X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
    My little pet scorpion died today I'm going to find a nice spot to bury him tomorrow.
    Considering my propensity for being stung/bit by insects... I've never considered keeping an arthropod as a pet.

I've always been fascinated by (and loved to eat) crawdads, and scorpions are pretty cool to look at... but ants, mosquitos, wasps and bees all seem to love to bite/sting me... so I tend to stay away... plus scorpion stings HURT!
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      My little pet scorpion died today I'm going to find a nice spot to bury him tomorrow.
      Oh Cuckoo, I'm sorry

Comment

I think I'm feeling sick.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I don't drink enough water.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Our AC is out again
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

27 more days.

Not one thing is even close to completed. Most aren't even started.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I am thinking about my tomorrow's little trip. Finally I'll get out of my home and out of the stressful situation finally.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I don't understand the rivalry between US and Canadian citizens I see all the time. Bitching over who's got the better government, who has a better military, who's got this who has that.

I love the USA, not even sucking up. I don't think there is a sounder close border alliance on this whole earth. We have the largest land border, we are one anothers biggest trading partners, we both have open borders for our military's so if either of us have any issues we'll come to help one another. When the boots hit the ground and the shit hits the fan there is no country on this earth that will be more steadfast and reliable in helping Canada, and vice versa. I don't get why people feel a need to compete with their closest ally, I guess it could just be the classic "best friend competition" thing. It just annoys me, theres nothing to gain. Without the US, Canada would literally be weak and alone, for instance say a non friendly ex-communist nation was south of Canada. Say they had no intentions to hurt Canada, but also no intentions to help. Canada would be a weak and alone nation on the american continent with a huge amount of resources ripe for the picking of any great power. China, Russia you name it would have an open season. But in our much more fortunate reality the world stage considers Canada and the USA one in the same, we tend to go to the same places and fight the same battles, so in effect Canadas military strength is far larger than it really is.

Just had to say it, we are all very fortunate to have one another. This could be like 15th century europe, everybody invading eachother for dumb reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to discredit England, England would help for sure. But the logistics of our alliance and the distance between our nations make it harder, and make the alliance more vulnerable.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    I don't understand the rivalry between US and Canadian citizens I see all the time. Bitching over who's got the better government, who has a better military, who's got this who has that.

I love the USA, not even sucking up. I don't think there is a sounder close border alliance on this whole earth. We have the largest land border, we are one anothers biggest trading partners, we both have open borders for our military's so if either of us have any issues we'll come to help one another. When the boots hit the ground and the shit hits the fan there is no country on this earth that will be more steadfast and reliable in helping Canada, and vice versa. I don't get why people feel a need to compete with their closest ally, I guess it could just be the classic "best friend competition" thing. It just annoys me, theres nothing to gain. Without the US, Canada would literally be weak and alone, for instance say a non friendly ex-communist nation was south of Canada. Say they had no intentions to hurt Canada, but also no intentions to help. Canada would be a weak and alone nation on the american continent with a huge amount of resources ripe for the picking of any great power. China, Russia you name it would have an open season. But in our much more fortunate reality the world stage considers Canada and the USA one in the same, we tend to go to the same places and fight the same battles, so in effect Canadas military strength is far larger than it really is.

Just had to say it, we are all very fortunate to have one another. This could be like 15th century europe, everybody invading eachother for dumb reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to discredit England, England would help for sure. But the logistics of our alliance and the distance between our nations make it harder, and make the alliance more vulnerable.
                    I actually don't see this much of this. I guess I get a general feeling that we think your healthcare and government are better but our military is a little stronger, but nobody really talks about it much. (Exception several friends who say regularly when the government makes an ass of itself, "How much does it cost to immigrate to Canada?)

What am I thinking about?

Took my daughter to Adventureland yesterday. She went on everything up to the log ride and loved it. I was really hesitate to take her on the log ride. We got some pretty nasty looks/comments, but she didn't even flinch when we went down the drop. We also have a ride called the sawmill splash. It's basically a huge ass slide you go down in a raft type thing. She slept through it the first time. It's a really long line and she fell asleep about three spots from the front. I wasn't hopping out of line. She never woke up on the ride. Got splashed and everything, didn't twitch. Tilt-a-whirl didn't phase her. In fact the only ride she got upset on was the derflinger which goes in big circle and up and down a little and she got more upset on that because I had to pull her up a little when she was slouching and she didn't want to sit up.

Also, I miss one day on here and the world explodes. Dang, what was going on yesterday?
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I can see your reasoning, ThorSon, but he was a gift and I loved the little guy. He was about as poisonous as a bee and he never stung me. I miss the pittar patter of his little legs as he marched around to chomp on fruit flies and crickets in his little buorbon jam jar. I named him Buorbon after his jar. He was just a little guy, about the length of a thumb nail and the width of several toothpicks, but I grew attached to him. Thanks for your condolences Rae'ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                        When your girlfriend gets into a fist fight at a concert does it say you should run or does this mean you should marry her? I'm not sure.
                        Nothing wrong with a strong woman that can take care of herself.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                          I guess I get a general feeling that we think your healthcare and government are better but our military is a little stronger.
                          Our military is not a little stronger. That's like saying Shaq is a little bigger than Nate Robinson. No, that is an incorrect thing to say. Nate Robinson, a basketball player, is normal people size. Shaq is frikken Shaq, he is only a little bit bigger when put on a scale that includes things that are not basketball players.

Compared to an elephant and a blue whale, yes Shaq is not that much bigger than Nate... In terms of modern militaries, Canada is no where near the US's weight class.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            Our military is not a little stronger. That's like saying Shaq is a little bigger than Nate Robinson. No, that is an incorrect thing to say. Nate Robinson, a basketball player, is normal people size. Shaq is frikken Shaq, he is only a little bit bigger when put on a scale that includes things that are not basketball players.

Compared to an elephant and a blue whale, yes Shaq is not that much bigger than Nate... In terms of modern militaries, Canada is no where near the US's weight class.
                            Yeah you're military dwarfs ours. Budget wise, size wise, everything wise. But we have different international loads to bear, so the states needs this size, since it's kind of the worlds police force now. Somebody has an issue, they call the US.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

That someone is very close to finding their way squarely under my microscope. It would be advisable not to manage this feat.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have a thousand ways to make millions of dollars, but no money to implement or protect them. The system is designed to make it impossible to succeed without having already succeeded. Stupid humans.

Comment

Working...
                                X