This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Pagan Coming Out Day

i think a green ribbon is a great idea. all pagans should wear a green ribbon to show it. that way we can find eachother and people wont really need to know. so its more of a coming out to our own kind at least.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Works for me ... We will know what the green ribbon means ... And that's all that counts ... I might even start wearing one before that ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I was thinking a green ribbon and people should put their respective religious symbol on it.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

A green t-shirt ... I can get away with that ... Maybe a logo on the sleeve since I have to wear a sorts tabard at work and would cover up anything on the front or back ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I can wear green ribbon on my birthday I am already out the closet but hey! X
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I think this sounds wonderful. Green ribbon is now on my grocery list!
              sigpic

Comment

I wonder if I could hand paint a green ribbon on the tailgate of my truck ...

Comment

Won't a lot of green ribbons and other green thingies be on sale for Saint Patrick's Day celebrations?

Now, there's a source for repurposing from !
                  HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

Re: Coming out of the Broom Closet

Oh yay Raven that's wonderful!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I recently de-friended some Christian cultists on fb, boy were they weird. Intolerant, cruel, harassing, etc. Jesus would smack them upside the head. LOL
                      Why would you accept them in the first place? X
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                        Why would you accept them in the first place? X
                        Well, what happened was this: Near where I live is an Abbey, complete with monks. I found their page on FB and "liked" it. (Neat looking place, etc.) So this woman friended me, and she didn't live too far, had been to the Abbey, etc. We chit chat about a few things but the next thing I knew every day was another argument about abortion rights, women's roles, their religion being the ONLY way, etc. I finally had enough - I fought all those fights in the 70's, I won, I'm done. LOL So I just got rid of the lot of them.
                        I find it sadly amusing that those who are the most vocal about their faith drive others away from it at breakneck speed.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

We (my mother and I) have a dont ask dont tell policy.

Comment

I knew it would break their hearts and freak some of them out so I was waiting til my instinct said it was time. I had been practicing for a bit over a year when my sis came to visit and we started talking about stuff and I let her know a bit about the change.

She then decided to be a butthead and spread the word around the family for me without telling me. So the next thing I know Im getting an email from my sister going off on me and asking all sorts of questions(which she never did reply to) and then my mom went into her silent mode, the one she goes into when she's sorely disappointed and just going to not acknowledge anything because it might go away if she does it that way(just how she is).
                            My grandma begged me to give up my "witchy" ways and come back to the Lord so that I could be with my family after we died cuz she didnt want me going to hell and not being with them.
                            My mother defended me, kind of, at that particular discussion because grandma was getting overly excited and I had lots going on in my life at the time. This was last year so it took a while for it to even be mentioned cuz I had changed paths in early 2007 and they found out in late 2008.

Overall, Id have to say things are calm but its mostly cuz my beliefs are not talked about. They dont bring them up nor ask questions and I dont either cuz I know how my family is LOL. I also know that deep within they fear for my immortal soul and believe Im going to hell in a handbasket cuz I know precisely how their beliefs go.
                            sigpic
                            My Blog...http://scribsquabs.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Lotus View Post
                              My grandma begged me to give up my "witchy" ways and come back to the Lord so that I could be with my family after we died cuz she didnt want me going to hell and not being with them.
                              she apparently doesn't realize that according to the Christian ways you dont carry on your memories of this life, all you do in heaven is worship. and you are filled with happiness cause thats all you want to do. Sorry, I'll stay here thanks, even if i just keep coming back.
                              "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Originally posted by Dufonce View Post
                                she apparently doesn't realize that according to the Christian ways you dont carry on your memories of this life, all you do in heaven is worship. and you are filled with happiness cause thats all you want to do. Sorry, I'll stay here thanks, even if i just keep coming back.
                                Sorry, Dufonce, but that's not accurate. Lady Lotus is another former member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, like myself.

Mormons believe that after this life there are three "tiers" of heaven, as well as a place that people go who have denied the truth of the gospel (hell/Outer Darkness). Only those who have gone through baptism, temple endowment, and temple sealing (a marriage ceremony) are eligible for the highest level of heaven, being allowed to both stay in contact with their families in the next life, and become like god.

Because of this, for a Mormon parent or grandparent, nothing is sadder then "losing" a child by having them choose another path...it is not considered to be a temporary choice, but a permanent, eternal one, and therefore often leads to attempts at "tough love" or shunning the offender out of the family.
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X