No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's your motto?
    To keep silent.

Not always so great with the rest of that quote but I'm generally passable at keeping my secrets.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

What's your motto?
      "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - FDR
      Last edited by anubisa; 10 Jun 2016, 03:37.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

What's your motto?
        Time is an illusion lunch time doubly so- Ford Prefect Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.
        And If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals- Sirius Black

My signatures, words I live by I guess
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals- Sirius Black
          This is what I told my daughters - if you want to know what he is really like, watch how he treats (and tips) the waitress when she makes a mistake...

Also, as a teacher, I know that kids know that I won't and can't fight back. How do they act, with that knowledge? And their parents? (Yeah... I'm judging you, even as you speak)

And finally - the CEO may not know who the asshole is, but the secretaries do.
          Last edited by B. de Corbin; 10 Jun 2016, 16:43.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Very very good points, and something that I hope I can pass on. Being in the service industry, or teacher or retail I think gives you a perspective thats others don't have. I think it really teaches you how to treat others, in a way you can't get without working in those industries.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Yeah. I think anybody in any kind of service industry understands this - the same kind of people who abuse those who can't respond are the same kind of people who abuse puppies and kittens and children.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

OOOoh...decisions, decisions...

It used to be "all things in moderation, including moderation" but now I've come to the conclusion that "sola dosis facit venenum" is probably more accurate (the dose makes the poison) if you think about it. Because really, most things in moderation are fine, but sometimes very bad things in very small doses can be wonderful while very good things in large doses can be terrible--for all things there is usually a sweet spot of sorts.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

What's your motto?
                  One is about mistakes. If no one is dead and no money is missing, it's a wash and we move on.

My personal motto is 'don't eff with my happy'. I'm all good and all let all live and do whatever they want. You mess with my happy and it's a war.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What's your motto?
                    The only universal truth is that there is none.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Yes, and the only constant is change. My motto is that "I am". That is the only way to say that I place no limits on who or what I am or what I find possible at any given moment.
                      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

What aspect of yourself are you actually ok with staying and not improving on?

Comment

What aspect of yourself are you actually ok with staying and not improving on?
                          My very extreme Mellow,it really helps from time to time.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What, if any, clubs did you belong to as a child? And do you think they helped who you are later in life?

Comment

What, if any, clubs did you belong to as a child? And do you think they helped who you are later in life?
                              Only real one was in HS,ROTC. Learned a lot about many things..Like how not to get lost..called Orienteering(thats reading maps,using a lensatic compass(see pic))

Finding location by the sun,and using a military Map.

Best thiong I ever learned.

- - - Updated - - -

Also sharpshooting,got my sharpshooters medal.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I guess the Girl Scouts is a club. I feel it helped me become a better person and love the outdoors better. It also opened me up to people. I liked selling cookies. I was naturally shy so that helped me open up. It also help me explore different passions in life.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X