THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I want to go pee less often.... No seriously, less often than every 2 hours would be awesome, I don't think this is going to get better till may... Poop
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      I want to go pee less often.... No seriously, less often than every 2 hours would be awesome, I don't think this is going to get better till may... Poop
      Coffee makes me poo.

Edit: I mean pee. Hehehe
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        I'm not barking, Gleb, but this is a standard problem with autism. Many autistic children don't get it - because they can't get it.
        Yep, he doesn't understand. He's extremely bright but his brain is wired differently.

Nonetheless... Gleb, I explained. Loudly.

Comment

Prepped a formal written complaint I'll be submitting to HR in a few days, after discussing it with my immediate managers, regarding another manager at my store.

I've never had to do this before, and I hate it. I hate having to do this when I took a bottom-rung job to get away from this kind of dramatic bs. When I gave up being a manager so I wouldn't have to. I hate being the one to come forward and create a legitimate paper trail, despite this person having done similar things consistently for the past 6 years in this place to the majority of the staff members and to customers. I hate that the district manager is aware, but nothing has ever been done about this. But I hate being the target of a shift leader more.

I hate being a scapegoat, I get it at home, and I've gotten in from family and ex-boyfriends for 20+ years of my life. This is the only way I know how to put a stop to this, is by fighting back and not shrugging it off as "unimportant." Because it is important. You don't just get to go around stepping on people your entire life. Especially when you contribute nothing to an organization but complaints, hostility, and micro-management that flies in the face of every protocol in the company.

Comment

I seem to have quite a few things to rant and rave about lately, so in a way this is going to be a few rants in a single post.

Oddly, one of my rants is about how I've been ranting much more than usual lately. Everything seems to irritate me and I've been on edge, be it work, talking to my parents, etc. Time of year? Maybe. Working 60+ hours a week at work for the past month? Most likely. Still, it bothers me that I'm bothered. If that makes sense. I'm afraid that I may go off on people that don't deserve it.

The destruction of the English language. I posted on Facebook earlier that I was going to have to call the police and report a murder and subsequent butchery. Of the English language. "Yoo, maaaaaan, dis be bein' da big boi, yo! Dis gots it ALL up in my biznazz, babee boi! Yo, ya feels me?" What the hell ... Why is such even remotely accepted as proper communication? I've gone so far to respond to someone who spoke to me in that manner with "I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're saying. Please go back to school and learn how to speak correctly, then we can try this conversation again."

Individuals that feel the need to argue with every single point that someone makes, regardless of the actual intent of the initial post. I don't know if it's the need to feel like the big man on campus by pointing out everyone else's "mistakes" in their beliefs, or something else more deeply seated.

Maybe I need to just settle in with this bottle of vodka, this jug of orange juice, and a good movie for the rest of the night.

Comment

^^^The murder of the English language! I agree. I get so annoyed at some things I hear, like "need gone" when someone has something for sale and they want it to sell quickly. Or "it needs fixed" when something needs TO BE fixed. Hmmmm....I guess they've finally answered Shakespeare's age-old question.......
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                Hmmmm....I guess they've finally answered Shakespeare's age-old question.......
                This made me think of a joke.

Rene Descartes walked into a tavern, and pulled up a stool at the bar. He sat quietly for a few moments before the bartender approached him and asked "Hey buddy, how about a drink?"

Now, Rene had decided just the day before that he was going to try to stop drinking, but was quite tempted. After a long pause, he shook his head and replied "No, I think not."

Then, he promptly disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                  This made me think of a joke.

Rene Descartes walked into a tavern, and pulled up a stool at the bar. He sat quietly for a few moments before the bartender approached him and asked "Hey buddy, how about a drink?"

Now, Rene had decided just the day before that he was going to try to stop drinking, but was quite tempted. After a long pause, he shook his head and replied "No, I think not."

Then, he promptly disappeared.
                  Fabulous! But, maybe he didn't really disappear. He just went outside to pet Schrodinger's cat. Or not.

Now for another rant - one of my friends went to Australia for the Melbourne Cup and I'm jealous! He gets to photograph all the cool stuff this year!!!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                    Coffee makes me poo.

Edit: I mean pee. Hehehe
                    Coffee also makes me poo. And it gives me migraines. Coffee is evil.

Mostly art.

Comment

Yup,coffee first thing in the morning,then the true dump of bliss...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

baaaddd cold. Work has been a write off for the past couple of days. I tried, but I'm dizzy...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          Prepped a formal written complaint I'll be submitting to HR in a few days, after discussing it with my immediate managers, regarding another manager at my store.
                          Legitimate paper trail started. No formal complaint yet because I wanted to discuss the details with the two local managers and the DM so the complaint is accurate. Probably soon. Either way, there's paperwork happening. Dropping off documentation tomorrow with more details, and... I guess we're moving forward.

Now I'm just po'ed because it's happening over one of my favorite times of year (lots of anniversaries and personal celebrations happen the last few weeks of October for me) and it takes me hours to decompress from it.

Comment

Long story short, my brother is still a moron.
                            Circe

Comment

I haven't fallen in a loooong time, but I did today. We took the dog out to our new property, & I heard her starting a ruckus w/the dogs that live in the place behind ours. The way they were carrying on, I thought Chelsie had jumped the fence.

I started to run & I tripped over a pipe sticking out of the ground, jammed my toe, scraped up my calf, and faceplanted. It was weird, too, because I saw the gravel rushing up to meet me. I kept trying to stop from landing on my hands. Of course, I landed on my hands. Then, as my brain was trying to stop my face from meeting gravel, my face said, "Hi gravel!!! I'm so happy to eat you!!!" Then I just relaxed & laid there for a few minutes, all chill, like, "Hey, gravel's not so bad, really, once you get to know it".

So yeah, my big toe is swollen, my calf is torn up, my hands are raw, and I've got a fat scraped lip. I'm also afraid to go take a shower because it's gonna hurt like a sumbitch.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post

Fabulous! But, maybe he didn't really disappear. He just went outside to pet Schrodinger's cat. Or not.

Now for another rant - one of my friends went to Australia for the Melbourne Cup and I'm jealous! He gets to photograph all the cool stuff this year!!!
                                Weee Melbourne Cup!!!
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment