This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

My mom and dad got me my first sewing machine. Looking forward to use it, but want to educate myself. Checking out some books. My parents are experienced sewers and quilters. I'm not wanting to be a quilter, but want to learn to do basic stuff and make clothes for myself in the future.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

My fur son's surgery is this Friday and I am just counting down the days. I am so damned nervous. Waiting for the big day is so hard. Tomorrow we take them to get groomed and that should help the doctor with getting in to his teeth. I'm just a damned ball of energy till the big day.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          I think I'm a minimalist!

Videos on minimalism kept popping up in my suggestions on Youtube so I checked them out. I thought minimalism was just about having white walls and furniture and living out of a suitcase. Although there are some minimalist who aim to have no attachment to any object, the majority that I've listened to over the last few days say it's not about having hardly any possessions, but having only possessions you genuinely need or adore. This is definitely me.
          I watched a bunch of videos on the Konmari method. It actually moved me to regularly go through my belongings and purge. I used to collect a lot of knick knacks. But I live in a small space with just my bedroom and bathroom for all my storage. I collect photos of my experiences instead. Every day off I find a section to work on and purge purge purge! I have a running master list I work off of.

Thinking thank Satan for Uber. My Uber ride is only $5.70 pretty much any direction I go. I guess it's because I'm only going within a 2 mile radius I pay the minimum. The heat is over 90 right now. And so I've worked it into my budget to use it both going and coming home. Though when the days get cooler I'll do the bus there and uber home. What's so easy is that I have a designated spot at my work (I'm next door to Starbucks). So I go sit for about 3 minutes and they come and get me. It's awesome!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            I watched a bunch of videos on the Konmari method. It actually moved me to regularly go through my belongings and purge. I used to collect a lot of knick knacks. But I live in a small space with just my bedroom and bathroom for all my storage. I collect photos of my experiences instead. Every day off I find a section to work on and purge purge purge! I have a running master list I work off of.
            I just started following the KonMari method too! The audio book popped up on YT a few days ago. I started listening while I was doing housework and her animist approach instantly resonated with me. I realise now that the idea of only having what you love, rather than aiming for a particular number of items, comes from this method rather than being a belief held by minimalists in general.

Her sorting and storing methods are genius. I'm busy folding all my clothes using her method. You can fit so much more into your drawers when you stand them on edge and yet it looks like there's less. My mind is blown!

I'm part way through sorting my books and the members of my local moot are going to love me when I show up with a pile of metaphysical books looking for a new home!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

About to take Wally to the vet for surgery. I didn't sleep too well last night. Hoping after I have my speech therapy appointment at 10:00 I can go home and take a nap for a while before picking up Wally.
              Anubisa

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                About to take Wally to the vet for surgery. I didn't sleep too well last night. Hoping after I have my speech therapy appointment at 10:00 I can go home and take a nap for a while before picking up Wally.
                How did it go? Is he back to his usual self or a bit sulky from the experience? I'm sure he'll be much happier in the long run for it.

Comment

Not too far from here, someone's "tiny house" got stolen. The tiny house thing is a fad I've always thought was a little crazy. If your whole house is so small that someone can just drive off with it, that's just insane.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    How did it go? Is he back to his usual self or a bit sulky from the experience? I'm sure he'll be much happier in the long run for it.
                    Nah, actually last night he was wiped out due to the meds, but today he is back to barking and being himself. He is eating dry food surprisingly. The doctor only had to pull out six teeth which was a surprise to her and us. So he's doing loads better.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Glad the pooch is doing well.

The tiny houses are usually on wheels because of zoning laws. That said, there must be a way to secure them in an obviously temporary but effective way. We had a rash of someone stealing play houses a few years ago. It must pose a special kind of temptation to some people.

I am hoping to downsize to an rv or van once the kids are reasonably launched. I love the idea of a very small, mobile home. But I intend to keep mine moving until I am too old to drive. A tiny home would be too much hassle to move that often.I do have anxiety about someone driving off with my home. But I think I'll get over it. Or figure out a reasonable security option.
                      Last edited by Prickly Pear; 09 Jul 2017, 10:50. Reason: spelling/grammar/darned homonyms

Comment

I've been thinking about having a tiny house built when I get on my feet and have the money. I think it is such a good investment and you have the option to take it with you or buy property and keep it there. But it is ridiculous to steal someone's house. There's got to be a way to protect them.
                        Anubisa

Comment

I'd Lo-jack mine.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm actually cutting logs to build a tiny house (i.e. a shack) out back, currently. I got a chainsaw for Christmas...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              I'd Lo-jack mine.
                              I was talking to my daughter about this thread. She suggested a boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                I'd Lo-jack mine.
                                Or just keep a relatively cheap smart phone with GPS enabled hidden somewhere in it. Most smart phones can be located via a web portal if they're configured right and it's not like hiding one is hard.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X