This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Sorry, Jembru. You have lots of people caring about you.

Comment

2.5 hour later from a sexual harassment course I've come to the conclusion all us managers should sue each other.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        2.5 hour later from a sexual harassment course I've come to the conclusion all us managers should sue each other.

If we didn't do anything we weren't supposed to - according to somebody - we'd do nothing at all. The only perfectly well behaved humans are corpses, and they are as boring as all git-out.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks for the messages everyone. I'd skipped some because I started replying to Medusa but had to go pick my mum up from the hospital. I just clicked send on the window still open on my phone.

She's doing very well today. I took her a craft magazine and colouring book with pens when she had to stay in hospital, and she's so happy with them that she's focusing on that. I definitely get my ability to appreciate the simple things from her!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Glad to hear the Jem! I've been in class this week, and somehow I missed your original post...not scouring the forum as devotedly as usual I guess.

Something that might be amusing...My kids school had career day last week or the week before. For those that don't know, I work as an industrial hygienist. Industrial hygiene is an applied science where that uses both observation and sampling methods in order to investigate and document worker exposure to different stressors, whether they are chemical, physical, or biological (also radiological) and then make recommendations for their elimination or control in the workplace (in consultation with the engineers, workers, management, etc.)---plus lots of regulations and stuff to know. Anyhow...the kids were asked about the different things their parents do (this is a huge military population school) for a living-----according to my daughter my job is to "use science to tell people not to lick things that they work with."
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Just drove 30 mins for the best fish in Wisconsin... Long John Silvers!! And good lord was it amazing, and and and I found a Sonic too. I am so very very happy.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I have an appointment with the bariatric surgeon in August. I am not a patient person, but i'm very happy that I have one. I also am going to be very bored and lonely this weekend. I am taking care of my dogs and my sister's dog and turtles. My parents are in Beckley, WV until Tuesday, possibly Wednesday. My sister and her family are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for a week. I just feel so lonely. Like I never get to go anywhere, but here in Morgantown. Ugh!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Three years ago I never had a pet. Two days ago I never lost a pet.

I miss you little buddy. I'm sad.
                  [4:82]

Comment

Got my witches hat on, well, metaphorically speaking, and had myself a little esbat outside beneath the moon. At least, I think the moon was up there somewhere behind all that thick cloud.

It's been a while since I observed the esbat and I'd forgotten how fickle the moon can be. Still, it felt good to be out there in the cool night air, soaking up the atmosphere and doing something a bit more witchy for a change!

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post

I'm very sorry for your loss.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Got some cigars. Yay.
                      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Got my witches hat on, well, metaphorically speaking...
                        You don't have an actual, literal, witch's hat?

You should get one - they're fun.

I have an actual pointy wizard's hat, with stars on it, that I wear when feeling wizard-y. It helps when I am pulling prophesies out of my butt - I'm less inclined to giggle and give myself away.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, D. *hugs*
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

So sorry.....
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              You don't have an actual, literal, witch's hat?

You should get one - they're fun.

I have an actual pointy wizard's hat, with stars on it, that I wear when feeling wizard-y. It helps when I am pulling prophesies out of my butt - I'm less inclined to giggle and give myself away.

No, I have a broomstick and used to have a cauldron (now I just use a double handled metal pan), but never went all the way! Maybe mine is invisible like Tiffany's in the Wee Free Men series.

You know, I really need to read some more Pratchett...

Comment

My roommate fixed my bike's flat tire! He's rad.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X