X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
    I'm legit surprised with the amount of nerdlings we have on here that there isn't a bunch of stuff about Pokemon Go through the threads lol
    Well it hasn't reached europe yet. I'm curious about it, but not enough to find it somewhere other than google's store...
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

As I understand the pokemon go thing,you must do things in the real world..saw a story where a girl(woman) ended up finding a Body while following the instructions of the game.

Pokemon go and the Body.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
        I'm legit surprised with the amount of nerdlings we have on here that there isn't a bunch of stuff about Pokemon Go through the threads lol
        - - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        As I understand the pokemon go thing,you must do things in the real world..saw a story where a girl(woman) ended up finding a Body while following the instructions of the game.

Pokemon go and the Body.
        Yeah it's a 'get out and explore your neighbourhood' kinda thing. Bit like zombie run but less peril. Or maybe not if people are finding bodies...

Now I'm scared.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Cops said a natural death..guy drowned..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

Pokemon go and the Body.
            It is kind of a ploy to make nerds move I played something called ingress for a while, good fun. Walked about 200 kilometers with it. Just got pretty boring at some point. Pokemon might be fun ^^
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I effing hate pokeman.
              This, in spades.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I hadn't heard of Pokemon Go until today when you guys mentioned it in this thread. And then I just saw this, from O'Fallon, MO (near St. Louis) :

UPDATE INFORMATION BELOW-This morning at approximately 2 am we responded to the report of an Armed Robbery near the intersection of Highway K and Feise Road. We were able to locate four suspects occupying a black BMW a short time later and recover a handgun. These suspects are suspected of multiple Armed Robberies both in St. Louis and St. Charles Counties. It is believed these suspects targeted their victims through the Pokemon Go smart phone application.
                Many of you have heard of Pokemon Go, but for those that have not, it is a type of Geo Caching game where you find and capture Pokemon characters at various locations. If you use this app (or other similar type apps) or have children that do we ask you to please use caution when alerting strangers of your future location.
                **Many of you have asked how the app was used to rob victims, the way we believe it was used is you can add a beacon to a pokestop to lure more players. Apparently they were using the app to locate ppl standing around in the middle of a parking lot or whatever other location they were in.**

Another article: http://fox13now.com/2016/07/10/robbe...is-police-say/
                Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 10 Jul 2016, 11:52. Reason: added link
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I don't get the appeal of Pokemon, but I don't hate it necessarily.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    I hadn't heard of Pokemon Go until today when you guys mentioned it in this thread. And then I just saw this, from O'Fallon, MO (near St. Louis) :

UPDATE INFORMATION BELOW-This morning at approximately 2 am we responded to the report of an Armed Robbery near the intersection of Highway K and Feise Road. We were able to locate four suspects occupying a black BMW a short time later and recover a handgun. These suspects are suspected of multiple Armed Robberies both in St. Louis and St. Charles Counties. It is believed these suspects targeted their victims through the Pokemon Go smart phone application.
                    Many of you have heard of Pokemon Go, but for those that have not, it is a type of Geo Caching game where you find and capture Pokemon characters at various locations. If you use this app (or other similar type apps) or have children that do we ask you to please use caution when alerting strangers of your future location.
                    **Many of you have asked how the app was used to rob victims, the way we believe it was used is you can add a beacon to a pokestop to lure more players. Apparently they were using the app to locate ppl standing around in the middle of a parking lot or whatever other location they were in.**

Another article: http://fox13now.com/2016/07/10/robbe...is-police-say/
                    I just saw that story too. Sigh -.- what's wrong with the world.
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I won't even switch the wifi on when I'm playing the ds version of the game. I don't do that playing video games with randoms online thing, so I think I'll be safe.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        I don't get the appeal of Pokemon, but I don't hate it necessarily.
                        I made the mistake of trying to watch an episode of the show years ago. I wanted to murder the cast in about 5 minutes. It is remotely possible that this colored my perception of the franchise.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          I made the mistake of trying to watch an episode of the show years ago. I wanted to murder the cast in about 5 minutes. It is remotely possible that this colored my perception of the franchise.
                          The cartoon is absolutely terrible! I've only seen the first series and the one currently airing. They have a better animation budget now but otherwise it's still terrible.

I got into pokemon because of my ex girlfriend. She was living with me at around the time pokemania first hit the West (we were 17) and one morning she found an episode and started squealing. It turned out that a girl she went to school with used to draw manga style pictures and it had got her into the style. I'd never heard of manga before.

The first time we broke up we were talking together down by the river on a winter night. She'd been staying at a friends house and while we were apart she'd bought a little pokemon keyring that flashed. She was fumbling with it bashfully as we spoke. I still remember the pain I felt because she was so sweet and so beautiful, yet in those moments I believed she didn't return my feelings anymore. She agreed to come back to mine though, and that night she knocked on my bedroom door and when I answered she was holding her pillow and duvet. We got back together then.

When we split for good the following year I did that thing that obsessive types do where they fill the hole in their lives with some benign and pointless obsession. In my case I latched onto pokemon. I started to collect little toys from the franchise, and the cards. They reminded me of that little keychain she'd played with that night by the river, the night I realised just how much I loved her.

So erm, yeah.. the pokemon franchise is dumb as hell. The cartoon is unimaginative, the characters are annoying, the card game is unbalanced and the video game requires hours of repetitive level grinding, or walking up and down the same street trying to get your eggs to hatch. Yet for me, it brings back bitter sweet memories of a more innocent time, and reminds me of one of the happiest relationships I've ever had the pleasure of being in. So I could never hate it. Not that I could understanding hating something just because I'm not personally interested in it. You have to give a sh*t to hate something, so I save my hate for the bigger things in life.

Comment

When it comes to cartoons, I'm a Bugs Bunny gal all the way! I also liked Spiderman & George Of The Jungle & Super Chicken, but Bugs & gang are top of the heap!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

So I do a closing shift tonight.
                              Then tomorrow it's a mangler's meeting 9:30-11:30. Then back to split shift 5pm to close at 8pm.
                              THEN OFF TILL FRIDAY ON MY VACAY!!! yes. I'm yelling. I'm leaving Wed, staying over night and spending the entire day at the safari park. THEN still have the next day off to recover.

So....let's pretend I'm on vacay now!

*and because I'm still a frugal diva, I got my coupons for Denny's breakfast (gonna pack it in for the big trek through the zoo) 20% off. And I got my Olive Garden free desert coupon for the dinner before.

aint no shame in mah game.

oh and making our own trail mix at the mexican market.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Is there a word for when there can only be one side to a discussion? In one of the facebook groups I'm in, there's a "discussion" about white privilege. I haven't got involved in it because it's a lost cause. Discussion centres around a few points like systematic racism, oppression and of course the White persons ignorance of the battles of people of colour. The only discussion you can have is how ashamed you are to be white and the only discussion a person of colour can have is how oppressed and unheard they feel. The more aware and sorry a white person feels for having white privilege, the more enlightened they are as one of the defining factors of white privilege is how much white people hate talking about racism and especially their own racism. Therefore, if you have a different point of view as a white person, your blind and ignorant to your own privilege and racism. You racist bigot, you. It's very exasperating. I guess I'm racist and suffer too much from white privilege.

This got a little rant-ish sorry. So yea.. Is there a word for being checkmated before you even enter a discussion?
                                Last edited by Azvanna; 11 Jul 2016, 15:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X