X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    What colour? Pics!!! My hair needs doing deeeesperately. So much regrowth
    Black with dark purple at the front. I'll post a pic as soon as it's finished...

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    You're obviously subject to multiple personality disorder.

Relax. You'll get used to it, sooner or later, or you'll end up in an institution.

Both have something to recommend for themselve.
    *sigh* 'Twas inevitable, I suppose...if only Mother would have recognised the early symptoms... hnoes:

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
      Who are these people that go to Chinese restaurants and order the burger or the nachos. Wha... Why? I could understand somewhat that if it was some sort of chop suey or sweet and sour burger... but it's just a burger. Maybe they buy it so that they can scoop some kung pao chicken onto it?

The only situations I can imagine that someone would order just a burger is that they walk in the door and decide that they are not in the mood for Chinese and just can't be bothered to go somewhere else, or maybe they are just really hungry for burgers but wanted to see tacky paper dragons and get a free fortune cookie.
      People who order the steak in indian restaurants piss me off to no end. Whats the point? Plus, curry is better than steak.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So through the latter part of my childhood my shoulders always got tingly and uncomfortable when I exercised and no one could tell me why. Apparently this falls into angina pectoris which may be a symptom of cardiovascular disease. It hasn't happened in years but it is slightly concerning.

Some people genuinely think Obama is a Muslum and because of this is supporting Islamic fundamentalists and this bothers me greatly for a number of reasons. On a related note I recently learned someone leans much farther right than I thought, and might be a bit whackier too. She thinks antibiotics have made viruses more resilient (which they have because people stop taking them and they develop resistance) but that this has lead to dead virus in vaccines being capable of spontaneously returning to life and making the person contract the sickness and then be capable of spreading it. A lot of things people say lately have me thinking " you know that doesn't sound quite right"

She also gave me the homosexuality is wrong speech (though seems to think I'm bi for some reason?) with the stipulation that Christians should be tolerant because tolerance and acceptance are not the same thing. Which actually sounds pretty progressive, though it had that undertone of scorn. Either way, she's not overtly hostile and she invites me to BBQs and has me babysit her kids so... plus I borrow her books. Meh.

Oh I almost forgot that Obama somehow pushing Islamic ideals in the U.S. while championing the fight for marriage equality, which is causing 'massive civil unrest'.

OH and all religions are essentially monotheistic because they all have a leader god that's more important than all others, this god is almost always male, and his son gets into some shit, so all religions are basically Christianity. Though, in her defense she did say Christianity might not be the one true path. I mean it's certainly skewed with a christian lens but it's not a terrible way to view other religions. The justification being that after Babel fell and language was divided the stories people had were scrambled from being translated and over time have altered into different religions. It's interesting but I'm afraid to argue with some inaccuracies or logical failures she has.
        Last edited by Corvus; 17 Jul 2014, 00:12.
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
          Who are these people that go to Chinese restaurants and order the burger or the nachos. Wha... Why? I could understand somewhat that if it was some sort of chop suey or sweet and sour burger... but it's just a burger. Maybe they buy it so that they can scoop some kung pao chicken onto it?

The only situations I can imagine that someone would order just a burger is that they walk in the door and decide that they are not in the mood for Chinese and just can't be bothered to go somewhere else, or maybe they are just really hungry for burgers but wanted to see tacky paper dragons and get a free fortune cookie.
          the only person I know who does this, is my dad, who just doesn't like Chinese food. So, when he is dragged to a Chinese food restaurant, he orders a burger, rather than complain about the choice of venue.
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

People who order the steak in indian restaurants piss me off to no end. Whats the point? Plus, curry is better than steak.
            Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
            the only person I know who does this, is my dad, who just doesn't like Chinese food. So, when he is dragged to a Chinese food restaurant, he orders a burger, rather than complain about the choice of venue.
            TS got it. I know folks that don't like ethnic food, but sometimes that's where we go to eat cause they know I love it and they'll eat that one non ethnic thing on the menu.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

