This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Living the slug life (castor oil on my brows and vaseline on my face) really sucks. Thank gawd I don't let him sleep over. No need waking up trying to explain why he's got Jack Skellington fleece fluff stuck to his face because I want to hydrate my skin.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't know where to put this. A man was just shot in Baton Rouge while selling CDs at a music atore. The cops claimed he had a gun.

NSFW: https://www.instagram.com/p/BHgmF8IDssu/ I'll have to find an article
      "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

The pigs be piggin'.

Comment

I love to tell the story about how I came out of the closet. I'm actually not gay, but in 6th grade I was just getting used to the way my new school worked. There was a supply closet right next to my classroom and I went in there and couldn't figure out why it was so dark. Then it hit me. Then I came out.
          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The Dalai Lama and George W. Bush have the same birthday. This is like that sci-fi thing where matter meets anti-matter.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I just ordered my 64gb flash drive. Getting ready to do the win 10. Oh boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  I just ordered my 64gb flash drive. Getting ready to do the win 10. Oh boy!
                  Are you upping from win 7 or win 8? If you're used to 7 then 10's interface isn't as jarring as 8's but the let's tie everything we can (Depending on your settings, this is an exxageration. You don't need to use all the net stuff, Microsoft just really wants you to.) to network accounts may be a bit irritating. If you're upping from 8 to 10 then just reverse the last sentence.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Are you upping from win 7 or win 8? If you're used to 7 then 10's interface isn't as jarring as 8's but the let's tie everything we can (Depending on your settings, this is an exxageration. You don't need to use all the net stuff, Microsoft just really wants you to.) to network accounts may be a bit irritating. If you're upping from 8 to 10 then just reverse the last sentence.
                    Doing 7 to 10. I have an older laptop. 2009! I'm just getting ready to back up my files before I do the upgrade. I've heard the bad stories. My laptop shows compatible and blah blah. I've just been waiting while the kinks have been worked over. Never be the first!

Comment

People on Twitter are talking about this 14 year old girl. She started talking with this older dude who is around 25-30 and he picked her up and claimed he dropped her off at the street. This happened over 48 hours ago. She's probably dead. The sister of the girl said that the police aren't doing anything about it.

Comment

Windows 10 is less an operating system upgrade and more of a marketing worm. I records everything you do and sends the information to Microsoft who then sells the marketing leads to wholesalers and retailers.
                        My wife tried it from Win & to 10 and I had to reinstall 7 for her. Even when you opt out of all the information gathering stuff it keeps getting reset every time it performs an upgrade.

You might want to look through some of these problems before you "upgrade".
                        Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          Doing 7 to 10. I have an older laptop. 2009! I'm just getting ready to back up my files before I do the upgrade. I've heard the bad stories. My laptop shows compatible and blah blah. I've just been waiting while the kinks have been worked over. Never be the first!
                          I just took a look at specs for Win 10. Age shouldn't hurt you much here since Win 10 requirements and Win 7 requirements look a lot a like.

Get system requirements, specifications & important details about Windows 10 OS. Also, learn about deprecations, upgrade editions & localization languages.

The larger issues are

A. I've run into some interesting driver issues with a Win 10 laptop. You probably won't get hit by anything critical here especially since it'll go for updates when you download it but there's a chance that you'll need to grab manufacturer drivers for certain components. They aren't hard to install but finding them can be irritating sometimes.
                          B. Windows 10 is built to integrate to a Microsoft account. It doesn't have to but it may try and get you to put a network account on your machine. Whether this is a good idea depends on your privacy concerns. Isolating a local account is easier than keeping a network account isolated. I avoid this because I keep a virtual machine on the system that I do important stuff in (partly out of privacy issues, there are some protective features on my VM that aren't on the host machine and partly because I can copy the VM and move it whenever I switch to a new computer) but you probably don't want to bother with that option*.
                          C. Closely related to B, Win 10 and privacy. My advice here is 1) Read up on what Win 10 collects and why 2) Decide what you're willing to let it have 3) track down means to cut it out of what you want secured ( http://www.pcworld.com/article/29717...-by-piece.html is a start and so is https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ng-privacy-faq) 4) Go back every couple weeks to make sure that your security settings stay where you put them. If they don't then there are more decisive options available.

*If I'm wrong and you want to play with VMs then PM me and I'll send you relevant info on setting up your own for free.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Vm's can be handy even if you don't need them for security. I myself use DosBox for older games that will not run on most modern windows versions. I also use a VM for win2000 for programs that will not run on win7. Legacy programs can be run on older OS's if you still have say a win98 install disk,and even Linux,if you feel the urge to check them out without installing them. Also you might look at ISO 's to burn that allow you to boot to the CD,to play around with Linux. you can also DL FreeDos to burn and boot for a dos environment. you could add some dos games to the cd as well to play.
                            There is also the option to use USB stickes to play "Sneaker net"...do a search on Google to see just what "Sneakernet is"

SneakerNet

Go there,or just read this.

Sneakernet is an informal term describing the transfer of electronic information, especially computer files, by physically moving removable media such as magnetic tape, floppy disks, compact discs, USB flash drives (thumb drives, USB stick) or external hard drives from one computer to another, usually in lieu of transmitting the information over a computer network. The term, a tongue-in-cheek play on Ethernet,[citation needed] refers to the use of someone wearing sneakers as the transport mechanism for the data.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I should look into DosBox, I have some older games to try with it. My primary use for a VM right now is less security and more so that if I need to change machines in a few years, I just move the VM, load Virtualbox and my new computer has all documents and settings that I need ready and waiting. The host computer is there to be a host and run games.

Comment

Dosbox can now pretty much cover most dos games,it also emulates sound cards,among other concerns. If you remember setting up a game in dos and needing to set environmental settings so the game runs properly. No point and click back in the olden times.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also a few really good front ends for DosBox to help with setting things up easier.

From Sourceforge D-fend reloaded.

A nice frontend for DosBox.

Here is a screenshot.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X