This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Do you have air inside,maybe a dehumidifier too..The humidify eats at me too. I can handle the heat to a degree,and I used to love being outside.

- - - Updated - - -

I would never make it in the PI,with that kind of humidity.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      Do you have air inside,maybe a dehumidifier too..The humidify eats at me too. I can handle the heat to a degree,and I used to love being outside.

- - - Updated - - -

I would never make it in the PI,with that kind of humidity.
      I mostly stay inside now during the heat of the day. The AC helps but at times it's almost like an encroaching army as the heat comes in through the windows, patio doors, etc and pushes into the home. So you either hide yourself away in the shadows to stop the heat or try to tolerate the encroaching heat so you get the sunlight and can still see the outside world.

Not sure I could handle the PI heat now or not. Never was stationed there only short visits of a few days to a week or two awaiting transportation or to catch a boat. I say boat as I only rode subs in the Pacific all my skimmers were in the Lant or Med. definitely do not think I could handle the heat coming in off Africa anymore. It was bad enough back in the late 90's off of Libya & Egypt when we cooked eggs on the hull just to see if it could be done.

I try to get outside as much as I can but now it's mostly early mornings or later in the evening. Well that or during the rain / misty fog's which can paint a really creepy landscape, especially near dusk or dawn.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Just noticed you are down south,Jersey is bad for humidity,but down south(I was in Florida once) it is really Humid!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Just noticed you are down south,Jersey is bad for humidity,but down south(I was in Florida once) it is really Humid!!
          I was stationed in Pensacola Florida a couple of times and the humidity was horrible down there. The base went to a black flag condition more times than you could count due to humidity and temperature. Under black flag you weren't supposed to do any outdoor activities basically but it did amaze us how often the flag went from black to red so you could PT then right back to black once done. That and the afternoon thunderstorms that seemed to hit everyday around 4 o'clock, in that regard was like the few days I spent in Hawaii.

West Virginia usually isn't to bad as we get air through the mountain passes frequently. Yet those same passes can create some really heavy pockets where it hangs really heavy.
          Last edited by monsno_leedra; 04 Jun 2016, 09:05.

Comment

We've hit black flag all week...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I am from the Gulf Coast. 8 months of hell and humidity a year.

These June temps are why I am glad I moved to Vermont.

Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 04 Jun 2016, 13:31.

Comment

If it actually hits 100f today then it'll be a new record for being this hot this early in the year.

ForumRunner_20160604_145737.jpg
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  We've hit black flag all week...
                  I vaguely recall you being down in the Kings Bay area. Most of the bubbleheads I know said it gets awful there and since it's a lot of swamp land they had killer blood suckers.

Comment

I did read that southern California is supposed to hit 108,though it did say inland,so not sure it effects Duce. 108 even in no humidity California is still way to hot.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Listening to Druidcast, my newest favourite podcast.. the 'talky bit' of a recent broadcast was from the Fellowship of Isis. Now there's a blast from the past.

What a way to discover Olivia Robertson has passed away though. She was the founder of the Fellowship of Isis, an organisation that supported me and through who's training I learnt to correctly and safely use my spirit world, Rotokia 14 years ago. She sent me a handwritten letter back then and I hope I still have it. I know I've kept the envelope because the stamp had a magpie on it. I already identified with Magpie at the time so that felt really special.

I sadly lost all ties with the FOI over time so had no idea she was fae-side now. Kinda feel like I want to join again. It couldn't hurt I guess. Well, so long as I make sure I get the right organisation!
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

We were at 71 today with clouds and rain. So far we've hit 80 one day and that way back in April then the next day we had snow. I can honestly say I enjoy being able to be outside and not feel like I'm going to burn to a crisp instantly.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

To give some idea of temp here,it is 1am,and the temp is 71..that should only be if it is mid summer.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Get you lot chatting about weather.. who's the Brit here? Next you'll be wearing bowler hats...

See, we talk about the weather so much here because it's so changeable. Thanks to global warming the rest of the world is starting to see what it's like to have 4 seasons in 24 hours. It's hard not to mention weather when it keeps demanding your attention.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jem, it's like that here in the Ozarks. It can be rainy on one side of town and sunny on the other, 3 miles away. Big temperature changes in one day, you name it! You never know what's going to happen.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

San Francisco is like that,micro climates If say you are in the Height and go to the sunset,or the Mission the temp can differ by 20-25 degrees,one reason you see people who live there ALWAYS carrying a coat. As Mark Twain said,"the coldest winter I ever had,was a summer in SF" Ya gotta live there to really understand that.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X