This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Bio-locked guns don't work. If they did the police would be the biggest customer in the world because a lot of cops die - killed by their own weapon when it is taken from them.
    The military will never use them because guns are used by many people. A bio-locked weapon in a home is a disaster! What if dad isn't home? Sis may be too young to own a gun and dad's won't work when the guy breaks in and decides to have a party with sis.
    England has virtually banned all handguns yet they still have gun violence. A lot less gun violence than the USA but- and this is important - they have a higher rate of overall violent crime than the USA. Why? Because in the USA guns are used to prevent violent crimes more than 500000 times a year. That is more guns being used to prevent violence than ten times the acts of gun violence. You don't hear about all those people defending themselves unless someone is killed and it gets bad publicity. Most often the gun is never even fired because the bad guy runs or gives up when faced with an armed citizen.

A question; what happens to those more than 500000 folks if you take away or restrict access to their guns?
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

IF you are having a bad day...

Watch these: http://www.slothville.com/meet-the-sloths/#.V2Cov_krLIU
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I am both the worst plumber and craftiest one at that. So my toilet tank leaks inside. I think it's the old rubber sealers around the top. When you flush the water sprays out of the worn rubber seal and sprays up to the lid. Then the lid runs the water down the side and it slips through the edge of the top of the tank down the side of my tank. I've been just placing a trash can there to catch the water. I also tried moving the tank lid side to side to find a tighter lid. Nope.

I took a plastic bag and cut the bottom off and folded it over to make a thicker 'cap' like a shower cap. Placed it over the lifter and put the lid on. The water now hits the bag cap and runs down avoiding the actual top of the tank lid.

I'm a smarty farty.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You did good lady..very innovative,many guys would never have figured that one out.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I am both the worst plumber and craftiest one at that. So my toilet tank leaks inside. I think it's the old rubber sealers around the top. When you flush the water sprays out of the worn rubber seal and sprays up to the lid. Then the lid runs the water down the side and it slips through the edge of the top of the tank down the side of my tank. I've been just placing a trash can there to catch the water. I also tried moving the tank lid side to side to find a tighter lid. Nope.

I took a plastic bag and cut the bottom off and folded it over to make a thicker 'cap' like a shower cap. Placed it over the lifter and put the lid on. The water now hits the bag cap and runs down avoiding the actual top of the tank lid.

I'm a smarty farty.
            There's a little tube in the tank that directs the water downward when the tank is filling. It might break, or it might come "unclipped" (there is usually a clip that holds it in place). For a professional repair, you might check that tube.

(I hate plumbing - it usually incolves getting wet, dirty, busted knuckles, exessive cursing, and foul odors - but, being poor, I spend a lot of time with my hands in toilets or with my head under the sink next to the draino)
            Last edited by B. de Corbin; 15 Jun 2016, 01:36.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Anyone else know that hawthorn candy was a thing? I did not.. and I wish I'd discovered them in time for Beltane! Oh well, I'll add a little note about them in the Beltane pages of my BOS so I remember for next year!

They contain orange jasmine too and taste like vegans.. Okay, not like vegans themselves, but they remind me of being in vegan cafes back when I was hardcore and intense! In fact, they kinda taste like that smell that hits you when you walk into an esoteric store but that no matter how much joss you burn at home, you can never quite recreate! You all know what I'm talking about. If that could be turned into a taste, it would be the taste of these sweets..

Last edited by Jembru; 15 Jun 2016, 01:47.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                There's a little tube in the tank that directs the water downward when the tank is filling. It might break, or it might come "unclipped" (there is usually a clip that holds it in place). For a professional repair, you might check that tube.

(I hate plumbing - it usually incolves getting wet, dirty, busted knuckles, exessive cursing, and foul odors - but, being poor, I spend a lot of time with my hands in toilets or with my head under the sink next to the draino)
                I checked the tube etc. It's this ( a pic from the internet)
                toilet tank.jpg

The rubber is like dead. Cracked to be more accurate. I just need to replace the rubber part. But meh, this worked so I'm gonna let it be!
                Last edited by Medusa; 15 Jun 2016, 01:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  I checked the tube etc. It's this ( a pic from the internet)
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4872[/ATTACH]

The rubber is like dead. Cracked to be more accurate. I just need to replace the rubber part. But meh, this worked so I'm gonna let it be!

Oh yeah.. I gottcha
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Not sure if you have to replace the whole unit,or if you can gt a new seal..older ones were metal,now a lot of them are cheap plastic. even the arm that pulls the bottom plug up.(I have done repairs before,but like B. De. not my fave to do)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My car failed to start after I dropped the kids @ day camp. Just now left work, going to call roadside assistance to toto the mechanic. Let's hope it's something easy...
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I should be asleep by now but here I am in the town drinking coffee. This is my version of "getting wasted".
                        baah.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          My car failed to start after I dropped the kids @ day camp. Just now left work, going to call roadside assistance to toto the mechanic. Let's hope it's something easy...
                          Hoping it is just minor,depends how old the car is..might be just a short in the starter. or maybe the distributor cap. Also starters do burn out from time to time.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            Best wishes, but my experience is that all auto repairs cost between $300 and $600, unless it's worse.

Comment

Oh hell. Just found out through fb an artist I knew passed away. Nick Kushner you will be missed. Manson fans are mourning, as am I. (he was an amazing artist who was one of the kindest most polite boys I ever met)

Comment

Sorry for your loss Duce..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X