X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QDJ (The year of the chicken butt!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What do you wish you had done differently?
    When I dumped my ex while in Japan, I should never have taken him back. He gave up his flat and flew out to be with me. I took it as a beautiful romantic gesture and took him back. I know now that it was just a psychotic episode. I should have told him he's welcome to stay (he'd paid for the flight so what else could I have done?) but as a friend. Then he couldn't have hurt me and I wouldn't have left Japan. I wouldn't have rejected everything that made me 'me' because he had rejected me. I would have reached my goal of being fluent in Japanese years ago, instead of rejecting Japanese for 4 years and not taking my studies seriously again until meeting JP 6 years ago.

I hate that I'll never get to tell that guy how much he damaged me. The only good thing to come of all of this was meeting JP. He has made it so much easier to be content with the life I've been given.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Walked away from certain situations instead of trying to fix them.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Given up on my mother much sooner.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Made choices based on money rather than ethics.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
            All of them. Nothing has come easy.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could rewrite my entire twenties. I wish that instead of trying to work full-time and go to school full-time, I would have just picked my studies and lived more cheaply.

I wish I had never dated the first person I moved in with, because my depression after that breakup was the last straw on the camel's back, so to speak. I was kicked out of school 6 months later for continued poor academic standing.

I wish I hadn't spent the last seven years angry at myself for being a failure (I'm still angry).

I wish I got my degree when I was 21 like was the plan, and that I was working in my field, and that now, at 30, I wasn't making just above minimum wage and contemplating going back to school, after having been in school for six years of my life already.

I wish instead of moving to Yellowknife to be with Tim, I had stayed in Smithers and saved myself the last year and a half of heartbreak.

I wish I never went bankrupt. I wish I never knew starvation.

...but such is life.

Mostly art.

Comment

I wish I concentrated less on finding a guy in my 20s and more on friends, hobbies, and all the other great things that life has to offer. I spent so much energy worrying that I'd never find love that it sucked up a lot of my focus, even when I wasn't dating anyone. When I was seeing someone, I let myself get sucked into the rollercoaster of terrible short-term relationships and it left me with little else to offer. Now that I'm older and in a great, stable relationship, I see that it was all a huge waste of time and energy and I wish I'd given more of that focus to other things.

Then again, maybe I wouldn't be who I am now if I'd done things differently. Maybe I had to make those mistakes. I don't really know. I guess on the positive side, I'm getting married with the feeling that I'm missing absolutely nothing from my single life.

Comment

Nothing jumps out. I wish I had quit my old job sooner I guess. Lots of regrets no doubt but I choose to move on rather than dwell.on them. Such is life.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

It's the only thing I regret because everything else...well everyone is still alive. I still have time to make amends..oh who am I fooling? I don't care.

I wish I had found a way to keep my mother with me longer. I wish I had handled her mental illness differently. I will take that regret of not being a good enough daughter to my grave.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I wish I would have focused more on myself instead of trying to fit in back when I was in high school. Sometimes I wonder how my life would have turned out if I had applied myself instead of worrying about everyone else
                    "Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer,
                    The future's uncertain and the end is always near"

Comment

What’s the biggest lie you once believed was true?

Comment

If you go to university and do a degree in a pointless science like Zoology, there are definitely plenty of jobs for you that don't require self-funding or doing it on a voluntary basis with just a living allowance paid to you. Yup, if you're from a disadvantaged background, don't worry yourself about picking a degree that has an actual occupation at the end of it. No no.. you just follow your passion and study those lovely fluffy animals for 3 sodding years... your one and only student loan entitlement won't go to waste.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

That true love exists.
                          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                          Tribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I thought George Michael was straight when I was a teen.

Comment

That humans were mostly sane and that the bad side was mainly an anomaly,But I now believe that the GOOD side is the anomaly.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I agree with Jembru here. I think the biggest lie I thought was true was that once I got a degree I would immediately get a job. Heck no! I have a B.A. in Business Administration and once I got out in 2007 I had such a damn hard time finding a job. I eventually had to take temp jobs and get help from the SC employment bureau. Definitely don't believe that.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X