This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

For the past month or so I've been meditating outside. I started off needing the window open so I could hear the outside world, then I sat at the back door with it wide open, and now I just crave being outside to do it. Our swing seat has a cover so I can still come out when it's raining (a little while ago we had a sudden downpour while I was sat here so I had to run in quickly and grab the cover). Anyway, I must have been sat here longer than I thought, because I just turned around and a spider was making her web, using me as one of the supports. Haha!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I would have ran off Jembru. I am scared of spiders.

I've felt so crappy today. I've mostly slept and my foot and back are hurting really bad. I'm hoping it will feel better, otherwise I will have to cancel therapy for tomorrow. I hate cancelling my therapies, but I can't do any type of therapy with my foot aching.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Never check the news before bed. Yikes. What's going on in Manchester is awful... been following the situation for the past hour now. I keep hoping it's not as bad as it seems. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886 bit at least it's nice to see people helping each other to stay safe, offering rooms for those who can't get home.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Saw it on Google..19 dead..no word on if it was Terrorist or not.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Saw it on Google..19 dead..no word on if it was Terrorist or not.
            It's still very very recent. They're treating it as a terrorist action, but that might be a better safe than sorry thing.
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

It is going to be a BUSY week news wise..More came out on Trump and stuff..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Is it ever not these days?... a bit of humour within a terrible situation, they just carried out a controlled explosion on what turned out to be clothing.
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

All those young kids at the concert - and their poor parents looking for them. I hate to keep saying this but "WHEN I WAS A KID" we didn't even think about this stuff. My high school drama class had field trips to NYC for goodness sakes. We saw plays, went to museums, ate in Chinatown, etc...a busload of teenagers and a couple of teachers. No problem.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    All those young kids at the concert - and their poor parents looking for them. I hate to keep saying this but "WHEN I WAS A KID" we didn't even think about this stuff. My high school drama class had field trips to NYC for goodness sakes. We saw plays, went to museums, ate in Chinatown, etc...a busload of teenagers and a couple of teachers. No problem.
                    Terror has always been around, that's important to remember. You hear about it more today thanks to the internet (and that's really not always a good thing). The terrorists just change with the times... I remember much more horrific and bloody attacks 10 and 20 years ago. And my high school choir and orchestra still happily loaded us on a bus to prague and dresden with 100 kids and 3 teachers. Sometimes, really horrible things happen. There's no bigger reason to fear that today than there's always been I think. If we do terrorists win...
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Woke up to the news this morning. It's truly horrific. I know our defenses have done a good job overall, but they can't watch everyone. I feel terrible for the families of those who lost their lives. It's 22 now, isn't it?

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                      I would have ran off Jembru. I am scared of spiders.

I've felt so crappy today. I've mostly slept and my foot and back are hurting really bad. I'm hoping it will feel better, otherwise I will have to cancel therapy for tomorrow. I hate cancelling my therapies, but I can't do any type of therapy with my foot aching.
                      It was only a little spider, just a few mm across.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Kinda like you Hawk,as a kid we went on field trips into San Francisco. Whole class riding the green train that ran on the Bay bridge into San Francisco. then riding MUNI(SF bus system) to the aquarium and the Museum..and other places of interest(Including China Town)
                        Last edited by anunitu; 23 May 2017, 11:33.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                          Terror has always been around, that's important to remember. You hear about it more today thanks to the internet (and that's really not always a good thing). The terrorists just change with the times... I remember much more horrific and bloody attacks 10 and 20 years ago. And my high school choir and orchestra still happily loaded us on a bus to prague and dresden with 100 kids and 3 teachers. Sometimes, really horrible things happen. There's no bigger reason to fear that today than there's always been I think. If we do terrorists win...
                          10 or 20, yes. I'm talking 40-50 LOL We had race riots etc. in the '60s when I was a kid but in high school & college (the '70s) nobody was thinking about a mad bomber in school or the movies, etc. There were always serial killers and that kind of freak stuff, but the "terror" didn't get rolling here in the USA until the first World Trade Center attack and the Columbine shootings. (1993 and 99, respectively). That's when the atmosphere started shifting, and of course 9/11 was the big game-changer.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

There was,and I was there,the weather underground,the SLA,the SDS(this in the 70's) the 80's had Black September,the Olympic hostage thing,hijackings(both plane and ship)
                            Mainly in Europe,but we got the crack and Cocaine thing,and also Yuppys..Did I forget Manson in the 70's..and The Zebra killings?

Zebra killings.

Stuff always happens,Crazy people do crazy things.

All I can say,is a certain orange figure is standing right there on that cliffs edge,and one small push,and down into history he goes...

Also a mention of Mario Savio

This guy. in Berkeley at the free speech rallies
                            Last edited by anunitu; 23 May 2017, 11:59.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              10 or 20, yes. I'm talking 40-50 LOL We had race riots etc. in the '60s when I was a kid but in high school & college (the '70s) nobody was thinking about a mad bomber in school or the movies, etc. There were always serial killers and that kind of freak stuff, but the "terror" didn't get rolling here in the USA until the first World Trade Center attack and the Columbine shootings. (1993 and 99, respectively). That's when the atmosphere started shifting, and of course 9/11 was the big game-changer.
                              I'll believe it wasn't a thing in the US. I know of several groups in Denmark alone, some worse than others. During wwII we had a group of german trained danes preparing to basically just commit as much mass murder as possible if Germany was losing. Thankfully the guy supposed give the order died in the last days of the war. In the 70's and 80's we had a political organisation spreading fear, mostly with murders and violent robberies. Bombs are easier to access today. Most weapons really. So there's bound to be more. I agree it's scary, and it feels like it's escalating but if you look at statistics (can't find them right now, I've come across ilustrations a few times) it's not as high as it feels. We just hear much more of it. It feels much closer because the entire world is closer now thanks to internet and media.
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I give you the early BEAT,where I learned all my best ideas.

The Marry Pranksters

The BEAT came and went,and spawned the whole HIPPY thing.

I think at times you really had to be there...The first MAGIC Bus.

- - - Updated - - -

Better pic of the Bus.
                                Last edited by anunitu; 23 May 2017, 12:08.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X