X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Not to bum this thread out, but our old 17 year old doggie passed away today. She finally retired under a tree on a nice sunny day and is in peace. I'm actually happy for her. Best way to go.
    Awww... Good for her. Sometimes it's just time...I hate to think about any animals (including human ones ) lingering in pain for too long.

I hope everyone is at peace with her passing.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Not to bum this thread out, but our old 17 year old doggie passed away today. She finally retired under a tree on a nice sunny day and is in peace. I'm actually happy for her. Best way to go.
      Losing a pet is hard, but a peaceful death is good. Best wishes to you.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Very good way to go, and 17 is a nice long life for a dog. Sorry for your loss, though. Even when we know it's time, it's hard.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thanks guys. We are actually burying her in the backyard. Is that creepy? I don't think so. :=L:
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thanks guys. We are actually burying her in the backyard. Is that creepy? I don't think so. :=L:
            Every pet I owned as a kid was buried in the back. It was the hardest part of my parents moving.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad she went peacefully, at least.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Realizing all my 'likes' on facebook are of my fave authors. I'm an audiobibliomaniac!

Comment

I soooo drunk!!
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I hate when I sleep wrong and wake up with my neck all jacked up lol
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Loneliness is one hell of a thing. Don't under estimate the things people will choose over being alone.
                      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                        Loneliness is one hell of a thing. Don't under estimate the things people will choose over being alone.
                        I've actually heard people say they'd rather be in an abusive relationship than be alone. They are in an abusive relationship with themselves already! I'm very grateful to not be wired that way. I've always sought out solitude.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's official. I've now moved down to the floor in front of my a/c. And I've been watching a series called On Thin Ice. It's about racing to Antarctica.

Hoping all the images of snow and cold will cool me down.
                          Yup.

Comment

11 people have drowned in lakes & rivers around here within the last 6 weeks or so. More people drown around here every summer than back home in the real ocean! Kinda weird.
                            sigpic

Comment

My Thalassophobia

Comment

thinking about how i don't want to go back to work tomorrow.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X