X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you look like right now?

Originally posted by Torey View Post
    lol I did Rae'ya's makeup for our wedding, too...
    He did an awesome job at it too...

Comment

Great dress too, Rae'ya!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Great dress too, Rae'ya!
        Thanks. Mum and I sewed it ourselves It has a full skirt worn over a hoop, with a luscious false bustle in the gold brocade at the back, but frustratingly, very few people took photos of the back of the dress! Even the professional photography only got a few of the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

Awesome dress, Rae'ya! Very beautiful!
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Wow this dress is beautiful
            They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
            Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
            -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Aww well now I have to show you guys the whole thing. Just because neither mum nor I will ever make anything more beautiful than this dress.

Comment

Aww well now I have to show you guys the whole thing. Just because neither mum nor I will ever make anything more beautiful than this dress.
                I wanna see it irl
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I LOVE your wedding dress! Did you make it? I think I recognize the pattern....

Edit: Should have read the rest of the posts first. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

When I used to sew a lot, I used to be able to do this to people. "Did you make that? That Simplicity pattern you're wearing is just lovely in person! Number 4587, right?"

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      When I used to sew a lot, I used to be able to do this to people. "Did you make that? That Simplicity pattern you're wearing is just lovely in person! Number 4587, right?"
                      It probably comes from spending wayyyy too long looking for the "perfect" patterns and getting distracted along the way.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting a haircut. I'm just playing around with ideas. (I'm holding my hair back in this to see what it would look like short on the sides) but I like having long hair. I want something with long and short so I'm thinking of just cutting the sides and part of the back
                        Spoiler!
                        They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                        Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                        -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                          I'm thinking of getting a haircut. I'm just playing around with ideas. (I'm holding my hair back in this to see what it would look like short on the sides) but I like having long hair. I want something with long and short so I'm thinking of just cutting the sides and part of the back
                          Spoiler!
                          Hrm I like but hard to compare cause I don't know the br for. Love the glasses though!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            I don't sew anywhere near as much as I used to (Torey and I don't own a sewing machine... all my sewing was done when I still lived at home, on mum's old Janome that was older than I was), but I still love going to fabric stores and looking through the big pattern books lol. This dress is a McCall's pattern. There was some handsewing involved, though not as much as there was on Torey's outfit. It's heavy black shantung silk with gold silk brocade... Torey's jacket was the black shuntung and his vest fronted in the brocade, with a genuine linen shirt.

We keep talking about getting a sewing machine, but we haven't gotten around to it yet. Mum recently bought new machines (a sewer and an overlocker) and offered for us to take the old machine. It's almost thirty years old, but it still works fine. She has an old broken antique Singer too... which we would love to restore. But Singer parts are ridiculously expensive.

Comment

She has an old broken antique Singer too... which we would love to restore. But Singer parts are ridiculously expensive.
                              Yeah, I know this! I love old sewing machines...

I have an Elias Howe 1867 treadle machine...I'd love to restore it to actually use it to make period clothing, and luckily it came with spare parts (and very very brittle instructions)...but I have to find a replacement for the wheel belt.

Also, I doubt my ability to food treadle and sew a straight line. But if there's ever a zombie apocalypse and we lose power, I can still look good.

And yeah, your dress effin rocks!
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                Yeah, I know this! I love old sewing machines...

I have an Elias Howe 1867 treadle machine...I'd love to restore it to actually use it to make period clothing, and luckily it came with spare parts (and very very brittle instructions)...but I have to find a replacement for the wheel belt.

Also, I doubt my ability to food treadle and sew a straight line. But if there's ever a zombie apocalypse and we lose power, I can still look good.

And yeah, your dress effin rocks!
                                Mum's is an old treadle machine, identical to this one. It is absolutely beautiful, but there are some parts missing, and then my charming biological father broke the treadle when he heaped all mum's furniture out on a pile and threatened to set it on fire.

I can handsew... so we'll still have clothes in the zombie apocalypse. We'll only have one outfit each, because it will take so damn long to MAKE clothes, but we'll have them. lol

And thanks

Ack. Off topic. I'm stopping now.

Comment

Working...
                                X