Taking suggestions for sub-forum reorganization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taking suggestions for sub-forum reorganization

Exactly. But the mods usually provide that when needed too. Which is usually more pertinant to the specific situation too....
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Perhaps Hermeticism.

Comment

Tinkering has commenced.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Tinkering has commenced.
          i've noticed...most impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            i've noticed...most impressive

Thanks!

We won't put out an official notice til its mostly done, which will likely be over the weekend into next week.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

I guess I should look around huh?
              Anywho. The bottom of a thread has bookmark links. Does anyone still use that Diig thing? How about we update that to tumblr. And does the fb like button work?
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I guess I should look around huh?
                Anywho. The bottom of a thread has bookmark links. Does anyone still use that Diig thing? How about we update that to tumblr. And does the fb like button work?
                I don't know about the tumblr bit but the fb like button does indeed work.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'll check to see about adding tumblr and whether it's possible.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Um not about sub forums per say. But I notice a lot of 'sticky threads' that are sort of outdated. Like in the General section. Half the page is stickied. Just pointing it out. Cuz I'm bored.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Um not about sub forums per say. But I notice a lot of 'sticky threads' that are sort of outdated. Like in the General section. Half the page is stickied. Just pointing it out. Cuz I'm bored.
                      I unstickied a few of them. Thanks for the tip.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Boredom: a blessing in disguise. A welcome and unintended 'revelation playground'...

I should go eat something and/or attempt to occupy myself with something productive. Nah.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I would propose a crystal section. but there are far too few people willing to discuss it on other forums I was on. and I didn't see anything here on the subject. brought it up as I saw one member was into crystal healing.
                          Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

I like the new S.A.F.E zone... and I'm wondering if there is some way to link the Introductions board into that? Not necessarily as a sub-forum, but somehow...

Just seems to me that the Introductions board is the most important place to have the S.A.F.E zone proviso enforced, as it's the first place that new members are posting, and it's hard enough to take that first step without having fear of someone challenge you in your introductory post. You would think that being polite, welcoming and accommodating in Introductory threads goes without saying... but evidently not. Sometimes it's hard to bite your tongue, I know, that's why I generally avoid the Introductions board... so maybe seeing as we have set up this little S.A.F.E zone, we should extend it a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                              I like the new S.A.F.E zone... and I'm wondering if there is some way to link the Introductions board into that? Not necessarily as a sub-forum, but somehow...

Just seems to me that the Introductions board is the most important place to have the S.A.F.E zone proviso enforced, as it's the first place that new members are posting, and it's hard enough to take that first step without having fear of someone challenge you in your introductory post. You would think that being polite, welcoming and accommodating in Introductory threads goes without saying... but evidently not. Sometimes it's hard to bite your tongue, I know, that's why I generally avoid the Introductions board... so maybe seeing as we have set up this little S.A.F.E zone, we should extend it a bit?
                              Agree wholeheartedly with this. The intro forum us hardly the place to be suggesting that someone's pissing down someones neck, especially after just the one post...
                              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                              Tribe of my Tribe
                              Clan of my Clan
                              Kin of my Kin
                              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                                Agree wholeheartedly with this. The intro forum us hardly the place to be suggesting that someone's pissing down someones neck, especially after just the one post...
                                This was brought up in the mod section earlier tonight. I expect enhanced protections to be extended to the into section. The precise form of them is liable to be hammered out over the course of the day (I'm going back to sleep momentarily so and I have class in the morning, so don't expect anything from me for at least 8 hours.)
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X