X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    What a terrible trigger! It spoils the fun.

I know, It sucks. But it's a thing I learned, so I'll just have to unlearn it. I get attacks when I'm stressed. But my shrink helped me realize that the stress almost always comes when there's something I look forward to, or I'm 'too' happy about. But actually seeing that connection is a step towards mending it, I hope.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I feel for you Iris,that has to be the bummest of all bummers...I mean just as you are hitting the heights of happy,that mean old anxiety just tries to jump in and steal all your joy

I really am wondering how the happy got all caught up in the super bummer that is anxiety....I know your mom did some messed up stuff...Gives big super hug..and just know some of us care a lot about your happiness.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        I feel for you Iris,that has to be the bummest of all bummers...I mean just as you are hitting the heights of happy,that mean old anxiety just tries to jump in and steal all your joy

I really am wondering how the happy got all caught up in the super bummer that is anxiety....I know your mom did some messed up stuff...Gives big super hug..and just know some of us care a lot about your happiness.
        My mom is pretty messed up (shrink is guessing narcissisitic personality disorder) ... I'm a bit messed up from that. But I'm young, I have time to learn how to be happy still. And I did manage to fall in love and get married, And get away from her. so there's hope ^^
        And thanks that actually means a lot
        Last edited by iris; 13 Jun 2016, 14:29.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Causing the selection of a different tool or the difficulty of acquiring said tool makes it easier and more likely to eliminate or disarm the user of the tool.

Sure, sudafed, guanfacine, ibuprophen, and mucinex won't cure a URI, but they quell the symptoms and make them bearable while the antibiotic goes int affect.
          Realistically they tried that approach with prohibition but it didn't work. The tool was still available and when the legal production and access was outlawed illegal means were utilized to get the thing into people's hands. The same will hold and does hold even today with guns. If there is a demand there will be a supply in some capacity even if it is illegal and on the black market.

You could look to the drug trade and just how easy it is to get an illegal item or substance to the streets and to those who want it. Laws a plenty on the books to stop that but they still come in. It still hits the streets of the cities and back roads of the country side equally.

Removing the contributing causes or casual influence is what would reduce or stop it not simply trying to make something harder to legally obtain.

Stricter rules for obtaining might make a reduction in accidental deaths though. Yet education in gun ownership, safety, usage, etc could potentially equally reduce a lot of those. BUt bring that up and quite frequently it's "We don't want education we want them removed!" So the casual influences and misuse continue their ripple effect.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
            You do realize that there are alternatives to windows operating systems, right?
            Windows 10 is the largest piece of spyware ever produced. It records everyplace you go - electronically speaking, Your on-line purchases and interests and then markets the information through Microsoft.
            Linux OS's are free to use, duplicate and even share with others. They are more secure than Microsoft products have ever been and do a great job of handling most any Microsoft program output. If you are up to it you can even get the code and alter any open source software. Personally, I will never go back to Windows.
            Yeah I do realize. I listen to Leo Laporte regularly and he talks about all the alternatives. I love win7. I just hear the horror stories of the upgrade (still). But I'm prepping so it's an easy process. I am planning to go to a chromebook after this though.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              Realistically they tried that approach with prohibition but it didn't work.
              Almost no one credible supports a wholesale ban. Comparing the *actual* enforcement of current legislation and additional tailored legislation to address deficiencies in our current flea market availability of weapons to prohibition is nothing short of a logical fallacy.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

A. Changes can be made that would both prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands, and still preserve the rights of sound citizens to have guns.
                B. An "all or nothing" approach from either side in the gun debate will do nothing constructive, and end up being destructive to both sides, and detrimental to America as a whole.
                C. To preserve my right to own guns and also to live with whatever safety is reasonably possible, I favor REASONABLE national gun laws.
                D. I am sick to death of hearing crap about this from extremists on either side, and wish they would shut up.

Thalassa speaks with the voice of reason. This is the kind of voice we should all be listening to. The rest is all crapolla.
                Last edited by B. de Corbin; 14 Jun 2016, 03:28.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

"The wrong hands", as much as possible, shouldn't be at large in society in the first place.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Just gonna throw this out there... (I don't have time to read the actual study now, plus its a pay-to-read)
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

An idea,I read about the Bio-recognition tech. that is the idea that if it does not recognize YOU,a gun will not function,but there have been problems making it work,BUT perhaps a better solution would be built in safeties that activate say upon entering a building. A no functional gun area,and a Major Slammer time for possession of a non bio protected weapon. Just an idea,because it does not rely on who you are,but on where you ARE. Also any weapon not bio protected must be destroyed except collectors pieces that would as is now have lead pored into the barrel. I really do not know if it would work,or even if it has been considered,but maybe. Police would perhaps be exempted or use non lethal methods.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

So pissed. Went to the dermatologist yesterday and she didn't send the meds I needed to the pharmacy. Am having such trouble getting a hold of someone to help me. Ugh!!
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I solidly put the blame where it should be,the bagel shop.

So Story(giggle)
                          Last edited by anunitu; 14 Jun 2016, 08:51.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I don't feel like getting out of bed...

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Brings Habbs breakfast in bed...some chicken soup,and a nice sammi..and fresh coffee with flavored creamer.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

How to get gun control when you can't even get birth control? How about you give free birth control to crappy people so they won't procreate and need gun control when they are unable to control their own dang selves?

We need people to learn to control themselves.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X