New and have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and have a question

I am new to the group. I was a cradle Catholic, but my heart was never in it. I have always been drawn to Wicca, always believing more towards deities vs one deity. My first husband and I were closet pagans, I guess would be the best way to put it. When we divorced, I was forced back towards Catholicism by my family. I finally got the courage up to leave the Catholic faith a couple of years ago for good. So, I have been trying to get more fully educated on Paganism and Wicca. That is when I stumbled across this forum and decided to learn from discussions and figure out why I have always felt this connection. I have not ever felt as free or excited to finally be able to start this path of discovery!

That brings me to a question and I am not sure if this is where to post of if anyone can give me guidance. Until about 10 or so years ago, I always felt like I could feel spiritual presences. Like a tingle that I couldn't place, a faint conversation when no one was around, and sometimes seeing the random form of people, mostly out of the corner of my eye, but there has always been activity around me....until my family forced me back towards Catholicism. Then, my oldest daughter, at a young age was also noticing similar things, but feeling scared to nurture what may be ability vs imagination due to the level of detail she would give me (like how people died and where blood was and what they were wearing), I dismissed these things. For a small bit of detail for context, I have two older children who are adults now, and two children that are now 11 and 13. My 13 year old, it is just a random thing here and there that she will see, but it is my 11 year old that I am concerned about. In certain places, whether it is home or outside of our home, he sometimes gets the feeling that he is being watched and sees spirits, and, like his older sister, knows how they died and sees blood on them, unless they are just shadows, and can give the most minute detail on what they are wearing. My concern is that I don't know how to handle this. He is terrified to sleep because he has the most vivid nightmares and these interaction with spirits. Can anyone give me guidance on how to help him cope?

Re: New and have a question

There are historically charms and talismans meant to ward sleep and to a degree people can make talismans of their own on little more than belief. How effective a talisman would be in your family's case is liable to be dependent on multiple issues. I don't really have a specific talisman that I'd point to either since most of my sleep related issues have nothing to do with nightmares.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello kbsweet. Welcome and nice to meet you. Maybe I can help a bit here and two ways come to mind. I too am new to this site and glad to have connections and discussion. Your children must feel quite disturbed by what they are sensing and need spiritual protection. You appear to have quite incredible gifts but those who have passed will bother you when you are open to their presence. I relate to what you are saying. I was born knowing I am pagan and remember past lives; one as a witch in Totnes. As a child I knew how to cast spells and felt that I could do as I pleased as long as I did no harm. I was terrified of the dark and rarely slept through the night. I quickly learned to keep quiet about how I was. As a very small child when i was playing with my older brother I ran into the next room. He asked why I had done this and I told him I heard someone call my name. He told me that little girls who hear their names called when no one was there were a bit crazy. My family were not particularly religious and seemed either afraid of the supernatural or denied it. If my classmates lost anything valuable to them, i could usually just think about it and know where it was. I had dreams of future events in my life.
      I had an ability that when a child was murdered I knew where their body was and sometimes they came to me. One day in a time of crisis I phoned a psychic line and was fortunate enough to find a talented medium who told me right away that I was highly sensitive and could learn how to use what I had and control what I sensed. She advised that I contact the spritualist church and I had a lot of help from them in developing mediumship and protecting myself by closing down chakras. Spiritualists believe we have guides who act as guardians and I was taught how to contact mine. I often could help people who wanted to know if loved ones in spirit were alright or give proof that they were still alive but gone from the earth plane. Maybe a psychic circle would help you and your children with meditation and controlling what comes through. As you were brought up catholic I would suggest asking your guardian angels to help and protect you from unwanted intrusion. Before I got help I did have some frightening experiences but now every day I ask my angel to take care of me and guides for advice. I would suggest that you go with your son into his room with a white candle, take this to each corner and ask for blessing and protection of angels, imagine surrounding the room and your home with a blue light moving in a clockwise direction, keeping out spirit contact until you want it. I have found all of this helpful in the past. I do sometimes hear strange noises in my bedroom and ask the spirit what they want and to go into the light or tell them to go away if I cannot help. It can still be scary but its just another dimension some of us are aware of. Once a neighbour who did house clearances gave me a box of stationery. That night, a man came through the wall into my bedroom and demanded to know what I was doing with his stuff! When I explained that I had been given his things and did he want them to go elsewhere, he was happy and went away. It turned out that he had died and the stationery was from his office. Finally, I would say that breathing, meditation and keeping calm, not to get afraid (easier said than done). There are entities that feed off fear but mostly there really is nothing to fear, these are people wanting help. At the moment, many people are being killed in a violent way and may not even know they have died, so come to those who are aware of them. You can ask for guides to take them into the light. None of this is in your or your childrens imagination but psychics are often highly imaginative and easily visualise. You all have amazing gifts that you can learn how to use in a positive and helpful way. Thoughts and prayers are powerful. I hope you can investigate and find a way to use what you all have to give reassurance and healing as well as controlling when you have contacts. Talismans as mentioned in the previous post from Masked One can help. I used crystals hung in our windows as a barrier to our home. My husband and myself are both very aware of nature spirits wandering in if the crystal in our living room window is not centrally placed. They are harmless but we like a peaceful home! I am sending you all peace and asking for help to come your way.

Comment

One of the easiest things I have found to be effective when a child has been having dreams like this, is to place basil under their bed. Basil, while a simple cooking herb, is great at keeping unwanted spirits at bay. For day time protection, you could get him a tiger's eye necklace. It's well known for protecting children specifically. But none of this fully solves the issue....that would involve a chat with your son about his abilities and maybe teaching him shielding so that he can learn to protect himself and be more in control of what he let's through into him mind.

Comment

Working...
        X