This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you LOL!

Haha, I didn't mean to upset you ladies, but this is just so damn funny.

[4:82]

Comment

I have taught my kitten to retrieve thrown toys. He is like a lab or golden retriever. He brings the toy back and I pet him and I toss it and he runs after it! I absolutely LOL !!! He is so smart !

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        Haha, I didn't mean to upset you ladies, but this is just so damn funny.

That's hilarious! I have a jar opener tool which I call the "SorryDaddy" because my father hated them. (He said they dent the lid and then the flavor escapes. Really, he just wanted to be the one to open the jar, LOL) So every time I use it I say "Sorry, Daddy".
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

he he he this one is funny, and totally and completely clean....... I swear......
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
            he he he this one is funny, and totally and completely clean....... I swear......
            pretty lol!
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

lololololol
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Oh! That was so funny Juniper! I don't EVER volunteer play that game.
                A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  lololololol
                  This was freakin amazing. Talk about serious gamers.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

lololololol
                    LOL. This reminds me of the time(s) when JP tried to explain to me how to play Yu-gi-oh. It's almost as pointlessly complicated and it makes you do maths. Stupidly complex maths like, multiplying the health by such and such, but reducing it by whatever, only if you have that card you get to add 1000, then you do that amount of damage only there's a card that reduces the damage by...

oh sod off! ^^
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Yugioh, pointlessly complicated???

I need to teach you Magic (old Magic if I'm feeling unpleasant). Yugioh is a highly streamlined system. LIFO/the Stack can be annoying as hell if the wrong cards are in play and Phasing is just trolltastic if you aren't ready for it (not that I've ever taken advantage of that in any way whatsoever.... really, would I lie about trolling in a strategy game?)
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

wait-Yugioh was a complicated game to learn?? Since when >_< It's all adding and subtracting numbers
                        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Yugioh, pointlessly complicated???

I need to teach you Magic (old Magic if I'm feeling unpleasant). Yugioh is a highly streamlined system. LIFO/the Stack can be annoying as hell if the wrong cards are in play and Phasing is just trolltastic if you aren't ready for it (not that I've ever taken advantage of that in any way whatsoever.... really, would I lie about trolling in a strategy game?)
                          Magic? That's one card game JP doesn't play actually. I can only handle pokemon. I'm not too bad at that, apparently. We were even talking about going to a tournament together sometime, although it never happened. JP is somewhat of a master when it comes to yugioh. He's part of an online community and is seemingly well thought of there. It is just too much for my mind to handle though. There is just so much information on each card and so many affects that can be active at any one time. I don't know how people ever remember it all. How am I meant to remember the details of 3 facedown trap cards, including when I can activate them? None of it makes any sense. I keep doing things only to have JP go all, 'aha, well that WOULD have worked, had it not been for my....blah blah blah..'

JP tried making me watch the anime, because he thought it would give me a better idea of the structure of the game, but it just made things even more confused. I mean, what's with the floating naked blue guy?
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Remembering the cards mostly comes with play and or deckbuilding. I wouldn't have used the anime for teaching because unless something changed, the anime card game uses slightly different rules (life totals and certain card effects iirc) but it's been uears since I played Yugioh or watched the show and it does convey some idea of what's going on.

Magic, I'm more familiar with but I only play casually and there are a lot who do better. Still I enjoy my blue/white troll (other people do Blue/White control, my decks generally manage troll and the control is a fun side effect) decks.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The first 20 seconds of this.

White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                              sigpic
                              In Days of yore,
                              From Britain's shore
                              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                              And planted firm Britannia's flag
                              On Canada's fair domain.
                              Here may it wave,
                              Our boast, our pride
                              And joined in love together,
                              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

haha doc :P
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment