X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    I think its actually pretty awesome. My friend and her kid ended up at a local state park and saw a flock of storks (there is only one native stork in N. America), a gator, and got to help tag manatees with a local group. My brothers ended up at the library...a place they rarely go, and they ended up there together. They are NOT together kind of siblings.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was something other than pokemon, and there are some people being dumb out there (driving and playing, going into restricted areas on military installations, etc), but generally, I think anything that gets people off their asses and outside, interacting with their environment is a good thing.
    are
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Pokemon go came out here today. Not compatible with my phone -. - downloaded it to my husband's, but the servers gave been down most of the day.. seems fun though. I was pretty grumpy when I found out I couldn't get it.

I'm really considdering taking up HEMA (historical european martial arts) but I'm a bit nervous it's gonna chew me up and spit me back out, I'm not very fit.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Someone I know said it's a good thing if it's leading people to churches. I just don't know how to react sometimes.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          I was a shift worker in the military for a number of years and we would put foil up in the windows to block out the sun. If not foil then heavy curtains, maybe blankets tacked up or cardboard cut to fit the entire window. Did know a couple of people who actually painted the glass though that is not a possibility if you don't own the house. I know for me at times I'd wear those eye masks they have for sleeping as I'd get migraines and nothing else would stop the light from killing my eyes.

Fairly certain you've though of it but changing the position of furniture can be a big aide as well.
          Thanks for the advice monsno. I have been trying to find those eye masks and can't seem to find them. Hopefully I will be able to find one soon.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My teachers always tell me inappropriate things. Oddly inappropriate. I had a substitute for a week one time who told me I should do something sexual. Lol I didn't know what to say and the next day I asked her would she be my GodMother. She was awesome.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Deciding to make homemade marinara sauce. Found a recipe that seems very simple and I'm going to just cut it in half.

What do you foodies out there think?

Also once I do this, can I add ground beef into the pan?
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                I'm really considering taking up HEMA (historical european martial arts) but I'm a bit nervous it's gonna chew me up and spit me back out, I'm not very fit.
                I've never heard of HEMA but it sounds really interesting. Been thinking about taking up a martial art again myself. I did judo in my teens but don't remember much these days.

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                Thanks for the advice monsno. I have been trying to find those eye masks and can't seem to find them. Hopefully I will be able to find one soon.
                I have worked permanent night shifts for 5 years now. It is vital that I artificially control my light exposure to reduce the adverse effects this lifestyle can have on my health. I've tried various eye masks so maybe I can help. These ones really do completely block out light and the cups over the eyes mean you can blink and your eye lashes don't hit the mask giving the impression that you are in a pitch black room.

If you have a child-sized head like I do though, you will struggle to find one that fits. I had to stuff the gaps around the nose with folded cotton pads (although this also protected the mask from my face cream keeping it clean for longer), and because the velcro was far too wide I just had to tie the straps in a bow. Eventually, they were starting to damage my ears where the straps rubbed. I'm not sure if this would happen if you are adult sized though.

My favourite black out mask at the moment is the plemo memory foam mask. Compared to the other style, I do feel that a small amount of light comes in through the fabric, but it isn't enough to interfere with my sleep and by scrunching the mask after I put it on, I can usually prevent this. It molds to any face shape and the velcro reaches right along the straps so it fits me perfectly! The straps are padded over the ears too, so no more sore ears for me!

The only other downside is that while it also doesn't press on your eyes like the other style masks, you can feel you're wearing a mask. It's comfortable, but it's definitely a big squishy thing on your face.

Both style of mask are good enough that I can sleep on the sofa bed in the living room next to a large glass door to the back yard. There are no black out measures in there and at midday the sun blasts through that glass door.

I hope you find something that works for you. I know how frustrating it is when your sleep is disturbed by the blasted day star! One thing I will say though, is that depending on how sensitive you are to light, black out blinds and curtains might not help as much as you imagine. I use them, and light creeps in around the sides, bottom and over the curtain rail. That might be enough just to stop you from being woken when you're already asleep, but in my case it's enough to give the game away and let my brain know it's daytime.

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                So JP is your roommate or partner?
                He's my partner. He does actually go by 'JP' too. It's not just me trying to protect his identity online.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I can use PF at work on the work computer, but I can't log onto literally anything else? What the hell firewall?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    I can use PF at work on the work computer, but I can't log onto literally anything else? What the hell firewall?
                    I don't know the right term for this, but when I open Google, it shows thumbnails of 8 of my frequently visited sites below the search bar. PF is never one of them. Something about this forum seems to be different when it comes to that kind of "discovery"? I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Deciding to make homemade marinara sauce. Found a recipe that seems very simple and I'm going to just cut it in half.

What do you foodies out there think?

Also once I do this, can I add ground beef into the pan?
                    Traditional Marina doesn't include meat. (Of course, you can do whatever you want)
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I don't know the right term for this, but when I open Google, it shows thumbnails of 8 of my frequently visited sites below the search bar. PF is never one of them. Something about this forum seems to be different when it comes to that kind of "discovery"? I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Traditional Marina doesn't include meat. (Of course, you can do whatever you want)
                      Oh yeah, I know. I just want a good tomato base to go with my ground beef.

Comment

I'm thinking I can't wait for Suicide Squad!
                        [4:82]

Comment

Well, some cops were killed in BR.
                          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I have no idea why my pit pics the one particular spot in the whole big back yard to sit her station at. She sits and just faces away from us. Always on guard duty. But always the same spot.

Comment

Something Something Maenads
                              Circe

Comment

I am so ready for my 2 full days of from both jobs. I just wanna sleep till I can't sleep any more.
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X