This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I love shopping! Then again I pretty much pick things too big and work my way down. Except for pants. I hate shopping for pants only because I have to try on like 10 to find 1!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I love shopping! Then again I pretty much pick things too big and work my way down. Except for pants. I hate shopping for pants only because I have to try on like 10 to find 1!
      Ugh. This. So much this.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I don't see the hassle in shopping. Whenever my clothes get too ripped or dirty to repair, I just go to amazon and order the same exact pants or shirt.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

If I'm looking for clothes, I generally find what something I'll tolerate very quickly and move on. If I'm looking for something interesting (read books here) then I take a while.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            I don't see the hassle in shopping. Whenever my clothes get too ripped or dirty to repair, I just go to amazon and order the same exact pants or shirt.
            Try covering a circle with a square. Now make that extra fabric sexy.

Comment

I'm sitting here thinking about the turns my life has taken. Watched another friend of mine get married to another friend of mine from high school. They've got kids together and they're very happy. A lot of the old crew I knew have all gotten married, had kids, or both. I've done well for myself, I'm in grad school and on my way for my teaching license so I can put all the experience I've had in a number of different places to the best use. But seeing my friends getting hitched...makes me more introspective than usual.

Nearly two years ago, I was in a similar place, getting into grad school, with a good woman by my side. Thought I had a plan. Then some things got pushed back, my mom had her car crash, and I dropped everything to help her and my younger sister. Then she left me when things were at their roughest, when I started turning to the bottle because of the burdens I had to shoulder. Somedays it amazes me that I'm still here, and I'm thankful that I got my head straight and the gods sent me a hand-up. The happiness I see so many old friends sharing in as they start their families...it really is as fragile as the wings on a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                I don't mind the shopping part. I love figuring out what colors and shapes look best on someone. It's really boring and brutal on the self esteem though to shop alone. Wish I lived closer to you or Juni, and could kidnap you for shopping now and then.
                I could probably tolerate this lol. My sister has taken me a few times, and that's tolerable. Torey actually likes to shop, but I don't trust his judgement so I get frustrated easily. He'll tell me that something looks great and I KNOW that it doesn't. It's not that he's lying or anything... he genuinely thinks that everything I put on looks good. I could put on a potato sack and he'd think I looked great.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                If I'm looking for clothes, I generally find what something I'll tolerate very quickly and move on. If I'm looking for something interesting (read books here) then I take a while.
                This is me. Clothes shopping takes about ten minutes and one shop and I'm fed up. Shop for books or even something like homewares... I'll be there all day happy as a clam.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                  That's quite a bit harder with women's clothes. The style changes so often even the basics don't seem to fit right after a year or two.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    That's quite a bit harder with women's clothes. The style changes so often even the basics don't seem to fit right after a year or two.

Yeps. It is why, at this point, I tend to wear tunics or sweaters and skirts and sundresses more than anything else, and I do not aim for a "fitted" look.

As for what I am thining ... I am thinking I ate way way too much for dinner tonight. For the third night in a row. Which usually means I am stressed ... but I am not sure what the hell I am stressed about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
                      Yeps. It is why, at this point, I tend to wear tunics or sweaters and skirts and sundresses more than anything else, and I do not aim for a "fitted" look.

As for what I am thining ... I am thinking I ate way way too much for dinner tonight. For the third night in a row. Which usually means I am stressed ... but I am not sure what the hell I am stressed about.
                      When I get stressed I get a shoulder twitch. Then it moves to my eyelid. Then I start clamping my jaw. Time to meditate. I often don't really know what is stressing me. But I can feel it.

Comment

I am thinking where did the months go? Hardly seems like half a year is gone already..
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                          Torey actually likes to shop, but I don't trust his judgement so I get frustrated easily. He'll tell me that something looks great and I KNOW that it doesn't. It's not that he's lying or anything... he genuinely thinks that everything I put on looks good. I could put on a potato sack and he'd think I looked great.

so much this... It's so frustrating!
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            I am thinking where did the months go? Hardly seems like half a year is gone already..
                            Word. I'm like NEXT week is 4th of July?!!! Where did the time go!?!

Comment

there appears to be a very cute boy with virtually identical interests checking out my dating profile (which I only went back onto because it sent me an email about how great of a match it would be). It's really a shame I'm not single (a fact that my profile notes). I'll just bookmark him.

On a related note I don't know what's with my boyfriend. We haven't visited one another in weeks and I'm getting virtual radio silence.
                              Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                                there appears to be a very cute boy with virtually identical interests checking out my dating profile (which I only went back onto because it sent me an email about how great of a match it would be). It's really a shame I'm not single (a fact that my profile notes). I'll just bookmark him.

On a related note I don't know what's with my boyfriend. We haven't visited one another in weeks and I'm getting virtual radio silence.
                                dude, uncheck mark that shit. Imagine your boyfriend way over wherever he is...checking marking his own replies to a site like that. You would be livid inside. And if you aren't..you need to not have a boyfriend.

*smacks hand

Comment

Working...
                                X