Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about how I'm not looking forward to this flight or the funeral.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I bought a small single serve package of unsweetened pink grapefruit slices. It just looks so tasty. And I know full well I can't eat it because I take Lipitor.

I'm wondering if I can eat it for breakfast just once. I mean once won't kill me. Right?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That is the grapefruit thing where it messes with the med dose effect...I know all about that...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          I bought a small single serve package of unsweetened pink grapefruit slices. It just looks so tasty. And I know full well I can't eat it because I take Lipitor.

I'm wondering if I can eat it for breakfast just once. I mean once won't kill me. Right?
          If I were going to indulge my pink grapefruit adulation and were taking Lipitor or other statins, I would cut the slices up and only eat as many as would equal one or two slices. The problem is eating allz the grapefruits in one sitting, or on one day. And I'd time it as far away from when I take my meds as possible and then wait at least a full day or two before having another piece.

The problem is that *too much* grapefruit prevents the liver from uptaking the drug. This means it's sitting in your bloodstream like a plane trying to land at a crowded airport. The problem with that is that it can do damage to your body if it's in too high of an amount for too long. The reason they say none at all is because "too much" is very individual--medication metabolism is a very individualized and poorly understood thing in medicine still.

And, TBH, studies on this are mixed. Some statins aren't as bad as others (lipitor is fairly consistent at having this effect).
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Ok,a topic. Your "Soul" or what ever name you choose to name it by. Not the usual question of do in fact souls exist,but if you feel you believe you contain a "Spirit or soul" within you,how would you describe it? Not really how it appears,but its inner being. what is its function other than perhaps giving life to the flesh and blood body(perhaps animation) but what is its spiritual purpose? Is it "YOU",or is it another?
            I believe that the soul is the piece of divinity that we're each gifted with. It's what connects all of us together and to the divine. I believe that the purpose of the soul is divinity sending out pieces of itself to grow and learn and experience what it can't as a whole.
            Last edited by SleepingCompass; 05 Aug 2016, 03:35. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              If I were going to indulge my pink grapefruit adulation and were taking Lipitor or other statins, I would cut the slices up and only eat as many as would equal one or two slices. The problem is eating allz the grapefruits in one sitting, or on one day. And I'd time it as far away from when I take my meds as possible and then wait at least a full day or two before having another piece.

The problem is that *too much* grapefruit prevents the liver from uptaking the drug. This means it's sitting in your bloodstream like a plane trying to land at a crowded airport. The problem with that is that it can do damage to your body if it's in too high of an amount for too long. The reason they say none at all is because "too much" is very individual--medication metabolism is a very individualized and poorly understood thing in medicine still.

And, TBH, studies on this are mixed. Some statins aren't as bad as others (lipitor is fairly consistent at having this effect).
              I've decided not to take it at all. I take the statin that is most affected by any amounts of grapefruit. I thought about eating some with breakfast since I take the meds at night. I've been researching and it shows that even that small amount (for the Lipitor) can affect my body for 24 hours. I'm already feeling sick from something else. I don't need to chance it. So it's back to berries. I found all the berries I eat are very low glycemic. So yay for something.

Comment

I'm so glad to be home.
                Last edited by habbalah; 06 Aug 2016, 07:40.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I was up at 3am watching Opening Ceremonies.

And so it begins!

Comment

At my appointment Tuesday my Midwife told me my milk consumption could be part of the problem of my leg cramps. Too much calcium keeps the body from processing magnesium. So I cut way down on my milk and started taking magnesium. Since Tuesday I have had heartburn, acid reflux, and this morning a fever blister the size of a cherry.. but only had leg cramps once. I'll be going back to my milk consumption and dealing with leg cramps. The fever blister alone is enough to make me drink the milk.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm babysitting my neighbors foster cat this weekend. I love cats, but I get along with dogs so much easier. Dogs are so straightforward and easy going. You can run up and hug them or pet them whenever and they're thrilled and happy right along with you.

With cats, you have to let them approach you and you can't be too enthusiastic otherwise they will run away. You have to be so much more gentle with cats; it's just funny because it's been awhile since I've been around one, so I have to keep reminding myself to stay aloof and let her approach me.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                        I'm babysitting my neighbors foster cat this weekend. I love cats, but I get along with dogs so much easier. Dogs are so straightforward and easy going. You can run up and hug them or pet them whenever and they're thrilled and happy right along with you.

With cats, you have to let them approach you and you can't be too enthusiastic otherwise they will run away. You have to be so much more gentle with cats; it's just funny because it's been awhile since I've been around one, so I have to keep reminding myself to stay aloof and let her approach me.
                        I'm such a cat person. Buuut since having our pit I am in lurv. I love riding my bike home and parking it in the porch. She's always waiting with her right paw up so I can come and hug her. I smush my face all up in her face and cover her forehead with lipstick daily.

Comment

I'm such a cat person. Buuut since having our pit I am in lurv. I love riding my bike home and parking it in the porch. She's always waiting with her right paw up so I can come and hug her. I smush my face all up in her face and cover her forehead with lipstick daily.
                          Did you see the cartwheeling pitbull video that's doing the rounds? I'm in love with that little dog. He'a great ambassador for his breed!

Here in case anyone missed it -> https://youtu.be/IP-1L48-pfg
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post

This reminds me of when we had a cat,and my son(about 3 years old) chased the cat,and was upset that it would not let him pet or hold it. I told him ignore the cat,and it might decide to grace you with its presence. Hard to explain Cats nature to a 3 year old. He ignored the cat,and of course the cat after a bit decided to come and let my son pet it. You must allow the feline to decide,you can not force a cat,as in herding cats..
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Went to the farmers market yesterday and found lots of really good fruits and veggies and well as crafts and other wares, while walking down the street one stall inparticular caught my eye "fried pies" so of course I mosey on over. They are Amish fried pies and they only take cash well I paid my 2.75 and then proceeded to kick my own butt for not have enough money to buy 10 more of them.. I need more of those pies. They were fantastic.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

She sounds adorable!!!

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                                Did you see the cartwheeling pitbull video that's doing the rounds? I'm in love with that little dog. He'a great ambassador for his breed!

Here in case anyone missed it -> https://youtu.be/IP-1L48-pfg
                                Such a cute video!

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                This reminds me of when we had a cat,and my son(about 3 years old) chased the cat,and was upset that it would not let him pet or hold it. I told him ignore the cat,and it might decide to grace you with its presence. Hard to explain Cats nature to a 3 year old. He ignored the cat,and of course the cat after a bit decided to come and let my son pet it. You must allow the feline to decide,you can not force a cat,as in herding cats..
                                lol... I feel your son's pain! I'm having the hardest time leaving the poor cat alone; it's just so cute and hugable looking!

Comment

Working...
                                X