This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

So exhausted. Spending the remaining of hiking season in New England helping thru-hikers and giving rides up and down the AT . The only way to live is out here.

Comment

I went and watched my nephew yesterday evening for a about 15 minutes so my sister could pick up his medicine. She came back and while getting him ready to take a bath, she asked me about my bariatric surgery session. I explained about it. I also talked to her about my depression and how I felt that it was a symptom of my thyroid disease and I was going to talk to my endocrinologist when I saw her next. My sister got on her high horse and told me that exercise will do away with the depression, blah, blah, blah. I came home upset and was talking to my mom about the surgery and she said that I probably wouldn't be able to get the surgery. I got so mad and cried when I was taking a shower because it just seemed that no one understood. I later talked to her and explained that I needed her to support me because my sister was so negative and she didn't understand. I just hope that people understand that the weight loss process isn't about food and exercise. There are a variety of factors involved.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

That sounds like the whole "Pull yourself up by the boot straps" thing. Other people will tend to think it should be so very easy,but they never had to deal with it themselves.

it is hard when others really do not understand your personal issues.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Got to love medical insurance. That medicine that cost you $50 last month, well we're not going to cover it anymore so this month it's going to cost you $200. Then next month will cost you $300 as we are not going to pay anything towards. But we will cover that medicine that didn't work for you and was why the doctor changed you and we approved the other medicine to begin with originally.
          Last edited by monsno_leedra; 17 Aug 2016, 09:05.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I officially went phoneless last weekend. I now have a tablet with Internet and a bill that is $50 less. Woo
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

There was a murder here in my little town. A guy stabbed his girlfriend, then dismembered her and put her out in the woods. I didn't know either of the people involved. Now here's the thing: Since I've lived here, two people I DID know were murdered, one stabbed and one bludgeoned. Everyone has guns here. Kids have guns, people have assault rifles and revolvers and you name it, in plain sight, all over the place. I could get a gun for my parrot and no one would blink. Yet, three murders within 5 years and no bullets whatsoever involved in any of them.

I think that's kinda weird.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                There was a murder here in my little town. A guy stabbed his girlfriend, then dismembered her and put her out in the woods. I didn't know either of the people involved. Now here's the thing: Since I've lived here, two people I DID know were murdered, one stabbed and one bludgeoned. Everyone has guns here. Kids have guns, people have assault rifles and revolvers and you name it, in plain sight, all over the place. I could get a gun for my parrot and no one would blink. Yet, three murders within 5 years and no bullets whatsoever involved in any of them.

I think that's kinda weird.
                Wow! Be careful out there Hawkfeathers!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

1pm. Time to close the drapes and block out the day.

*turns on a/c
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

"Purlieus?".
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

So I've had the last two days off. Total cheat days. Yup. It was great!

Now Fri, Sat and Sun we have another big parking lot sale extravaganza (*in deadpan voice: great)
                      My boss always feeds us pizza all three days.

I'm still packing my meals. Rules are rules. It's not a day off so I don't get to cheat.

Comment

Thinking about my younger cousin Melody. She had an embolic stroke about a week ago then a major stroke a few days later. As of this moment she is brain dead in a hospital in PA and her parents are driving up to be by her side. Her daughters are hanging on by a thread and her grandchildren are to young to really know what is going on. She recently got her finalized divorce from an abusive marriage and moved into an apartment and though her life was starting to turn around when this struck. They have equated it to Methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) as a genetic disorder which is scaring everyone and making them ask which side of the family is it coming from. Yet from what I can find it's more common than people realize and not quite so simple as identifying as it came from this or that genetic line.

Sort of makes other stuff seem rather insignificant at the moment compared to that and the probable outcome, even if she should pull out of it. Said prays tonight but what do you really pray for? A quick death? A recovery? Hope for the family that she comes back like she was knowing it will not happen?

Been a restless couple of days and will probably be a restless weekend as well.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          Thinking about my younger cousin Melody. She had an embolic stroke about a week ago then a major stroke a few days later. As of this moment she is brain dead in a hospital in PA and her parents are driving up to be by her side. Her daughters are hanging on by a thread and her grandchildren are to young to really know what is going on. She recently got her finalized divorce from an abusive marriage and moved into an apartment and though her life was starting to turn around when this struck. They have equated it to Methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) as a genetic disorder which is scaring everyone and making them ask which side of the family is it coming from. Yet from what I can find it's more common than people realize and not quite so simple as identifying as it came from this or that genetic line.

Sort of makes other stuff seem rather insignificant at the moment compared to that and the probable outcome, even if she should pull out of it. Said prays tonight but what do you really pray for? A quick death? A recovery? Hope for the family that she comes back like she was knowing it will not happen?

I'm really sorry to hear this monsno. Strokes are hard. A friend of mine had a sister with a condition causing her to have progressively worse strokes. It's scary. Just pray for the best outcome, whichever that may be, if you aren't sure. The gods are, however you view them.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post

I'm so sorry. My mother had a stroke a couple of years ago. Both of them are retired RN's and luckily my father caught it before an hour was up (they say that it is best to catch it in the first hour). I hope and pray that everything goes alright.
                            Anubisa

Comment

I'm hooked on watching all these fundamental mom videos. They do these awesome organization videos. And one lady has her whole house rigged to play the audio bible all.day.long. So yeah sorta coocoo.

But what amazes me is the 'how to feed a family of 5 on 100 a month! How to feel a family of 9 on 200 a month. How to stretch one pound of ground meat to 80 meals.

Hey. How's about stop popping out babies and you could maybe afford to eat a hamburger daily. It's like these women are great at math but bad at the concept of hahas in the hoo hoo make mini haha hoo hoo babies. Put the calculator down and pic up the condoms.

I just watched a video of one of the children cook a meal for a family of 4 for $1

It's oatmeal.

And one lady makes all her 7 kids wear the same color of tops, including her and the husband. Oh and they run their own church because they didn't like what they were hearing at the old church (probably something like if you have to stretch 100 bucks a month for food for 7 kids...how's about god vetos that.

meh. 2 am I should go to bed.

Comment

I recall an Air Force family when I was in that had 9 kids. They got base housing and housing actually had to tear a wall down between two units and make it one unit with something like 8 bedrooms for the family. Would have been funny had it been just one base they stayed at I suppose but I know it occurred at at least three bases this family was assigned to. When I knew them they were on the Navy base I was assigned to and we used to joke about them fielding their own baseball team. Poor lady stayed pregnant as the kids were not really that far apart in ages between the individual children though the total range group was something like ten years. The Officer was only about half-way through a twenty year career so he could probably have had a few more children before it was all over, assuming he did a full twenty if not more. Of course that is assuming the Air Force allowed him to stay in, which given he already had at least ten in I am assuming they would not have kicked him out and that was in 2000 / 2001 when I retired.

- - - Updated - - -

On the home front my cousin has dropped her earthly garb as of 1 pm on the 19th and now belongs to the ages. So we pass into the painful times, the time of the questions and memories and the "what if's" and sing the travelling songs and write the words upon the winds to accompany her spirit upon its journey and let the ancestors know of her journey and meet her along with her guides to lead her spirit.

Comment

Working...
                                X