No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ(year of the $1 pickle!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    How do you feel about body hair?
    For what ever reason,I have very little body hair,not counting head and beard. My very own younger sister hated that I had(have) less hair on my arms than she does. Also pretty much no hair on my legs. Genetics I guess..Very little underarm hair as well. Perhaps I was one of those "Fairy" or "demon" baby substitutes.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

While watching the news, do you actually feel bad or just tune out?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Tune it out, some of its interesting though.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Never watch the news, I just read online. But they quite often leave me feeling sad.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm getting better these days. I watched the news for a solid 4 hours at work on Thursday night and while I was upset, it is the first time I've watched footage from these mass killings and didn't cry (technically, I didn't cry immediately over the gay bar shooting, but a few days afterwards I read the last text messages of some of the victims in The Metro on my way home from Newcastle, and cried for a while when I got home).

At one point news stories would play on my mind for days and I'd have nightmares. It really didn't help my anxiety at all. The news is getting more and more graphic and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I recently had to unfriend someone from fb because she shared a story about animal cruelty showing horrific images and I think I went into shock. I went pale and felt sick, my hands were tingling and I was crying uncontrollably. I was scared to even switch my phone on for an hour and I didn't know how I was going to be able to check fb because that image would keep popping up. I felt I had no choice but to just delete the girl. In hindsight, I should have tried to email her and tell her how I felt and ask her to take it down. I really wish that was what I'd done instead. It's a bit late for that now though I guess.

Maybe I'm too sensitive so shouldn't watch the news at all. The thing is, I feel that doing that is like being in denial about the suffering and cruelty faced by my fellow humans (and non-humans), and I don't want that either. I just want it all to stop, yet prayers are all I have and it's not enough.

Ooh, my heart rate is normal! Usually I can feel myself getting a bit anxious when I write stuff like this but I'm pretty calm.. just sad. I'm definitely getting better at this.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Body hair on me: I keep the hoohaa trimmed and the pits shaved (electric), stopped caring about the legs long ago (thanks swim team) but there's a point where it's gotta go (generally after a quarter inch)...the stray hair elsewhere, that's what they made tweezers and wax strips for...

On Hubby: He's fine, the perfect amount of dude body hair.

On others: Why would I care? I don't have to see it or sleep with it.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I get my news from social media. People on 4chan actually go out of their way to shock, and the effect wears off pretty quickly. I do get angry and frustrated, but that's more of a political thing. Weltschmerz rather than angst.
                Last edited by Denarius; 17 Jul 2016, 01:59.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

What living person on this planet would be your choice for president?
                  I'm not certain. I really haven't made up my mind yet who could be a good president. I would choose Ronald Reagan to take on another round. I find he did a great job as president.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have too much body hair, thank goodness. However, I do shave my legs every once in a while. I think shaving in a way makes us feel attractive, but it is very troublesome.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

It's kinda a funny thing. I stopped shaving my legs 10 years ago (and bear in mind, I have thick dark hair). I don't shave the hoohaa, I shave my armpits once every few weeks in the summer, and maybe twice in the winter, and I'm perfectly happy to still wear tank tops, shorts, dresses, bathing suits, etc.

But...I'm still self-conscious! When I lived in Vancouver, in the summer people used to walk by me and whisper things like "That's effing disgusting!", and it makes me feel like a terrible person. I'm SUPER self-conscious in a bathing suit, but I know of no way to get rid of the bikini line without seriously terribly rashes occurring. So I don't.

But yeah. Even after 10 years, I'm still self-conscious as hell about it. People are jerks.

On other people: I think armpit hair (on men or women) is super sexy. And I think shaving your bits is super weird - I like men and women, not prepubescent children. I don't really even get why the stigma to be hairless exists.

Butt hair and back hair kinda gross me out though, sorry dudes.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I'm SUPER self-conscious in a bathing suit, but I know of no way to get rid of the bikini line without seriously terribly rashes occurring. So I don't.
                      I use a men's electric razor and beard trimmer to shave when I do. Its the only thing that works for me that doesn't result in a rash or ingrown hairs (including waxing).
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

What is a food you eat even though it doesn't agree with you?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Anything with lots of lactose....cheesecake, ice cream, etc

(Yogurt and cheese are okay and I've learned to do cereal with almond-coconut milk (I still can't drink the crap...all of that fake milk stuff is crap), which manages to taste decent in my favorite cereal, which is raisin bran.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmm...probably a large oreo blizzard from Wendy's.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Can't think of a food, although I imagine meat might make me feel a bit off if I had it because I won't have the right gut bacteria. I guess that goes for switching to just about any diet you're not used to though.

Coffee messes me up. I get an upset stomach and palpitations from it yet never learn. I can stay off coffee for a day or two but as soon as I smell it I get a craving and have to make myself a cup.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Eggs. The only ways I'll touch them are well-done scrambled/omelette or very hard-boiled in egg salad or whatever, but even the, it's gotta be a small amount.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X