Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Awesome news! Congrats.

glad I'm dodging that bullet
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Congratz on the baby!

My terrarium is set up and growing well. I've definitely overseeded but I expect it should be fine. The aquarium light seems to actually be strong enough? the plants change the direction they're leaning it a lot. In the morning they lean toward the window but, when I come home they're growing toward the light.There's some millipedes, one slug that I was aware I put in- also at least one isopod appeared, I'm guessing having hitched a ride on the moss or branches, I think I might've killed it though. There's a bit of a fungal bloom on the branches but, I understand that it's harmless and normal in new terrariums. I was going to order some springtails and isopods to put in, which would keep down fungus once established.

There's an unusual smell that's developed, kinda sweet, I assume it's anaerobic bacterial action in the soil but, I have no idea how to go about aerating the soil when it's covered in plants. I'm thinking it's due to overwatering and/or soil compacting since I used plain old potting soil. There's a layer of aquarium charcoal and gravel under the soil so drainage isn't a problem. I think the soil is retaining a lot of moisture though. I was thinking I'd open the top and let it dry out. I kinda want the smell gone just because I like the soily smell more.
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
        I've got Nov 19th to say... just had my first doctors appointment. Surprise PF family
        Happy congratulations to you!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thinking about why I can never seem to go to the bathroom in peace, at work. Someone always tries to open the door, and it seems like everyone uses their whole body weight to do it, too. It's not just a gentle door handle wiggle to see if it's locked. It's like a goddamn crash.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

They need an Occupied sign like on planes Juni..That "should" make it better,but human nature you know(keep pushing that floor button on the elevator to make it work faster)
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Whenever I bend forward my head tingles, like the tingling sensation is crawling towards the front of my head and my spine feels hot.
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

an alien has gotten into your brain....panic NOW!!!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

You can't claim to be a proponent of small government and then throw a fit when someone else's small government make decisions you don't like without being a total hypocrite.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    an alien has gotten into your brain....panic NOW!!!!
                    The Tingler, staring Vincent Price.

Most famous line from the movie: LSD "It's not a drug, it's an acid!"

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I make for the laughs because if I did not,I would drown in my eternal tears from the abundance of human stupidity(You may quote me on this)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        The Tingler, staring Vincent Price.

Most famous line from the movie: LSD "It's not a drug, it's an acid!"

That was actually a good movie, especially if you saw it at one of the rigged theater's, for its time. For some reason seem to recall it was one of the first to use sensaron (sp) and make the whole theater part of the show. Though I think Earthquake got the most reviews because of it.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          That was actually a good movie, especially if you saw it at one of the rigged theater's, for its time. For some reason seem to recall it was one of the first to use sensaron (sp) and make the whole theater part of the show. Though I think Earthquake got the most reviews because of it.
                          Yeah - I understand that some of the seats were rigged to give a mild shock during key scenes.

Comment

As a kid I remember well that era...and those Saturday afternoon matinee's

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              As a kid I remember well that era...and those Saturday afternoon matinee's
                              I was born the year it came out so definitely didn't see the original theater release. Think it was on one of them theater's that showed the old movies that I first saw it and had the rigged seat. Want to say it was an slight electrical tingle but for some reason I also recall something being pulled up from the floor and across the neck. To darn long ago now to remember it accurately. Then of course all the Friday & Saturday late night horror movie programs that ran in the mid to late 70's I seem to recall. Sad I can recall Bone & Body, Elvira Mistress of the Dark and one that was hosted by a mock up vampire but most of them are hazy memories now.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I saw "Midway" in sensurround. I'd forgotten all about that!
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X