Darren Wilson not indicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Darren Wilson not indicted

True enough,who wants to have to rebuild the whole system(Roads,bridges,food supplies moved through a system of transportation) not to mention making prices stay at a reasonable rate.

If you are old enough you remember the Gas shortage back in the 70's,that was not a lot of fun(Though I never did understand why that happened)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

^^^ It was because we (the USA) supplied Israel with nuclear weapons because Egypt & Syria took land from Israel during the "Six Day War." So OPEC did their embargo thing against us & some other supporters. (Israel/Egypt/Syria - as Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise" (snark) )

I was in high school, a year away from driving, so I remember it, but wasn't personally waiting on lines for gas.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

They don't respect the system because it's "broken", but the system is "broken" because they don't respect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          They don't respect the system because it's "broken", but the system is "broken" because they don't respect it.
          The system was broken before it wasn't respected. Well before. Like, about a century plus worth of being broken. Its never not been incredibly flawed and broken, and (IMO) anyone that doesn't understand that needs to take the time to read Winthrop Jordan.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Is there such a thing as a system created by humans which is not flawed and broken as soon as it had to be put out there to deal with the ugly face of reality?
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              Is there such a thing as a system created by humans which is not flawed and broken as soon as it had to be put out there to deal with the ugly face of reality?
              Nope, which is why we ought to recognize and openly acknowlege when and where it breaks down, and whom it breaks down for, and have a process in place to collect data so that it can be analyzed in order to take steps to mitigate the problem in a way that elimitates as much bias and corruption as possible. We should welcome criticism in an open society--especially if it makes us unconfortable, so that it can be addressed. Certainly, mistakes will be made, and certainly every error is not a sign of an egregious flaw, but when one looks at the numbers, as a nation we shouldn't ever be content with any civil system that is clearly rigged for one group of people over another...whether that be how plea bargains are offered, or who is allowed to get married.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Trying to digest your stuff Thal,BUT the falling snow outside my window has me mesmerized. Coming down pretty heavy right now....OH Shiny....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Curious.

Was the decision not to indict a miscarriage of justice, or was it actual justice?

(the former choice, without evidence, is foolish. The later, without evidence is slightly less foolish - because one is innocent until proven guilty in this country. At any rate, reviewing the same evidence that was presented to the Grand Jury BEFORE having an opinion, rather than jumping to an "obvious" conclusion based on what one has heard, seems like a wise course of action)
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Just because playing devil's advocate is fun...

Why? Why should someone show respect for a system that doesn't work for them, and hasn't worked for them practically ever in the history of this nation (except maybe for a couple of years in the the 60's)? Why should any one follow a system simply because it is there, that they perceive as bought and corrupt (which often is true), that they perceive as unduly biased against them, and that they perceive as routinely abusing and exceeding its authority (which is also often true)? Why should someone respect an authority that they percieve as having done nothing in their community (and isn't even part of their community--in this case, most of these officers live outside of Ferguson) to earn that respect? I mean...if we all respected the law because it was the law, women wouldn't vote, we'd still have slavery, and we'd all be Christian--I stopped believing in the Bible because it said so, long ago... If people don't think the law is there for them, and hasn't ever been there for them, they aren't going to respect it--its not a should/would/could situation, its a simple fact.

I'm not saying rioting is the answer or the correct response to anything (then again, where would we be as a nation without the Boston Massacre?). I'm just saying that the argument that justice wasn't done is easy to make--considering the burden of guilt is pretty much zlich for a grand jury and grand juries almost always convict...except when its a cop. I get why people would be pissed.
                    I agree. Buuuuuuuuuuut. How about you show some effing respect for your community and not like BURN it the eff down. Seriously. I hate the cops. Lemme go burn the liquor store down.

Guess what happens when you wake up tomorrow and need some milk for your cereal?
                    Dumbasses. That's not rioting. That's being an ignant dumbass. Stealing some video games does not equal protest or riot. That equals looting. Looting is a crime.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      Curious.

Was the decision not to indict a miscarriage of justice, or was it actual justice?

(the former choice, without evidence, is foolish. The later, without evidence is slightly less foolish - because one is innocent until proven guilty in this country. At any rate, reviewing the same evidence that was presented to the Grand Jury BEFORE having an opinion, rather than jumping to an "obvious" conclusion based on what one has heard, seems like a wise course of action)
                      IMO it was an actual justice . it was a form of karmatic justice.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I agree. Buuuuuuuuuuut. How about you show some effing respect for your community and not like BURN it the eff down. Seriously. I hate the cops. Lemme go burn the liquor store down.

Guess what happens when you wake up tomorrow and need some milk for your cereal?
                      Dumbasses. That's not rioting. That's being an ignant dumbass. Stealing some video games does not equal protest or riot. That equals looting. Looting is a crime.
                      yep. also I remember one person making a comment after the looting. he something like "what we got accused of was just proved last night of what we are ". which bottom line is the decision of no indictment was justified. not to mention they burned down the church Michael Browns' father went to.
                      Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Well Micheal Brown's step father did say to burn it all down.

Well done. Slow clap.

Comment

This story is very interesting,titled Racism without racists' It does show an interesting fact.

A quote from the story.

(CNN) -- In a classic study on race, psychologists staged an experiment with two photographs that produced a surprising result.

They showed people a photograph of two white men fighting, one unarmed and another holding a knife. Then they showed another photograph, this one of a white man with a knife fighting an unarmed African-American man.

When they asked people to identify the man who was armed in the first picture, most people picked the right one. Yet when they were asked the same question about the second photo, most people -- black and white -- incorrectly said the black man had the knife.

Read the story here.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/26/us/fer...r-racial-bias/

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Now this is just really sad,and in some way an object lesson about anger.

After Disputed Verdict, Reckoning for Ferguson

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us...uson.html?_r=0

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I wonder where they are going to get their Thanksgiving Dinner stuff from?
                              I bet they aren't so thankful this morning.:=I:

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                I wonder where they are going to get their Thanksgiving Dinner stuff from?
                                I bet they aren't so thankful this morning.:=I:
                                Nah they'll just expect someone to bring it in to them. Poor poor pity full me saw it after nearly every riots situation where they burnt down their stores and such. We destroyed it and now you have to come bail us out and do for us.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X