This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my hair cut today and I lurve it.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
      Oh my thats a little heavy on the social justice side isn't it? My god it has to do with man kinds baser instincts and fascination. Two things that sell, the beginning of life (Baby shows, birth shows, motherhood shows.) And the end of life (Crime dramas, murder drama, stupid death shows, plane accident shows.) It's just the way we work. I'm glad you're advanced but it's just a part of society and in my opinion humanity, doesn't mean murder isn't bad and birth isn't beautiful.

I call the real crime shows (cold case or forensic files, not like CSI and all those spinoffs) How-To's. And take notes.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        I've had a shitty day.
        Here. Have some of my fabulous potato salad I made. It finally turned out amazing!

*spoons you some
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post

I would be...

Yep, Tumblr and YouTube are good at that.

So let's make a Pagan Forum commune in the middle of the bush already, people.
          Come here!!
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm wondering why my yogurt had a vague aftertaste of cheap hotdogs... It's kind of gross.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

What I'm thinking about? How about what I'm *trying* to think about, instead.

I'm *trying* to think about where I stand in this current "relationship" I'm in. In the first place, it doesn't seem like a relationship, to me, at all. If it weren't for me having to leave my (monstrously over-sized) bedroom, I'd never see her. She sends TEXT messages to me, if she wants to say anything... once or thrice every few days, sometimes. She sleeps on the couch, in the living room, for pete's sake.

I don't get it. What, exactly, is going on? "I dunno." How come we can't talk about it? "I dunno." Well, what the hell? "I dunno."

Is this Limbo? Fear? What? "I dunno."

I just don't know, anymore. Nothing makes much sense, at this point.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                What I'm thinking about? How about what I'm *trying* to think about, instead.

I'm *trying* to think about where I stand in this current "relationship" I'm in. In the first place, it doesn't seem like a relationship, to me, at all. If it weren't for me having to leave my (monstrously over-sized) bedroom, I'd never see her. She sends TEXT messages to me, if she wants to say anything... once or thrice every few days, sometimes. She sleeps on the couch, in the living room, for pete's sake.

I don't get it. What, exactly, is going on? "I dunno." How come we can't talk about it? "I dunno." Well, what the hell? "I dunno."

Is this Limbo? Fear? What? "I dunno."

I just don't know, anymore. Nothing makes much sense, at this point.
                Sorry, that's pretty sucky overall. I'd def. want that cleared up if it was me.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Bank just went into the negative, what the hell.

- - - Updated - - -

I should elaborate that I'm pretty sure I've been scammed by some sort of British mafia or something. Unless I bought smokes and gunpowder in the UK.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

So much to do before next weekend for Pride. I'm actually going a bit crazy.

Mostly art.

Comment

I came online today and PF said I had a notification and then I guessed changed it's mind. It did the grey notification thing then there wasn't a pm or rep or anything.
                      Circe

Comment

I'm thinking I might actually have to start keeping my thoughts to myself.

Comment

Ah. I see.

Comment

My mom might be coming home from the hospital today.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Fire and sword
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Finally got a day off from work! :^^:

Wooooo!!! PARTY!!! *sleeps*

On a more serious note, thinking about how science and theology don't have to be at odds with each other. Science and theology are two sides of the same coin. Science is the observation of the physical nature of the world, theology is the observation of the spiritual nature of the world.

That's my own view anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X