X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I'm getting really upset. I had another seizure and I don't know why. I had one on Friday of last week and one yesterday. I don't know what's going on with my body. This is just making me more upset than ever. I was doing so well.
    I'm not a doctor, nor do I have any medical training specifically about Seizures and the causes thereof; The following is only my opinion. If you are experiencing a lot of stress (doesn't matter what kind: Work, Home, Life, etc), it could be a trigger. Perhaps schedule some Swedish massages to help relax your mind and body. Depending on how well that works, you could change to a deep tissue.
    Massage can help relax your tense muscles from the seizures and helps overall circulation. However, it may take more than one massage to see results. If you have insurance, you can check with them if massage is covered (some insurances do allow up to x amount of massages a year). I would recommend looking for a Clinic rather than a Spa, because Spa's never (to my knowledge but this may vary based on location) do insurance. Around here, most Chiropractic clinics also offer massage services.

Another option is to try acupuncture, but i have little experience with that so I cannot speak on the benefits of acupuncture in regards to seizures.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      I'm not a doctor, nor do I have any medical training specifically about Seizures and the causes thereof; The following is only my opinion. If you are experiencing a lot of stress (doesn't matter what kind: Work, Home, Life, etc), it could be a trigger. Perhaps schedule some Swedish massages to help relax your mind and body. Depending on how well that works, you could change to a deep tissue.
      Massage can help relax your tense muscles from the seizures and helps overall circulation. However, it may take more than one massage to see results. If you have insurance, you can check with them if massage is covered (some insurances do allow up to x amount of massages a year). I would recommend looking for a Clinic rather than a Spa, because Spa's never (to my knowledge but this may vary based on location) do insurance. Around here, most Chiropractic clinics also offer massage services.

Another option is to try acupuncture, but i have little experience with that so I cannot speak on the benefits of acupuncture in regards to seizures.
      Thanks for the advice Juniper. I'll have to look into it. I still have to hear back from my neurologist. He had done some tests on my blood levels. So I am hoping to see what is going on. I just don't understand why this is suddenly happening to me. I was doing so good.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

This has always kind of scared the crap in me. I had a friend that had seizures and her Boyfriend was well versed as what to do when she had them. As to why it frightened me,it was because I wondered if suddenly I myself might have this happen to me. Mainly because there is VERY little knowledge as to why this happens(Better informed these days,thank you internet) It is also scary to see a friend have a seizure in front of you,and feeling helpless not knowing what to do.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          This has always kind of scared the crap in me. I had a friend that had seizures and her Boyfriend was well versed as what to do when she had them. As to why it frightened me,it was because I wondered if suddenly I myself might have this happen to me. Mainly because there is VERY little knowledge as to why this happens(Better informed these days,thank you internet) It is also scary to see a friend have a seizure in front of you,and feeling helpless not knowing what to do.
          I never had seizures until about a year and a half ago when they started. The doctor's think they might be related to a blow I took to my head while I was out at sea many years ago due to some other things that have occurred. But as of right now they really can't identify what is causing them or the time freezes that occasionally occur. My niece has them due to a TBI that occurred to her when she was younger. Her's strike rather suddenly and not a whole lot you can do except wait it out and try to keep her from hurting herself.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I know you most likely can't drink beer,but its the thought that counts.
            This is so true. Knock back 3 bottles of wine? Easy! 2 bottles of water... are you kidding..
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
              I'm getting really upset. I had another seizure and I don't know why. I had one on Friday of last week and one yesterday. I don't know what's going on with my body. This is just making me more upset than ever. I was doing so well.
              I really hope you sort this out. I have nothing to add, but my thoughts x
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm off for 2 bloody days in a row and I'm sooo excited!!!!!
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sitting on the couch trying to feel better and the sun shines through between the blinds right on my face. Seriously, why?

ForumRunner_20170306_081440.jpg
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    Sitting on the couch trying to feel better and the sun shines through between the blinds right on my face. Seriously, why?

[ATTACH]5139[/ATTACH]
                    I have dark heavy drapes. But it's not dark enough for me. I got a black curtain up underneath it and I use hair clips to clip the drapes together.

This is probably why I have a vitamin D deficiency.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I recieved my LabCorp labwork bill in the mail yesterday. $1,005. I must have the most expensive blood evah!

So it has on the form to fill out your insurance and send it in. And I'm all sorts of worried they are gonna try to actually stick me with this bill. I go on-line because it gives you an option to do it on-line. And it's like oh your invoice is invalid....even though there it is, my invoice.

Upon further reading it says this might be due to them billing my insurance. It's been a long while, but I think they normally send you a bill anyways, even though they bill the insurance. Does that sound correct?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Have seen that with my friend who was on medicaid(He passed a year ago) they sent a printed bill even though the medicaid covered it before the bill was sent. Not sure about your insurance though.(His bill back then was about $150,000) spine surgery.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Have seen that with my friend who was on medicaid(He passed a year ago) they sent a printed bill even though the medicaid covered it before the bill was sent. Not sure about your insurance though.(His bill back then was about $150,000) spine surgery.
                          I get those with my insurance, medicaid and with my VA stuff a lot of times as well. Sort of a "Here's what you'd have to pay if you had to pay for it" information.
                          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It's been a while since I've posted. I had a seizure last Friday night and my parents called 911. I don't remember too much from that night only that the ambulance guy walked me down three flights of stairs to the ambulance and he was asking me questions in the ambulance. They took me in the E.R. and my parents met me there. They were asking me questions there and I told my parents they could go home that I wanted to rest. Then all the sudden it was Monday. Apparently I had another seizure at the E.R. and I they had to intubate me (meaning put a tube down my throat). I woke up with a tube down my throat and couldn't communicate unless I wrote on a erasable board with a marker. The scary thing about seizures are that you have no idea how long you're out. My parents told me that I had had a seizure and they had sedated me. What was two days, felt like waking up from a nap. It scared me so much. On Tuesday, they took out the tube. I'm still having issues with my throat, but can speak and eat. Wednesday, I got a room where I could take a shower because believe me I felt nastified. Six days in the hospital will do that to you. Yesterday, I came home and I was frigging happy. No idea. Going to see my neurologist next month to see what is going on. Just pray for me guys. I was doing so good. The neurologists I saw thought that it might have been an ear infection that brought it on because I also have issues with my adrenal glands. I'm going to ask about medical marijuana. It's an option I haven't talked about and we have pretty much have exhausted a lot of options. Just keep me in your thoughts if you would.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Omgs Anubisa, that's horrible. I'm glad you're home now at least. Fingers crossed that the neurologist can work out what has brought these on so you can get them back under control.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Wow, that sounds really scary. I hope they figure it out.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X