This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I checked my weight today and i'm back down to 270 lbs. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm working on losing weight.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

How friggin' much I love British culture, I'm honestly going to go ahead and renovate a part of my house to be a sort of British island in my otherwise Canadian home. Colonial style stuff and all, I also love British snacks. It's great living in Canada, it's like the most British NA experience you'll get. But I can always bring a bit of the British here. God Save The Queen!

(Don't mind me, just have an influx of patriotic hormones right now I guess.)
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

The pitbull got into the trash and tried to eat the veggy scraps. She's now outside the glass door making sad faces as it gets cleaned up.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

that chat alerts should be loud enough to wake people up.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            that chat alerts should be loud enough to wake people up.
            I thought you had fallen asleep. A bit early for you, no?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              I thought you had fallen asleep. A bit early for you, no?
              occupational hazard of sprawling with a laptop. If I'm not occupied, I crash early.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I really want to try some taco.... And possibly a good one.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Must be a bumper crop of tics this year.

I've gone my whole life hanging in the woods and tall grass, and never had to pull one. This year, however, I've already pulled two off myself, and a huge fat one off the dog.

I hate parasites!
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Put the a/c on and dozed off for a good 3 hours I think. I was dreaming how I was at home and kept waking up in my dream to the tv. Come to find I was just sleeping. I was like in an Inception dream 3 deep! Pretty trippy.

And the roomy is STILL watching Soccer on the big tv screen downstairs. I'm like still? I went to bed 3 hours ago!!!!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So last night I got so drunk I dont remember coming home. On a thursday. Needless to say im not at work at the moment. Ive made a doctors appointment for today.

My current theory is I want an excuse not to go to work.

I didn't even realise how drunk I got till this morning.

And this is a small town...
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm thinking about...

Why the hell did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Comment

To stay conscious long enough to hit something important...

or because the Japanese military suffered from a lot of wackos. Japan's military was skilled but it didn't always think in a manner we'd call logical.

Comment

The helmets had a thermal lining, which when flying a tin can came in handy.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm thinking about stupid stuff that I shouldn't be thinking about and that I wish my thumb joint would finally stop hurting. Seriously WTF body? I take care of one pain and you just replace it with something else. EFF you body.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

There is a frequent thought that goes through my head... I'm thinking it now:

"Why am I bleeding?"

It is almost always one of my hands or forearms... I'm not sure if it is because my skin tears easily, or another instance of the fact that pain frequently doesn't register for me (it wasn't until I took my backpack off, and tried to use my left arm to set it on the ground, that I knew that I had broken my left clavicle).

Granted, I work a blue-collar job, and thus find myself, frequently whacking my hands and/or forearms on things... and sweating makes the bleeding look more severe than it is... but I still wonder; does my skin break more easily than it should (and thus, I am caused to bleed by contact that is too light to even hurt?), am I too distracted by what I am doing to notice the pain, or is my pain tolerance at a dangerous level?

I frequently suspect the latter. There is the example of broken clavicle, listed above (but that could just be adrenaline... I had just been nearly ran over on my bicycle). There is also the fact that a masseuse noticed a broken rib that I was unaware of... plus the fact that I have very negative reactions to the anesthetics that dentists use, and as such, do not allow dentists to numb my mouth if I can avoid it... I had a root canal done with no numbing... I've had deep root cleanings done with no numbing (and enjoyed it)... and I've had teeth capped and fillings filled with no numbing. I've never experienced pain in a dentist's chair (at the front desk, when it came time to pay, is another matter).

I know that pain is a self-defense mechanism. I find myself wondering if there is something wrong with me.
                                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Working...
                                X