This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Gone a week from work. Come back and the tellermate cash counter is broken. No one got change, so we were handing out dimes to everyone in lieu of quarters. And we had an entire mid shift missing and no one..not one single person bothered to notice or actually do anything about it.

Welcome back!:=I:
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This is what happens when "Mommy" takes some me time..kids go all nuts..
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Beavers are building a dam in the creek behind my house! So fun to watch.
        Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 09 Oct 2016, 12:04.

Comment

This is my Halloween event I'll be attending.

And I'm hoping to doll my hair up a bit in the style and I won't even be made to feel guilty because I'm actually Mexican and not appropriating. (this is sarcasm. Every year I get to hear about this nonsense. Doll your face up for the dead! Everyone has dead people!)

Anyways. Yeah. Food and festivals and the dead. My kind of party. And at the cemetery!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            This is my Halloween event I'll be attending.

And I'm hoping to doll my hair up a bit in the style and I won't even be made to feel guilty because I'm actually Mexican and not appropriating. (this is sarcasm. Every year I get to hear about this nonsense. Doll your face up for the dead! Everyone has dead people!)

Anyways. Yeah. Food and festivals and the dead. My kind of party. And at the cemetery!
            Looks cool Medusa! I'm getting to feeling better...thank goodness. Going out to Walmart today to get some stuff. Got some more books to study and need a backpack to carry them in when I go to the library.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I just need to stay off facebook for a while. People are really beginning to amaze me, and not in a good way.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I started reading a book about prehistoric mythology, which seemed interesting, until I started reading it. Instead of focusing on mythology, the author tries to explain, through Freudian logic such as penis envy and Oedipus complexes, how people developed from the dawn of time. Add some casual racism and sexism for icing on the cake, and it was a cringeworthy read.

Comment

I am seriously trying to understand just how the book you describe prehistoric mythology,I mean Penis envy and Oedipus complexes,how do those pertain to Myth and prehistory?

Could you name the book,so I might google it to understand how it even got published.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    I am seriously trying to understand just how the book you describe prehistoric mythology,I mean Penis envy and Oedipus complexes,how do those pertain to Myth and prehistory?

Could you name the book,so I might google it to understand how it even got published.
                    Primitive Mythology: The Masks of God by Joseph Campbell. Apparently he did this whole series on mythology, which I was looking forward to reading.

Comment

I had heard of this author,but had never read anything by him. I did download a PDF of this book,and I "Think" he is trying to explain myth and belief in gods and goddess' by the idea "Man" created the gods and goddess' from sexual imagery(I guess) Kind of like why we needed to create mythical creatures based on our "secret" thoughts about human reproduction in the sense we did with crop failure,where the failure was because we did not honor the gods properly. I kind of understand how he derived his beliefs,but am clueless about the need to couch these things in a Freudian construct.

- - - Updated - - -

I can not remember the term to describe the failed crop that is connected to the fact we pissed on a tree and angered the god(goddess) so our crop failed.

Cause and effect with only simple understanding. Like keeping a "Saints" preserved toe as a holy relic.

- - - Updated - - -

You might like Bulfinch's Mythology and The golden bough concerning mythology

- - - Updated - - -

You can I think download both from Gutenberg online.

here.

Gutenberg does out of copyright books,I think they may also do audio ones spoken by volunteers

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                        Primitive Mythology: The Masks of God by Joseph Campbell. Apparently he did this whole series on mythology, which I was looking forward to reading.
                        Yeah, you have to read him with historical context in mind. Also, knowing that he's not writing about actual myths, per se, but rather the ideas of mythology, specifically, the common origin of myth.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

That

Pez Owen was joyriding in a Cessna airplane when she spotted one down below. A landmark that big would show up on any flight chart — but it wasn't logged. Then she spotted more X's in the distance.

Is pretty cool.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Does anyone else think at length about things they want to post on PF when they finally have the time? In such vivid detail that you convince yourself you already posted, and the question never gets asked, or the anecdote is never shared? (Change in pronoun noticed, considered and staying as it is because it sounds more natural)

This isn't too unusual for me. I often think I've had a conversation that never actually happened because I'd imagined it so intensely. It's also why so many of my posts include lines like 'I don't know if I've said this before but...'. That usually means 'I remember writing about this but can't find the evidence'.

I suppose this means I'm too 'in my head'. In fact, last month I focused on my physical body and the lower chakras in an attempt to drop back into the physical. Looks like a month wasn't nearly enough for a dreamer like me.

You might say am I dreamer, am I the only one?
                            Last edited by Jembru; 11 Oct 2016, 17:12.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              Does anyone else think at length about things they want to post on PF when they finally have the time? In such vivid detail that you convince yourself you already posted, and the question never gets asked, or the anecdote is never shared? (Change in pronoun noticed, considered and staying as it is because it sounds more natural)

This isn't too unusual for me. I often think I've had a conversation that never actually happened because I'd imagined it so intensely. It's also why so many of my posts include lines like 'I don't know if I've said this before but...'. That usually means 'I remember writing about this but can't find the evidence'.

I suppose this means I'm too 'in my head'. In fact, last month I focused on my physical body and the lower chakras in an attempt to drop back into the physical. Looks like a month wasn't nearly enough for a dreamer like me.

You might say am I dreamer, am I the only one?
                              I've done it with PF, other forums and with email's. Written out a response in my head basically as I though about what I wanted to say and laid it out then was certain I had actually posted / written it. Was so certain many times I had gone looking for it and could swear it had to have been deleted as I was that certain I had in fact responded. Then of course there is the other extreme of that concept. The one where you actually do write it out, but then at the last minute it gets eaten and lost in the void. It's fresh in your head, you can see it almost word for word and know what was written and what each line responded to but it's all gone. Yet in your mind it's still there and lingers on even though it's gone and you know its gone.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

CLR
                                Clorox toilet bowl cleaner
                                Scrubbing bubbles
                                Clorox cleaning spray
                                small brush
                                gloves
                                gel beads air freshener bowls

My bathroom and I are going to get really up close and personal tomorrow.

Procrastination is the Devil.

Comment

Working...
                                X