This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Yes! lol "Pissed" is the usual term Down Under - but I still can't quite get used to that

Comment

People record themselves doing weird shit.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
        People record themselves doing weird shit.
        Not sure if I should admit to watching the whole video.

Something resembling stupefied, mixed with smiles and nausea, turned to laughter at the end. I really don't think she was aiming for that.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Trying to get everything to stop spinning so fast.. I need a vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
            Yes! lol "Pissed" is the usual term Down Under - but I still can't quite get used to that
            I'm just as happy with you not using that one for drunk. I generally use it and hear it used to mean annoyed or angry so I'm all for skipping out on translation issues.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It's hot. It was 106 today. Tomorrow it will be 96.
              I hate July/August of Southern California.
              That is all.

I'm totally not cut out for Hell. :=L:
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Glad it went well! Sounds like a pain having to take all that time off and travel - but it'll all be over soon enough. And then your next trip will be down here so we can meet up and get sloshed...
                You have no idea how excited I am for this haha. I'm actually coming down with dad for the footy on the 9th, but I'm not seeing an opportunity through the father daughter time.

Pissed is a favourite of mine. We use if for pissed off too, but usually you put the 'off' in there to differentiate. I also like smashed. A recently used one is white-girl-wasted.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  It's hot. It was 106 today. Tomorrow it will be 96.
                  I hate July/August of Southern California.
                  That is all.

I'm totally not cut out for Hell. :=L:
                  Swapsies? 15C atm. Too cold for me.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

There is no antiseptic in the house. There is no antibiotic in the house. We have soap and salt (Epsom salts and table salt).
                    I mean it works but I'd like at least some alcohol. Considering my step mom is a nurse, you'd think..
                    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                      There is no antiseptic in the house. There is no antibiotic in the house. We have soap and salt (Epsom salts and table salt).
                      I mean it works but I'd like at least some alcohol. Considering my step mom is a nurse, you'd think..
                      Whatd you do?

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                        You have no idea how excited I am for this haha. I'm actually coming down with dad for the footy on the 9th, but I'm not seeing an opportunity through the father daughter time.
                        lol Yeah well, I'll let you get away with it this time...

Comment

lol Yeah well, I'll let you get away with it this time...
                          Good boy!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                            Hydrogen peroxide?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

Hydrogen peroxide?
                              Turns out that's the stuff I use to clean my contact lenses...

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                                Turns out that's the stuff I use to clean my contact lenses...
                                I've run into a series of people that have used it to clean open wounds, like cuts or scrapes. I guess the idea was that as long as the stuff is bubbling, it's "eating" up any infection in the wound. I used to use a gallon can of carb/parts cleaner, to perform the same function.

Something like this:
                                0996.jpg

Remove the parts basket and soak the hand with the wound on it, in the solvent, until the stinging quits (just a few seconds, maybe up to near half a minute). At which time, take the hand out, wipe it with a clean dry cloth and either bandage, typically with a small portion of paper towel-type shop cloth and electrical tape, or just continue with the activity, prior to chipping the bark off one's hand. Pain-free and ready to rock!

Not for use with larger wounds, such as those that may require stitches. The excessive blood may interfere with the solvent's normal job of cleaning small metal parts.

Keep it out of your eyes! And don't soak too much or too often. The chemicals can irritate the skin almost as much as they irritate bacteria. Other than that, it's the best I've found for pain management, on incidental scrapes, broken skin, knuckle-busters, with the added bonus of "cleaning" the wound, via chemical bath, of foreign invaders.

NOTE: It PROBABLY would never be 'doctor recommended', so it solely depends on which science a person wants to run with.

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X