This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Working on my short story for Camp Nanowrimo. I'm also happy that we are finally moved out of the rental house. Now have to sort through boxes and get the cars cleaned out.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm seeing people on tv singing "We Shall Overcome" and I feel like I'm still a kid in Brooklyn in the 1960's. Nothing's really changed down deep.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Two back to back Deaths of African Americans by police can set things in motion. When things like this happen,I feel very helpless,because I wish I had the power to make these things never happen. And I fear it will be the same outcome,a whitewash of what happened and a fear of when it will happen once again.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Two back to back Deaths of African Americans by police can set things in motion. When things like this happen,I feel very helpless,because I wish I had the power to make these things never happen. And I fear it will be the same outcome,a whitewash of what happened and a fear of when it will happen once again.
          What do you mean by a "whitewash?"

Comment

As in the cops,even if there is evidence of bad training,there is no consequence that the actions would seem to merit.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Summer of 1966, East New York riots....my mother showed me a hiding place in the basement and told me that if she said so, I should go there and not make a sound until my father got home. Crowds went down our street but no one tried to get in the house. I remember seeing a swarm of angry people coming down the block. And here they are on tv tonight. I think it's gonna be a weird dream night.
              sigpic

Comment

I know the feeling Hawk,growing up in the 50-60's,but I grew up in a very mixed ethnic place. I do not want to see things go bad again.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yeah, I'm reading up on security settings etc. I've mentioned before I listen to Leo Laporte on his podcast network. I don't foresee any problems with drivers either. The truth is once this laptop dies, I'm going chromebook all the way. I simply don't do much out of my browser. I just need a place to store my files and I can do that in a flash drive. I couldn't care any less what microsoft sees me doing. If they wanna investigate all my wolverine slash, god bless them. I hope they send me a million adds on victor/logan smut till I pass out.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Yeah, I'm reading up on security settings etc. I've mentioned before I listen to Leo Laporte on his podcast network. I don't foresee any problems with drivers either. The truth is once this laptop dies, I'm going chromebook all the way. I simply don't do much out of my browser. I just need a place to store my files and I can do that in a flash drive. I couldn't care any less what microsoft sees me doing. If they wanna investigate all my wolverine slash, god bless them. I hope they send me a million adds on victor/logan smut till I pass out.
                    The driver issue I had was a graphics driver that randomly failed on certain sites. The fix didn't take long once I id'd the problem driver but it was an aggravation.

EDIT: This issue was on a new Win 10 laptop not an upgrade. I had (it's a Linux box now) a laptop that I upgraded to 10 where the upgrade fixed a driver issue.
                    Last edited by MaskedOne; 07 Jul 2016, 21:43.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I had to replace the driver for the touchpad on my computer, and download a couple of patches so I could play Myst: Revelation.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

In 10 days, it'll be a year since Tim left me. ...and I still dream about him at night.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          In 10 days, it'll be a year since Tim left me. ...and I still dream about him at night.
                          There's someone from my past I still dream about sometimes. It's been 30 years. The perspective gets better over time, but some things never leave us.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            There's someone from my past I still dream about sometimes. It's been 30 years. The perspective gets better over time, but some things never leave us.
                            That's fair. I don't know if it is a good idea or not, but I made the decision to finally send him a short email. I just said that I missed him, and I hope his new life is treating him well. Worst case scenario - he never responds. Or - he responds, wants me back, and I have to figure out how to (and whether I want to) extricate myself from my current relationship and living situation and move across the country on a whim. Or - he responds, is no longer interested in me, and I continue my life as normal, secretly wishing my life had ended a year ago.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Summer of 1966, East New York riots....my mother showed me a hiding place in the basement and told me that if she said so, I should go there and not make a sound until my father got home. Crowds went down our street but no one tried to get in the house. I remember seeing a swarm of angry people coming down the block. And here they are on tv tonight. I think it's gonna be a weird dream night.
                              Not quite the same but all this is starting to remind me of the race riots of the early 70's in District of Columbia (D.C.), Virginia and Maryland. I recall being in school when one hit there and there were fights all over the school. Fighting again each other, fighting to protect each other and making some really strange companionships. I recall two black friends I had that fought to protect us from other blacks then we had to fight other whites to protect them. Crazy stuff happening

Sad part is I was born in D.C. and the area was really nice. lots of small stores, businesses, apartments and single family housings. Yet the riots caused a lot to be burnt out and caused a lot of families to leave the area. Results today that area is basically a wasteland. Few stores or job opportunities, few mixed racial neighborhood areas and schools and I suppose a lot of simmering disgust for what happened to those areas and a perception of the populace as a whole. Economic areas that never recovered from the riots and the affect / effect they had on a number of urban and inner city areas.
                              Last edited by monsno_leedra; 08 Jul 2016, 12:49.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Hellacious storms here in Michigan.

Came home from town and saw what looked like snow drifts alongside the road. They were actually piles of hail-balls.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X