X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    I hate those situations. It's even worse it seems when your asking about idea's but on some level you know you won't get ones that are useful. In part I think because the author seldom actually tells what the idea of the story is so we default to the typical medical terms that are most common or the sci-fi terms such as Xenomorph. That or the Greek influence that seems to stuffy or requires to much pre-knowledge to actually make it work for the reader who'd only see the title (hopefully) on some bookshelf if we could get it sold.
    Or a name, but there aren't a lot of names that start with X either.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
      Yeah that Xavier thing almost always seems to imply X-Men or a presumption they are some sort of archaic Greek such as Xenophon.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Does it have to sound like X? (Or what function does the X have, just asking because when I write I'm really nitpicky about the pronunciation of a name while some people pay more attention to how it looks lile.) Chinese has a lot of words/names with X, but it sounds more like "hs".
        Then there are... Hmm... Xenya. Xylitol. Xylene.

Or could you make it up yourself?
        Xelam. Xaluji. Xital. Xau. Xamoe. Xundar. Xajimar. Xiel. Xetlish. (Just tried to come up something that doesn't sound medical. )

And of course, there's good old Xanadu. (My go-to if I need a name for a drug.)
        baah.

Comment

Feeling threatened is so odd to me. I'm fascinated with the person who makes me feel this way because it isn't often.
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Does it have to sound like X? (Or what function does the X have, just asking because when I write I'm really nitpicky about the pronunciation of a name while some people pay more attention to how it looks lile.) Chinese has a lot of words/names with X, but it sounds more like "hs".
            Then there are... Hmm... Xenya. Xylitol. Xylene.

Or could you make it up yourself?
            Xelam. Xaluji. Xital. Xau. Xamoe. Xundar. Xajimar. Xiel. Xetlish. (Just tried to come up something that doesn't sound medical. )

And of course, there's good old Xanadu. (My go-to if I need a name for a drug.)
            I could make it up, but it needs to be something that is interesting enough as a title. And then it has to make sense in the context of the story. But, it's definitely an idea.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I could make it up, but it needs to be something that is interesting enough as a title. And then it has to make sense in the context of the story. But, it's definitely an idea.
              Google is your friend: http://wordfinder.yourdictionary.com/words-that-start/x
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Might "The story of X" work? Kinda sherlock Holmes style of title.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the type of story and plot.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'd go for something very futuristic and sci fi and call it Xenogenic.

But my favorite X word is Xenia--its a Greek word detailing the obligations of a host as it relates to hospitality...the word translated means something like "guest-friendship"
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Might "The story of X" work? Kinda sherlock Holmes style of title.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the type of story and plot.
                    Boy that sure sounds like a male alternative to the Story of O. he he he

Comment

I was going to make a similar comment but thought it might be out of place.
                      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        Boy that sure sounds like a male alternative to the Story of O. he he he
                        Way to much insight there Monsno,not that there is anything wrong with that..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Way to much insight there Monsno,not that there is anything wrong with that..
                          Simply logical deduction...women often notated with O's and males with X's. Of course it could also be sort of an S&M thing with X marks the spot. Man my mind is taking to many crazy though process lately.

Comment

That actually makes sense in a weird convoluted way..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

"I'm too far in this game to let go. Baby who you tryin to fool girl I might be 21 but I got memories to prove. That I've seen your kind before and that I know exactly what you want, you just want me cuz I'm Next."
                              The Weeknd~Next
                              Can be found on YouTube or w/e
                              Link if anyone wants it. http://youtu.be/-Vf5RgspIg8
                              Last edited by EndlessCravings; 29 Mar 2016, 17:22.
                              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                                I'm too far in this game to let go. Baby who you tryin to fool girl I might be 21 but I got memories to prove. That I've seen your kind before and that I know exactly what you want, you just want me cuz I'm Next.
                                please add quotes and source reference, even to song lyrics.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X