This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Found a job for two weeks! Those 500€ are going to be sooo useful!

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Complete religious texts are really big. This becomes abundantly clear if you're someone like me who enjoys physical copies of things. Thankfully modern printing techniques make these books relatively cheap. I have like $150 worth of gift cards to Barnes and Noble I've accrued over the past few years and since my college costs appear to be totally covered this semester with my financial aide and loans... I *may* be increasing my collection. I'm considering the Zohar, The Vedas, and the Quran but I'm not sure. Torey's Satanist thread has made me want to read the Zohar and I've only read excerpts from the other two. Of course I might just toss that idea and pick up some fantasy novels. Too much to read, not enough money or time.
      Circe

Comment

I get about 100-200 in b&n gift cards every year between my bday and christmas cause that's all I ask for. And its almost always instantly gone.

Ugh. Just ugh. Imma go to bed now
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

It's only Thursday. Damn.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I am thinking that humans just can't keep from killing each other,rational thought would suggest that we should stop doing this,but it seems rational thought is in short demand...That is all.....
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Figured out a member of my family was using all my photos on facebook, without my permission. Fixed that.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              I am thinking that humans just can't keep from killing each other,rational thought would suggest that we should stop doing this,but it seems rational thought is in short demand...That is all.....
              The issue is it's a terrible cycle. For instance, if I came home one day and that Kim Jung Un fellow was in my house, I can think of a million ways I'd kill that genocidal maniac. Same goes for any terrible terrorist, or any person who hurts children, abuses women. I can't stand it, and I'd probably hurt them. So because so many people are inherently bad and hurt/harm people, it means the people of more decent moral concious then want to kill/harm the bad people. So we need to kill/hurt the killers to get our satisfaction, otherways they'd get off too easy for us. Thats my take anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

What I just said might make no sense but I hope you get what I mean.
              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
              sigpic
              In Days of yore,
              From Britain's shore
              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
              And planted firm Britannia's flag
              On Canada's fair domain.
              Here may it wave,
              Our boast, our pride
              And joined in love together,
              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Just got back from having a tooth yanked.

A bit sore...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Doc,my statement was more about war and such. Individual killing when you find someone doing BAD stuff is understandable,I just hate the mass carnage of senseless wars.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Whether or not it's okay to put a dear friend on 'ignore' on Facebook for two months until the Scottish referendum is over, because I'm utterly sick and tired of the things she's posting...

Comment

Thinking about how much I miss my grandmother today. Some days are just tough. She raised me and everything that I am today, I am because of her. Really wish she was here.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                        Thinking about how much I miss my grandmother today. Some days are just tough. She raised me and everything that I am today, I am because of her. Really wish she was here.
                        <3

I'm thinking that my whole operation was a lot of fuss over not much. Yes my cyst on my face needed to come off. But I was under the impression that there was going to be a general anasthetic and be knocked out for a few hours, etc, etc. But I just took a day off work, and travelled 3 hours (one way) for a 20 min operation, and a local anasthetic.

Thats not even exciting.

And to top it off, he's telling me I have to go back in a month for post op and pathology, at 9am, on a work day. And I have an appointment the following week too, and these all mean a day off work and 6 hours round trip.

Maybe this should've gone in rants.

I got a nice walk back into town though.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                          <3

I'm thinking that my whole operation was a lot of fuss over not much. Yes my cyst on my face needed to come off. But I was under the impression that there was going to be a general anasthetic and be knocked out for a few hours, etc, etc. But I just took a day off work, and travelled 3 hours (one way) for a 20 min operation, and a local anasthetic.

Thats not even exciting.

And to top it off, he's telling me I have to go back in a month for post op and pathology, at 9am, on a work day. And I have an appointment the following week too, and these all mean a day off work and 6 hours round trip.

Maybe this should've gone in rants.

I got a nice walk back into town though.
                          Glad it went well! Sounds like a pain having to take all that time off and travel - but it'll all be over soon enough. And then your next trip will be down here so we can meet up and get sloshed...

Comment

Is sloshed a version of drunk?
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I went to the DIY store today to see if they had any potted pines... and now I really want a real garden. Too bad apartments aren't particularly accommodating for those kinds of projects. I'm going to bring my horticulture-trained sibling with me when I go next time so I can figure out what I can reasonably keep alive in an apartment.

Also, my husband has decided he needs a bonsai in our living room. That will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                                Is sloshed a version of drunk?
                                Yup, yup. Knockered, sloshed, soused, crocked, potted, plastered, bashed, smashed, stewed, tight, totaled, wasted and three sheets in/to the wind. Inebriated.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                                X