This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I'm headed back to Smithers tomorrow, for the first time in three years.

I'm excited.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Just got back from placing my vote in the EU referendum. Guess all there is to do now is sit back and wait. I must confess though, I was a bit horrified that we were given pencils. Well, I guess votes are harder to rig when you can't rub out the cross so it's perfectly understandable really.

Ooh conspiracies...

Also.. this is the first mention on PF of the UK referendum. Are residents of the UK really such a rare species on PF? Or do we just not like to talk politics?
      If my memory serves me we use pencils too... but I've heard a few people complain about that during the day.
      Well, our news are following you guys quite closely at the moment because an exit would have quite the impact.

The thunder is right overhead now. Pretty, cozy, slightly terrifying
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        We get some type of marker here, and then feed the ballot into a big, square machine in the middle of the room. It looks suspiciously like a shredder LOL In New Jersey, it was all computerized. It will be interesting to see how that UK deal turns out!
        I'm sure regular elections have given us pens in the past. It's very weird.

Our polling station changed the room we vote in too. We had to use the front entrance where in the past it was always the side entrance. On the way up the steps I grumbled about it to JP saying, 'I don't like change'. To which he replied, 'so I guess I know how you're voting then.' ^^
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

On the way up the steps I grumbled about it to JP saying, 'I don't like change'. To which he replied, 'so I guess I know how you're voting then.' ^^
          Haha!!! That's great!

It's interesting how a lot of really important things are happening at the same time that will shape the future of the world.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Just got back from placing my vote in the EU referendum. Guess all there is to do now is sit back and wait. I must confess though, I was a bit horrified that we were given pencils. Well, I guess votes are harder to rig when you can't rub out the cross so it's perfectly understandable really.

Ooh conspiracies...

Also.. this is the first mention on PF of the UK referendum. Are residents of the UK really such a rare species on PF? Or do we just not like to talk politics?
            Probably because US politics are such a trainwreck, and therefor amusingly horrifying.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Happy Independence Day Britain and Northern Ireland!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Probably because US politics are such a trainwreck, and therefor amusingly horrifying.
              Looks like we're joining you in the wreckage!
              Last edited by Jembru; 23 Jun 2016, 21:15.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I watched the Pound drop .60 in less than ten minutes. I'm incredibly alarmed that the world is falling apart.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                  I watched the Pound drop .60 in less than ten minutes. I'm incredibly alarmed that the world is falling apart.
                  That thought right there is why the Pound is going down. Change is scary, uncertain. Britain survived the blitz and the black death without the EU, they'll be fine. Honestly, long term, it's the Euro I'm worried about.
                  Last edited by Denarius; 23 Jun 2016, 21:43.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Yeah, we all knew that the pound would drop. It's not going to be easy and we are going to feel this in our pockets. Long term I think we'll be okay. If only Europe hadn't been so stubborn, we could have stayed.

Also, looking at my fb feed, I didn't realise how pro Europe my friends were. They're all devastated.

Comment

Also, looking at my fb feed, I didn't realise how pro Europe my friends were. They're all devastated.
                      I worry for my friends that are in the UK as immigrants. I know one who is German who definitely has to go.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I worry for my friends that are in the UK as immigrants. I know one who is German who definitely has to go.
                        I don't think anyone will be kicked out who is already here and working and we have 2 years before we leave anyway. Our doors will not be slamming shut on immigration, we'll just have more control on it, like the USA. You have immigrants too and you're not in the EU.

Comment

I don't think anyone will be kicked out who is already here and working and we have 2 years before we leave anyway. Our doors will not be slamming shut on immigration, we'll just have more control on it, like the USA. You have immigrants too and you're not in the EU.
                          Immigration wise, you're positioned to exert more control over your borders than the US. Being an island nation has distinct benefits there. Otherwise, shrug, I'm moderately surprised at this vote and staying away from the subject since I don't pay much attention to the UK.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Of course we do. And I wasn't implying that all immigrants would be forced to leave England. But in his case, his work visa is from the EU, so not really sure about him still being legally able to stay.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Of course we do. And I wasn't implying that all immigrants would be forced to leave England. But in his case, his work visa is from the EU, so not really sure about him still being legally able to stay.
                              I really hope our government will have the sense to allow people to reapply for visas. I don't want to see anyone kicked out of the country, but if course, I just don't know. None of us do.

Comment

Not to bum this thread out, but our old 17 year old doggie passed away today. She finally retired under a tree on a nice sunny day and is in peace. I'm actually happy for her. Best way to go.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X