X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Also just saw that you guys got hit by a heavy snow storm. think it said ice storm...those ice ones are a pain,been there.
    This has been the most snow I've seen in this region, not just seasonally, but this last snowfall in particular, since I've lived here. The city keeps losing it's mind. You'd think the 4th time in one season, they'd have a better plan in place. I got to stay home today.

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Different things affect me more with age, too. I guess that's normal!
    I suppose. I'm kind of meh about this particular realization... Now I'm curious what else I'll discover, though.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I have an Ice Day today.

Had one yesterday, too.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It's raining again!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Get me being all friendly and conversation-ally all of a sudden. Did a guided meditation for the root chakra the other night and for some reason it's made me less grumpy and cold. Go figure.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Took a deeper look into planning an itinerary. I'm either getting lazy or easing up on my planning. I've pretty much decided that when I get there I will take each of the shuttle buses and stop at every stop. Take pics. Get back on. Stop for lunch and repeat. Though the second day looks like I might be driving to Desert View.
            This isn't lazy, right? I mean I'm supposed to relax. And it looks like all the shuttle buses go exactly where I need to go!

I am deciding to make my own trail snack though.

Comment

Firstly, yey snow!!!

Secondly, my only crush, Laura the weather girl from Good Morning Britain is in the most adorable dress this morning. She's so cute I could eat her.. is that weird?
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Bad tans, bad haircuts, and golden showers.

:bounce:
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

A few weeks ago I looked down and noticed there wasn't a horse there. I was like 'why am I not on a horse?'. Then it hit me. I'm in my 30s and yet when I was little I couldn't wait to be an adult so I could buy myself a horse. Well, life certainly didn't take me in the horse owning direction, that's for sure, but was that any reason to just give up the hobby altogether? I think I've maybe been on a horse twice since moving to Japan. Generally though, I just stopped caring about riding and only really remembered I liked horses when watching dramas or movies with them in (or crying at the Lloyds bank advert). Then of course there was the whole 'little white horse' escapade when a children's story upset me so much I had to make the horse into an imaginary friend.. like I'd have done as a kid (I carried a plastic shark with me for months after seeing Jaws. Didn't even blink when the humans were being eaten but was inconsolable when the shark died).

Long story short, I decided rather than be all grown up and put the extra money I suddenly have due to no longer supporting my mum into a savings account, or else use it to buy nicer closes, or spend more on my hair or whatever people with more money than me do with it, I ordered a bunch of riding gear and decided to sign myself up for some lessons!

I wore my jodhpur boots to work to help break them in. Had to get plastic because of the whole veggie thing, but they're so shiney!

Best part is that I discovered a few colleagues ride too. We're planning a hack together when the weather gets better (and I have a few lessons to remember what end to face!). Even one of the residents can ride so she's said she'd like to come along too. I'm so excited.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    I have an Ice Day today.

Had one yesterday, too.
                    We don't even get a day off if it's 42 celcius
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      We don't even get a day off if it's 42 celcius
                      We don't even get a day off if it's -42 celcius...

I bought two fur trenchcoats today on the buy/sell. Red fox, and coyote. They are boss as f. I'm going to make so many things with them.

Mostly art.

Comment

I participated in a demonstration at the local hospital today. We carried signs reading "Healthcare for all", etc. The local paper was tere, and later ran a story about it online. The first commenter ranted about welfare/food stamp recipients who don't want to work, etc. - totally off topic. Funny but ...ugh.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

We don't even get a day off if it's -42 celcius...

I bought two fur trenchcoats today on the buy/sell. Red fox, and coyote. They are boss as f. I'm going to make so many things with them.
                          See you get me. Just the opposite extreme.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

My nephew had his surgery yesterday. I am so glad he is doing well. He's breathing through his nose and hearing much better.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Seriously? Sometimes harsh chemicals are your heroes. Putting my shower head to soak in CLR for five minutes? It's like I'm suddenly at the spa! FULL WATER PRESSURE!

Comment

Just feeling a bit weird. My neighbour died today.. he had been sick as long as I've known him, and it has gone downhill lately, it wasn't a surprise. But it's still a bit... hm...
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...