This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Thal shared an article about Sumerian hymns on her fb page and I just love the second song.
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
      Lol. lyoo-beh-zehn.

It translates to "love."
      Oops. I've been pronouncing it without the 'y'. Like lew-beh-zehn. Sorry, Love. :/

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I never even tried to pronounce it. I'm pretty sure I've just been like that Lj jooobeebeee gal. Lol. Way off.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I forgot how sharp new razors are. I've been using a dull one for months but got a new one and now I have cuts all over my chin. This weird gel that's built into it made it so much harder. I realize it's supposed to make thighs glide bt it made it so hard to catch the hairs with the razor, not to mention it clogged it up. Shaving is so annoying. Also I keep missing that area at the back of the jawbone near the ear, it's just so difficult to reach. Blah.
          Circe

Comment

Cramps.

Also, I've lost another friend to the great, wide somewhere. One more to go next month, and all my friends will have officially fled town. For good.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I never even tried to pronounce it. I'm pretty sure I've just been like that Lj jooobeebeee gal. Lol. Way off.
              I lol'd. haha

You should try to say the capital city's name the American way, makes me laugh every time. Ljubljana

To be fair, if you're saying it "properly" you barely hear the y sound.

Comment

I am thinking that this scientific study was both amusing and horrifying to participate in... and I am also wondering how in depth they went with methodology.

Comment

When your girlfriend gets into a fist fight at a concert does it say you should run or does this mean you should marry her? I'm not sure.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    When your girlfriend gets into a fist fight at a concert does it say you should run or does this mean you should marry her? I'm not sure.
                    Well, if she wasn't punching YOU out... marry her (if she won the fight, that is)...
                    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                    Clan of my Clan
                    Kin of my Kin
                    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Hey, Doc? I'm with Rick on this one.

Bonus score if she's a redhead, as well.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                        Bonus score if she's a redhead, as well.
                        That's implied. If she happens to have brown/black hair though it's a trap - likely she's a blond in disguise and is completely insane.

Comment

I made pulled buffalo chicken for dinner... it was hot. My husband called it chicken from hell actually. I need something to thin out the spice next time. Really simple recipe, buffalo sauce, ranch seasoning, chicken, crockpot, but it needs something else in the sauce...
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                            That's implied. If she happens to have brown/black hair though it's a trap - likely she's a blond in disguise and is completely insane.
                            Hey now, I'm a brunette (ain't no blonde hiding here)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              Well, if she wasn't punching YOU out... marry her (if she won the fight, that is)...
                              It was against two other women who actually started the fight. I'd say she won, pretty solidly too.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                                I made pulled buffalo chicken for dinner... it was hot. My husband called it chicken from hell actually. I need something to thin out the spice next time. Really simple recipe, buffalo sauce, ranch seasoning, chicken, crockpot, but it needs something else in the sauce...

Try adding butter or sour cream, perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X