"Bad eyes" and other shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Bad eyes" and other shenanigans

Hello all,it's been a rocky road to recommence my spiritual journey as I intended... The Universe trust it upon me that I won't just get there with good intentions and a prayer.My new work place happened to have a couple of Muslim women who - for reasons I can understand - disliked me. I understand why they disliked me. What I don't understand is their behavior as a result. They kept whispering things in the way one does curses and speaking to one another about bad eyes and the like.They stopped for a while when I acted the way they wanted me to - to a limit, I'm not going back to being a pleaser, I am just not cut out to be a loner as much as I would like to given the morals of some folks - but recently restarted. Since a couple of days. At one point I shouted "as a joke": guys, stop talking like that or I'll throw holy water at you! That seemed to make them chill but ugh. I started putting up and strengthening a shield with the help of my new spiritual coach. but my "force" is still recovering from quite a bit of re-traumatization that took place in the past years.Bah. I'm going to see where I can find the bracelet my high school bestie gifted me with all sorts of beads with a bad eye on them for protection...I'm cleansing and what have you.I don't know what else to do. Attack back? Some people are animals in the sense they only stop acting like jerks when they feel a stick that hurts, but I hate that.Grrrr why can't they fucking take a break. Find a life etc.
    Last edited by kazumi; 09 Dec 2023, 03:20.

Re: "Bad eyes" and other shenanigans

Woah. I don't know why my formatting is so off in that message. Sorry!EDIT: I tried to fix it to no avail. I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by kazumi; 09 Dec 2023, 03:21.

Comment

Your formatting is legible enough. At least on the theme I'm using. I just don't really have a good idea for you in this case. I don't know the people or the workplace well enough.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Your formatting is legible enough. At least on the theme I'm using. I just don't really have a good idea for you in this case. I don't know the people or the workplace well enough.
        Fair enough! Thank you tons for thinking along and replying regardless

Comment

Working...
        X