always amazed I lasted to this ripe old age,I was kinda "live fast,die young,leave a nice looking corpse" kind of person. I really did not expect to make it past 30. But you know how life throws you a twist.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I manage these days,being older,I tend to take things slow. In my younger years I was what people call "Hell bent for leather" Drinking,doing drugs,and staying awake for like 4 days at a time,then crashing for 2 full days. I am always amazed I lasted to this ripe old age,I was kinda "live fast,die young,leave a nice looking corpse" kind of person. I really did not expect to make it past 30. But you know how life throws you a twist.
            I drink, but not too much. Alcohol is a de-inhibitor and makes your...."true" colors come out. And that can be very...interesting. My lack of conscience and other things can make me prone to certain behaviors under the influence. Lol. Though when I was younger I was not in control over myself and my parents could not discipline me at all. Taking my electronics, spanking me, talking to me and telling me my behavior was wrong didn't help. At all. I didn't care. I stole, fought, I was losing my shit everyday(rage). I was crying out of frustration. I was getting in trouble at school, too. I was literally losing my crap all the time. One day I just got really angry at home. I'm very anal about cleanliness, well, I was at that time when I did my chores. My chore was the bathroom and someone left a brush out on the sink and I just lost it. I threw the brush on the ground, I started crying and screaming, my sister said something smart to me and I threw the first lick. We started fighting and my mom had a talk with me.
            About a week later I made a deal with a girl to pay her money for something she had that I wanted. I took it, assured her I would pay. She came to my house, talked to my mother and my mom had enough and called the police on me.

edit: Adding on, my childhood was pretty messed up too, though. My biological dad was a drug dealer and he was fighting with my mom, my granddad was a pimp(prob still is) and was dealing drugs. I was around a lot of women and my mom didn't have full custody over me because she had me so young.

Comment

Anyone ever experience the senses cutting off during meditation or sleep paralysis? I had a sleep paralysis episode and during it I could not hear at all.

Comment

A lot of people have adverse and contrary reactions to meds. As a bi polar person I can't just take an anti depressant. It tricks my brain to be happy and then to want to kill myself. I have to take a mood stabilizer. It's totally ass backwards, but brainz will be brainz.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Should I get a CT Scan if my migraine continues on Monday? It's not going away and it concerns me. I've had it for over a week. Lord and Lady help me.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    Should I get a CT Scan if my migraine continues on Monday? It's not going away and it concerns me. I've had it for over a week. Lord and Lady help me.
                    Yes, just to be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    A lot of people have adverse and contrary reactions to meds. As a bi polar person I can't just take an anti depressant. It tricks my brain to be happy and then to want to kill myself. I have to take a mood stabilizer. It's totally ass backwards, but brainz will be brainz.
                    True. That issssss true

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      Ask your doctor what he suggests. Might be muscular. Or a reaction to something - I have a friend who suddenly started reacting to chocolate and wine and a few other things. Doesn't have to be anything serious, but you should definitely see your doctor about it.
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

That moment when you're so tired that you think you're seeing things out of the corner of your eyes

Comment

Been there,done that..freaky as heck...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            Ask your doctor what he suggests. Might be muscular. Or a reaction to something - I have a friend who suddenly started reacting to chocolate and wine and a few other things. Doesn't have to be anything serious, but you should definitely see your doctor about it.
                            Thanks for the advice Iris. I saw my general physician on Wednesday and she gave me some pain pills for it which worked temporarily. She might suggest going to my neurologist, which I might have to do.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Adderall has me a bit fed up. I haven't slept since I woke up 10AM my time yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

No idea why I thought u cussed

Comment

Might have uttered some kind of excitable noise....and swung my hand at it..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X