This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you LOL!

^ poor kittys. Would it be wrong to want one and look for a cat that has myotonia congenita?

Comment

Oh Wales.

Mostly art.

Comment

NSFW, (silhouetted at least)

;D

Comment

Jon Stewart is a freaking genius.
          [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JnDY2Gv5YQ[/youtube]
          Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

[quote author=Shadow Dragon link=topic=13.msg16114#msg16114 date=1290453200]
            Jon Stewart is a freaking genius.

[/quote]

That is awesome.

I want to post it on Facebook, but I'd unfriend half my relatives overnight :P
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

so the Shadow Dragon's Jon Stewart video had me inspired to look up more funny Daily Show clips and I found this

(not suitable for work)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x4tAOnvAr4[/youtube]
              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

"Whatchu smokin' bro?" ....LOL

Mostly art.

Comment

I love the reaction from the cockroaches about the meteor hitting Earth. :P
                      Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

So...I'm writing a paper on the role of the MRF (Mobile Riverine Force) of the USN/USA during the Vietnam War...and I'm in the middle of reading a fairly interesting interview with a guy named Capt Robert Powers, who was an aide to Admiral Zumwalt...and came across a bit that is probably only interesting/humerous to me, myself and I...but I figured I'd share it anyhow.

Capt. Powers: Well, there were roads, but they tended to
                        run out short of where you wanted to go.

Q: I expect.

Capt. Powers: We can talk about that. Some of them were
                        very interesting roads.

Q: Were they covered by the enemy most of the time?

Capt. Powers: Well, some of them were and some weren't.
                        Some of them were passable by day and impassable by night
                        and tended to get trapped in different places. I used to
                        carry my second class yeoman along with me in my Bronco.
                        His name was Petty Officer Gist, and I used to take him and
                        dress him up in bandoliers and ammunition, pistols and rifles
                        and things. I said, "Gist, I don't care if you don't know
                        how to use any of that stuff; just sit over there next to
                        me and look mean."

from http://www.virtual.vietnam.ttu.edu/c...260104001a.pdf
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know, I find the image of a petty officer loaded down with weapons trying to look scary while thinking

"Please God, don't make me try and shoot one of these things!"

mildly entertaining. I might up it to deeply entertaining if the Petty Officer in question is built like Rambo and actually manages to look scary.

Heh, oh Heavens. Wikipedia lists yeomen as effectively secretaries. If the wiki is accurate then yes I'm entertained.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=13.msg17618#msg17618 date=1290817549]
                            Heh, oh Heavens. Wikipedia lists yeomen as effectively secretaries. If the wiki is accurate then yes I'm entertained.
                            [/quote]

YN's (yeoman) are pretty much secretaries for the officer corps. They do other stuff too...but yeah, mainly paper pushers.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I just discovered an empty bottle of milk of magnesia in the garbage...my roommate downed the half a bottle that was left before he went to pay bills thinking it was for heartburn. I'm nearly peeing with laughter right now.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Conversation w/an old friend I'm having.

Me: "Please tell me you're not still driving that Firebird..." (he had a ratty copper colored early 80's Pontiac Firebird back in the late 80's)

Him: "Hey, that Firebird would be worth a lot of money now!"

My husband, butting in ftw: "Only if it was the Matchbox".

Me: "Bwahahahahahahaaa!!!"
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X