X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Hopefully I'm not one of em Jem, I used to be pretty bad lol. But it really helped me stay motivated to post pics etc.
    No, you're not. There's just two of them. I included in my post that it wasn't aimed at people who are on genuine health kicks to improve their health and share because it keeps them motivated.

It took me days to get the guts to post but I finally did it today (I'd already unfollowed them on Friday). Not the easiest thing I've ever done, but they post their boasts to make themselves feel good. If it's harming me to see it, then why can't I make myself feel good by no longer seeing their shit!!

One of them was my upstairs neighbour. Yesterday I passed her on her way back from the gym at 10 am, then JP passed her on the way back in the evening. All she ever posts is how good she's been, or photos of her dressed in skin-tight outfits. This morning I jogged for 30 minutes (at home, I can't jog outside), kidding myself that it was because I didn't do much exercise lately, but that's bs. When you don't drive so have to walk home from the supermarket carrying your bags, and need to go shopping more frequently due to the limit of how much you can carry, as well as walking to and from work there's no such thing as not enough exercise. I do yoga, squats and planks most days, swim on Monday nights, and do gardening on Friday mornings ... I didn't HAVE to jog at all. I did it out of insecurity because of my neighbour. So stuff her. Stuff them all.. hope they choke on their courgetti spaghetti!
    Last edited by Jembru; 06 Feb 2017, 04:51.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I decided that I'm going back to the doctor today. I'm feeling like crap and now I really can't eat anything because my stomach hurts really bad. After we take my son (fur son) for his dental exam (he's going to have to get surgery on his teeth later this year and we need an estimate) then I am going to go to the doctor. What is going on with me?
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

There has been a really bad stomach bug going nation wide, Anu. Don't know if it's related. Don't know the back story. I have been gone for far too long.

Mother drama. Ugh. I am having to write a statement about my mother's crazy so that my sister-in-law can get a restraining order for my niece who is apparently being brainwashed by her.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          There has been a really bad stomach bug going nation wide, Anu. Don't know if it's related. Don't know the back story. I have been gone for far too long.

Mother drama. Ugh. I am having to write a statement about my mother's crazy so that my sister-in-law can get a restraining order for my niece who is apparently being brainwashed by her.
          Over here it's a chest infection. Almost all of my colleagues had it (except me and the other member of staff who never catches stuff that goes around: she swears it's because we're veggie ^^). It doesn't respond to antibiotics, which is fine if you can fight it off. One of the ladies I support couldn't... I'm still in shock from the news that she won't be home. To go from fine to gone in a matter of days... I was already angry at the over prescription of antibiotics, and the idiot patients that pressure doctors to prescribe them, but when you see first hand what happens when a person can't fight the infection on their own, and there's no antibiotic that can help, makes me genuinely scared for the future.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I've had a cough for 6 weeks now, although it's not really so much a cough in itself as it is a tickle in my throat that triggers a cough. Usually ends in gasping for air and vomiting. I have been to the doctor for this. Last week and in the past, due to collapsing from coughing to violently. Chest x-rays are always clean and I don't have asthma. In the past, It's gone away with antibiotics, but those trigger my upset stomach issues (SIBO - small intestine bacterial overgrowth) which is not any better to deal with. The only other option my doc said is to take prednisone (steroid) and I refuse to touch that stuff. I've seen firsthand what it does to people and I'm already sensitive to hormonal imbalances, so I'm actually doing everyone a favor by not taking it.
            I've been drinking tea with honey and occasionally using cough suppressants, which really don't work so I'm not sure why I'm even bothering. And it's not contagious.
            Considering getting another medical opinion. My PCP was great when I first started going there, but over the last few visits, nothing ever seems to get resolved.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

No, you're not. There's just two of them. I included in my post that it wasn't aimed at people who are on genuine health kicks to improve their health and share because it keeps them motivated.

It took me days to get the guts to post but I finally did it today (I'd already unfollowed them on Friday). Not the easiest thing I've ever done, but they post their boasts to make themselves feel good. If it's harming me to see it, then why can't I make myself feel good by no longer seeing their shit!!

One of them was my upstairs neighbour. Yesterday I passed her on her way back from the gym at 10 am, then JP passed her on the way back in the evening. All she ever posts is how good she's been, or photos of her dressed in skin-tight outfits. This morning I jogged for 30 minutes (at home, I can't jog outside), kidding myself that it was because I didn't do much exercise lately, but that's bs. When you don't drive so have to walk home from the supermarket carrying your bags, and need to go shopping more frequently due to the limit of how much you can carry, as well as walking to and from work there's no such thing as not enough exercise. I do yoga, squats and planks most days, swim on Monday nights, and do gardening on Friday mornings ... I didn't HAVE to jog at all. I did it out of insecurity because of my neighbour. So stuff her. Stuff them all.. hope they choke on their courgetti spaghetti!
              You exercise more than me haha. I drive the 2.5 blocks to work 🙈
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Some of the symptoms with the latest flu sound a lot like a flu I got back in the 80's. One year the flu going around took almost 3-4 months to fully get over. You would start to feel better,and resume a normal life thing(work and play) and then it would come back and knock you back. over 3-4 months you might go through this 2-4 times a month,with each recurrence less nasty.
                One of the worst flu's I have experienced in my life but there was the 2 day flu(on a weekend) that went from fevers(high) to chills that would shift about every half hour. Over that weekend I lost 15 pounds. There is a medical idea that you can not catch the same flu twice,as your body becomes immune after you get over it,and Flu mutates AND that 80's flu MIGHT get you if it missed you back then. Why it is so hard to decide what goes into a flu shot. They go with the most like strain for a year.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I went to the doctor yesterday and had labs drawn and a chest x-ray and abdominal x-ray. Still waiting for the results of the x-rays. Dad thinks that we're getting a lot of bugs because we haven't had a good Winter freeze to kill off the bugs. Figure. He complains about the snow, but then again we need it as well. I'm feeling a little bit better from yesterday. Can eat a little bit more, but this cough is still around. Hope the x-rays tell me something. Hope you all feel better too.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Yesterday was pure craziness. I spent the majority of the day writing up the statement on my mother. I found out my brother was refusing to return my niece to her mother (she was due back Sunday night and didn't get returned until Monday night, and then only under pressure from law enforcement.) My family is pure insanity.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Whelp it dawned on me over the last few weeks that I need to find a new job, or KP does because though I enjoy mine it is just not economical for us to work at LU together. We can't pay our bills when both of us are laid off, and the cost of insurance for the three of us is just freakin outrageous. As these thoughts were going through my head and trying to figure out the best way to do this. I or KP needs a job that works as close to the opposite schedule as possible so we save on childcare. A job that has good insurance and good pay. Heck something that works year around. My MIL got a new job with the city and her position is about to become available. Its considered an entry level position but insurance is $120 bi-weekly, Monday-Friday, 8-4:30, with 2 weeks vacation 2 weeks of personal time, 12 paid holidays... and they pay $5.00 more an hour then what I get now. And I have been in the industry for over 7 years. I decided that I would have that job when she told me about it. I have the qualifications to do it, and experience though it has been a year since I have had to use them. So I updated my resume, reintroduced myself to excel, and am waiting for them to post the job.

Again I love the people I work for we just can't continue to survive off it, and I am alright with making the job change. Should I tell my boss after I interview(that is if I interview.. p.s. I will interview because I say so)? I don't want to screw them over they have been good to me.
                      Last edited by kalynraye; 08 Feb 2017, 09:52.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

ForumRunner_20170209_153918.jpg
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I learned today that I don't like face massages, or more specifically, I don't like oil on my face.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I had to work an hour and some change overtime to allow a co-worker to do some sort of scanny thing I could care less about. I had one swiffer duster left and I went to TOWN on the store after closing. Then I petered out and listened to my audiobook in the office while she finished up. Thankfully she gave me a ride home since it was so late and I didn't want to ride my bike home.

So tomorrow I'm getting up a half hour earlier to have an hour between my two busses. The bus picks me up a block from my house and drops me off at the mall. So I'm treating myself and going across the street. I'm going to hang out with the old people and eat at Sizzlers! Oh yeah, the memories of going there with my nana and mom. Good times!

Plus I just got my tax refund and quickly moved it all to the savings account. I can splurge on an $8.99 steak.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So glad I'm able to eat and feeling better. Gotta go and get labs drawn tomorrow to check my potassium levels and getting a daith piercing.
                              Anubisa

Comment

It is Snowing and blowing here in NJ...one foot and rising..
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X