First job interview: Failed

Money's low and I'm getting worried.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                TS got it. I know folks that don't like ethnic food, but sometimes that's where we go to eat cause they know I love it and they'll eat that one non ethnic thing on the menu.
                I have food allergies, so I'm not even eating the burger in most ethnic foods. I'm slowly getting drunk because drinks are the only thing that don't risk contamination. The reason I bothered to respond to this is that I want to judge people who order western food at international restaurants, but I can't. I get the same dirty looks from other diners and servers for not ordering the food. People just assume that I'm refusing to eat it because I don't like it and they give me pretty ugly looks because of it. Kinda hurts. I wouldn't bother at all, but if it's a good friend's birthday and their favourite restaurant is Indian, I don't want to miss it. I imagine it's the same for people who just don't like Indian (or whatever).

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                First job interview: Failed

Money's low and I'm getting worried.

Did you have to do it in French?

Comment

For those of us that can't tolerate Indian food, but would still like to give our companions the option, steak is my food of choice. Just saying. Honestly, I'd rather not go in the first place, but if it helps me get laid...

Comment

Whether or not to go out to the shops. I really want juice and we need bread, but it's so hot out there!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

Did you have to do it in French?
                      Yep, I'm in France after all :P

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                        She thinks antibiotics have made viruses more resilient (which they have because people stop taking them and they develop resistance) but that this has lead to dead virus in vaccines being capable of spontaneously returning to life and making the person contract the sickness and then be capable of spreading it. A lot of things people say lately have me thinking " you know that doesn't sound quite right"
                        And they should!

There were so many things wrong in just this statement, it would take more of my time than I have (it be lunch) to point out them all.

When things like this happen, it reminds me that a little bit of information held by someone lacking the capacity or inclination to understand it is an infinately dangerous thing. (I'm not saying she's dumb, but rather that without the proper background knowledge or context to understand something...lets just say Jenny McCarthy and autism)

Science education FTW!

ETA: this is actually a pretty good site for vaccine info (pros and cons of different methodology, etc)
                        Last edited by thalassa; 17 Jul 2014, 09:02.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Ever read something that is so hinky but written in a way that makes it nigh impossible to critique?

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            Ever read something that is so hinky but written in a way that makes it nigh impossible to critique?

http://scarletimprint.com/2014/06/rewilding-witchcraft/
                            Being a SB'er at heart instead of an ecologist, biologist, conservationist or host of other things more versed in this topic, my answer is simple

CITATION NEEDED!!!

credible and proper citations, not unquoted references to books that I have to hunt down and pray are better cited or links to sites that the author may or may not agree with.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I need a way to stay awake overnight and then be alert enough to stay awake till the next night so I can get a good rest. Any ideas? Absolutely no harmful drugs though, preferable natural stuff or minor OTC stuff with no bad side effects. I can't pull an all nighter for the life of me, if I do I'm dead useless.
                              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                                I need a way to stay awake overnight and then be alert enough to stay awake till the next night so I can get a good rest. Any ideas? Absolutely no harmful drugs though, preferable natural stuff or minor OTC stuff with no bad side effects. I can't pull an all nighter for the life of me, if I do I'm dead useless.
                                I work Grave shifts so frequently have to stay awake when my body would 100% rather be sleeping.

What works for me? Hold off on caffienne until you don't have an option...that'll maximize it's impact on your body. Sugar is the same way (stay away from chips and things during the time when you're awake awake...fruit and things like that are ok, but refined sugar will bring a crash)...you don't want to start in too early or you'll crash (probably hard).

Another thing that helps (me) is if you can get a little sleep - say, 2 hours - at some point, that can give you a decent refresher for awhile.

If you need to be driving while you're tired (not recommended of course), turn on your AC, take off your shoes, and blow the AC on your feet. The cold (esp on your feet) will help keep you awake.

You could also try meth.

Comment

Working...
                                X