No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    In what situations are you most likely to procrastinate?
    Doing my laundry. I wait to the last minute to do it and when I pretty much have nothing to wear.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Whenever it's something I don't feel like doing.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Pretty much all.
        Anything that requires me meeting deadline (While I was in school, homework and projects, now it's more social and self deadlines, thank goodness my work doesn't require much) and not money related (Rent is usually paid right on the 1st, I'll get a bill and it is paid within the next few days if not that day, etc).
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Just about anything I don't wanna do.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

right this second...

I just finished comparing my inventory to my average annual usage to last quarter's usage and this quarter's projected work to come up with an order to hand off to my supply person. Now its time to revise some training and finish an SOP.

I generally take a brain break every 45 minutes or so, otherwise I go home a zombie. I also switch my desk then (its a sit down/stand up desk) when I'm having an office day.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Homework and housecleaning. I always get them done on time, but I have a heck of a time getting started. Annnnnd...hello, people!
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

I procrastinate when a job requires stressing my back. I made a trip to the emergency room a few days ago for my back - spasms that made it hard to breathe. They wanted to check my heart but when I told them to examine my back they changed their tactics. OH boy! Muscle relaxers that don't work except to give me acid reflux and pain meds to stop up my bowels. Two days of that was too much! Having a wait of 2 weeks to see my regular doctor is not convenient! then I got in yesterday due to a cancellation and she told me not to use meds that don't work and gave me some stretches to work with until the spasms go away. She also told me that at my age it could take 8 weeks... She still doesn't know me very well. I give it a week, maybe two before I am back doing things again.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Socializing.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Have you ever been falsely accused? Describe
                    the situation and how you felt about it.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

When i was in the Army I got a new Private in my squad. It was my first week in a leadership position and I had no idea how to deal with people who were inept and stupid as this Private very much was. Anyways, I was attempting to teach her how to change a tire on our squad's vehicle. I kept trying to get her involved but she didn't do anything. And then she said, "She didn't feel like doing it". I about lost it. I pointed the tire iron at her and yelled, "What kind of fucking organization did you think you joined?" and a few other expletives. Anyways, next thing I know there is a whole report about me being sexist, abusive, threatening toward soldiers and a bunch of other things this girl had said that I most certainly did not do. An Equal Oppurtunity complaint was fild against me and I lost my leadership position and was put under somebody who had been in the Army for less than six months and whom I had to teach their job to. She was eventually chaptered out the Army for "Failuire to adapt".

Probably could have handled the situation better. I'm sure that's a common feeling among 21 year olds who suddenly find themselves in charge of five people and an idiot. But, I most definitely did not threaten her or say anything sexist.

I didn't feel good about it. I drank a lot more. Quit giving a shit about the military right about then. Looking back I probably could have found a better way to motivate that particular soldier without losing my cool but whatever.

Comment

When I was 14, I got an official letter in the mail saying I was the father of somebody's child. Impossible, considering I've never donated sperm nor had relations with a woman. Turns out it was somebody who had the same name as me, but even though I was already out at that time, my grandmother totally believed that I was the father. I was just bemused by the whole thing.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

A few times. But a few years back when I was first working at the tool place in the other location...
                          Well the pricing coordinator was having one of her period days. Like she has a medical condition. They get bad. And she gets evil. More evil than her usual intimidating evil self. She thought I was talking shit about her. She confronted me (in a way) and told me to stop talking behind her back. I said nicely that I was not and that she was feeling sick. I also told her that she knew me by now. I don't give a shit about people nor her. So I have no problem telling you something to your face. I've never been a bitch behind someone's back. I'm right there all up in your grill being a bitch. Spotlight, full make up, fans goings.

Comment

I have been accused of being a racist. My friend and I were joking around (she's black) and she said the word 'Nigga' and I said it as well. She basically told me not to say it that I was being a racist. I thought to myself, why can't I say that when she can? I don't like any references of the n-word, but we were joking around and I thought since she was jokingly using it, I could too. This is why I avoid using nicknames or references like that anymore. I feel that I will offend anyone.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              I have been accused of being a racist. My friend and I were joking around (she's black) and she said the word 'Nigga' and I said it as well. She basically told me not to say it that I was being a racist. I thought to myself, why can't I say that when she can? I don't like any references of the n-word, but we were joking around and I thought since she was jokingly using it, I could too. This is why I avoid using nicknames or references like that anymore. I feel that I will offend anyone.
                              I feel you on that. I'f I'm singing with a song (usually DMX) I just say 'my nickel'. It's s thing ever since I saw that Training Day meme:

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                                I got that lecture from a friend once, too. So I called her a Dago and dared her to say it back to me. We both laughed and it was all OK.

In college, I was at some dime store looking at the cheap, large-stone rings, and security came over and brought me into the back room because they thought I'd taken one and put it in my pocket. Of course I hadn't, but it skeered me!!
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X