X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    It's raining horizontally. And windy. Not windstorm windy, but windy enough. Welcome to winter. Day's like this I wish that I lived somewhere that snowed. Surely snow is nicer than this cold, dreary, wet, grey, windy crap.

*sigh*
    The accuracy of this is variable. It's particularly variable if you live in a place which only does major snow occasionally and doesn't budget much toward it. Then life during a major storm is awesome. Horizontal rain is annoying but snow in an unprepared region amounts to "I hope you don't have plans this week."
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
      I must say snow sure does balance the depressing cold of winter. When there is a good fresh blanket of snow on the ground it is relatively bright at 3 in the morning, and beautiful. Especially when it sits atop the trees and roofs, magical almost. I miss our winter.
      Yeah there's nothing beautiful about winter here. Even frost is rare in Adelaide... I love frosty mornings... crisp and cold and sparkling. But about the closest we get to pretty is late winter when the blossoms are out and blowing all over the road in the wind.

Give me a layer of ice on my windshield over grey rain any day. It's not the cold... honestly it doesn't even get that cold in Adelaide and it's hardly freezing today. I grew up where winter was all frost and bone biting chill. I don't mind the cold at all... it's the dreary grey wind and rain. Blergh.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      The accuracy of this is variable. It's particularly variable if you live in a place which only does major snow occasionally and doesn't budget much toward it. Then life during a major storm is awesome. Horizontal rain is annoying but snow in an unprepared region amounts to "I hope you don't have plans this week."
      I should be careful saying that... because I've never experienced snow at all. The closest I've ever come to snow is the fake stuff at the indoor ski slope.

I realise there's slush and sleet and muddy muck along with snow even at the best of times. But you know... grass is always greener, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey that's weird...

Taken up time travel now, MO?

Comment

No experience of snow?!?!

What heresy is this? Find somewhere pleasant with snow in winter and go visit. Everyone should see snow at least once.

EDIT: I will neither confirm nor deny any rumors of time travel.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          EDIT: I will neither confirm nor deny any rumors of time travel.
          Oh silly me. I don't know what I was thinking making a comment like that.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Comment

I had a new experience yesterday: I kicked my first couple out of the fitting room at my job.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
              I had a new experience yesterday: I kicked my first couple out of the fitting room at my job.
              Oh I remember those fun times in clothing retail.

Thinking I've gone 2 days, no make up, no shoes and no undies. I've been a rabid heathen cat. I haven't even brushed my hair( just kept it in a bun!)
              I love 2 days off in a row. I feel so....comfy!

*i do wear deoderant
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Loving my job. Really, really loving it. I get holidays off. And weekends. And I work for people who really seem to care. There are good benefits and I might actually be able to go back to school for something useful. I'd really like to have a degree that I could use. I'd actually really, really like to become a midwife, CNM. But it's pricey. So I need the benefits I get from my job and the scholarships they provide in order to get there.

Also, I took my daughter to the park for the first time today. She adored the swings. And we went to the UU yesterday (Sunday) and it was awesome. I haven't been there in forever and it was nice to get back to it.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                  I've been too caught up in trying desperately to feel attractive. I go through phases of this - where it's incredibly important to me that others find me attractive, especially my wife - but it's always linked to times when my depression is kicking my ass. It just ends up creating a nasty cycle because I never feel attractive no matter what I do - and my depression just continues trucking along. I think I need pills. :angst:
                  Sames. Lets both do pills, and help each other work out.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                    It's raining horizontally. And windy. Not windstorm windy, but windy enough. Welcome to winter. Day's like this I wish that I lived somewhere that snowed. Surely snow is nicer than this cold, dreary, wet, grey, windy crap.

*sigh*
                    Send some here!!! Its onlt just got cold here though.
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      Send some here!!! Its onlt just got cold here though.
                      Dunno if you'd have wanted it! Turns out that while I was sitting here with horizontal rain and wind but no windstorm, other parts of Adelaide had hail, bits flying off roofs and power lines down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                        Loving my job. Really, really loving it. I get holidays off. And weekends. And I work for people who really seem to care. There are good benefits and I might actually be able to go back to school for something useful. I'd really like to have a degree that I could use. I'd actually really, really like to become a midwife, CNM. But it's pricey. So I need the benefits I get from my job and the scholarships they provide in order to get there.

Also, I took my daughter to the park for the first time today. She adored the swings. And we went to the UU yesterday (Sunday) and it was awesome. I haven't been there in forever and it was nice to get back to it.
                        Really good that you love your job. I think it's great to love your job. Nowadays most people hate their jobs and do them because for the money.

Comment

The little things I've overlooked for so many years.

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna be moving out this week

Comment

Apparently, we have venomous snakes in Europe. How did I not know this?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post

Sounds great! I'm happy for you!

Comment

What kind of snakes?,I did not know you guys had venomous snakes over there.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X