This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I remember those monsoon rains in the P.I....One day it started to rain,and did not stop for several months,talking rain every day with no let up. Subic bay that normally was so clear you could see down a LONG way,turned dark brown,with trees floating all around.

Socks,OD green,cushion sole...

- - - Updated - - -

And there was this.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Scotland was like that. Rain that came in sideways and soaked one side of you. I was single and lived in the barracks there so walked out to the site. Wasn't really that long of a walk but it went across an open field and many times the field was socked in with fog as well as the driving rain. We'd get to the site and depending upon the weather our front or backside would be soaked to the bone with water dripping off us while the other side would be bone dry. During the winter it'd be an icy cold wind with snow or sleet but it always penetrated our pea coats. Sometimes the fog so darn think if you stepped off the sidewalk you'd be lost in the pasture, especially if it had snowed until the fog burned off or you lucked out and happened to wander back around and hit either the lighted walkway or paved road. Of course Scotland had those darn large Hares that'd come charging out of the fog and scare the heck out of you or darn near knock you over if they hit you. Never have forgotten the rain and fog there though. Worse in the winter months though not as often as we recall but still often enough.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I remember one place where I worked - I had to go through a puddle to get in, and my feet were wet. I asked to go to the store (it would have been less than a 10 minute round trip) to buy socks and was told no. This was a white collar management job. Ridiculous!
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The otterbox case I had for my phone had to be tossed... Using my phone without a case feels weird. The screen looks bigger, lol.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

because I had to move suddenly so late in the semester I'm having some major trouble getting back on track with my final paper, studying for finals, and this last bit of coursework. There's already been a general extension given to the entire class because they've had difficulty so I can't really get more time. I fully intend to submit some solid c papers which should be fine given my grades but the time to do the reading to even do that is growing thin.
            Circe

Comment

Not sure what an otterbox is(I have never owned a cell phone) but sorry you had to toss it. I don't have a land line exactly,I have a comcast phone line that uses the internet,but it seems trying to even get a land line anymore is getting very hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              because I had to move suddenly so late in the semester I'm having some major trouble getting back on track with my final paper, studying for finals, and this last bit of coursework. There's already been a general extension given to the entire class because they've had difficulty so I can't really get more time. I fully intend to submit some solid c papers which should be fine given my grades but the time to do the reading to even do that is growing thin.
              How much until you finish and get a degree?

Good luck with the paper.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                How much until you finish and get a degree?

Good luck with the paper.
                There's a few issues since I technically changed majors (I had gone in as Humanities with the intention of transferring for psychology, then they added psychology halfway through my degree) but, I could've theoretically had it by now. The issue is my school, despite offering a degree in psychology, is very limited in both timing and content for those courses. They're principally focused on child development/education and social work, neither of which is what I really want. I could've fulfilled my requirements anyway to get a basic degree before moving onto a four year, but the necessary courses are only offered once a year (if they're offered that year) meaning I'd need to stay longer.

Compounded with that is the school's claims that I've exceeded the maximum credit attempts and as a result they're removing a good chunk of my financial aide if I remain there. I had intended to get my basic degree before I transfered but, now I'm just going to skip it and go for the bachelor's at the transfer school since there's no real benefit to remaining at this point. I haven't checked with my preferred school yet, but it should be about two years for that. I'm annoyed for a number of reasons but, my new apartment has a bus to where I want to go which is a plus.
                Circe

Comment

Higher education. I do kind of wish at times I had pursued it. My life took a few weird turns,but I did manage to survive to 70,so kinda close to graduation anyway

Good luck with your path,make the most of it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Seriously considering if I actually want to go to my high school class reunion tomorrow...
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

A neighbor is selling a 2012 Chevy Sonic LT with 8500. (not thousand) miles on it - it was his mother-in-law's car, you know, the "old lady who drove it to church and shopping" LOL He wants $8K. Any of you knowledgeable car buffs have an opinion on that price? Physically it's close to perfect - just one tiny scratch on the bumper. I didn't drive it but I started the engine and it sounds good and feels steady.
                      sigpic

Comment

For a car that is about 5 years old,8 grand isn't bad. Looked it up and not a bad looking car. If you just want it for a around town car,it sounds good. For a car that small and with a 4 banger,a stick would be a good idea. I drove a 4 banger Datsun and going up hill,you had to run up the speed to not lug getting to the top,and it was a 5 speed.
                        Last edited by anunitu; 12 May 2017, 15:21.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I've never driven a stick and am not about to start now. LOL I will probably take it for a spin - my driveway is very steep so we'll see how it does there. I guess if it checks out good mechanically, it's a good price considering the mileage. But then there's taxes and blah blah blah.
                          sigpic

Comment

I started driving a Chevy Malibu,with a big engine,when we got the Datsun,I learned to drive stick. If I were to drive again(do not drive the last few years) it might be stick.
                            Much easier at my age to drive an automatic,BUT when I was driving the 5 speed,I LOVED having that much control. Better gas mileage and a lot of fun to drive(learning a stick can be a bear,but when you do,it is amazing)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Driving a stick is a bit rough at first, but it soon becomes easy...until you try to think about it.

Once I got used to it, I LOVED driving a manny-trans.

(That sounds a bit kinky...)
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yes it does B. De. Yes it DOES!! But we are talking about a "Stick" here...so there you go...

Also,with a stick,you can slow and stop without hitting the brake.
                                Last edited by anunitu; 12 May 2017, 16:11.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X