My Epilepsy-free life has been blown out the window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Epilepsy-free life has been blown out the window

Well everyone, some of you may know that I have epilepsy. I have had it since I was born. A few weeks ago I had a set of seizures, well five to be exact. They were all grand mal seizures which are really bad. They can make you really lethargic and even lose track of time. Well my last seizure had been in 2017 then all of the sudden, a few weeks back, I was hit with five grand mal seizures. three were at home and there other two were on the way to the hospital. I found that I had fallen on the stairs at home and hurt my arm and ribs. What I thought had been a few hours was really a day when I woke up. Of course anyone who is an epileptic or knows anyone with epilepsy may know this feeling. I was entirely confused. When I left the hospital my nephew came and went with us to a restaurant called Eat N' Park. You may have heard of that. Anyway, I just sort of went through the motions. I didn't really do much except ate from the salad bar and had a milkshake. My mom and dad told me later on that he was scared for me.

It just sucks that after so long I won't able to do basic things that people can do. For example, those who have epilepsy can't drive for six months. So it won't be till March until I can drive again. I'm going to have to depend on my parents to go everywhere. Natural things which are rights to some people are privileges to those who have epilepsy. I just hope that my new medication setup and everything gets everything going right again.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Re: My Epilepsy-free life has been blown out the window

Sorry to hear that. I have pseudo seizures so can relate on many levels.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      Sorry to hear that. I have pseudo seizures so can relate on many levels.
      I'm so sorry that you have had seizures. My nephew's uncle just died due to a seizure. This is an uncle on his father's side. So he knows that he had an uncle with seizures and has an aunt with seizures. When he was about three years old he saw me have a seizure as well. It's just been a bad start to Fall for us.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Good to hear you're okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythm View Post
          Good to hear you're okay.
          Thanks Rhythm. Even though I hate that I can't do certain things now, I'm still glad that I'm okay.
          Anubisa

Comment

Working...
          X