This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

It's funny, I've tried raw fooding before, and I'm just starting today with a new program (having failed abysmally in the past). And then I see this thread, just as I was feeling overwhelmed. I'm gonna take it as a wink and a nod, lol.

I just got stuff for a 5 day spread of raw fooding, and I'm thinking, "oh dear god, that's a lot of food and a lot from the expensive area".

Here goes hoping it isn't so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
      It's funny, I've tried raw fooding before, and I'm just starting today with a new program (having failed abysmally in the past). And then I see this thread, just as I was feeling overwhelmed. I'm gonna take it as a wink and a nod, lol.

I just got stuff for a 5 day spread of raw fooding, and I'm thinking, "oh dear god, that's a lot of food and a lot from the expensive area".

Here goes hoping it isn't so bad.
      Yeah, I've had that happen...

I've been doing juicing for breakfast, then a raw foodie lunch, and a normal dinner.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        Yeah, I've had that happen...

I've been doing juicing for breakfast, then a raw foodie lunch, and a normal dinner.
        Yeah, I'm not going to do it completely this time. I did it completely raw vegan before and within a couple of months I felt bad. Very, very, very bad. Like I felt dizzy all the time, I couldn't stand up without getting vertigo, I was so skinny that I looked skeletal.

But, that being said, I'm going to make sure that my diet is predominantly raw now. It's tough when you're allergic to soy, many nuts, olives, and have a hard time digesting cruciferous veggies, lol.

I'm not interested in becoming militant again, but I really did feel better before I got so sick. I would like to feel better like that again.

Comment

I feel fat now... I am having hotchocolate and a cheese danish for lunch... I was weak...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Had this raw Waldorf salad today. I thought to myself, "guy, you realize you're the only person in the world that wants to eat raw onions in any way, shape, or form, right???" But I tried it anyway.

Glad I did. It was really yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              I feel fat now... I am having hotchocolate and a cheese danish for lunch... I was weak...
              Lol I have been nasching on rocky road ice cream for a week now. I don't even like rocky road but for whatever reason, had to get it.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
                "guy, you realize you're the only person in the world that wants to eat raw onions in any way, shape, or form, right???" But I tried it anyway.
                What's wrong with raw onions? I've never heard of any stigma towards eating it raw. That's how you put it on sandwiches, and according to subway anything that can be a sandwich can be a salad.

The only things that I ever put in a waldorf salad that are usually cooked are mayo and walnuts, and I've never even seen onions in one.
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                  What's wrong with raw onions? I've never heard of any stigma towards eating it raw. That's how you put it on sandwiches, and according to subway anything that can be a sandwich can be a salad.

The only things that I ever put in a waldorf salad that are usually cooked are mayo and walnuts, and I've never even seen onions in one.
                  No, no, there's no stigma about it. That was me just expressing MY level of dislike of raw onion. It was meant to be a joke.

There's no mayo in this waldorf salad, nor were there any nuts.

It was tasty, it's just that I no like raw onions at all, so I was pretty shocked that it was quite yummy.

Comment

Philip will be home with Chinese soon. I'm having moo goo gai pan. Nom.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Just finished a huge chunk of watermelon. It only cost 15 pence and tasted fantastic! I love bargain fruit.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The most spiritual foods of all... barbecue and homemade tacos!

Comment

Raw chocolate truffles!

I added a bit of xylitol, so ours aren't REALLY raw. They were still a bit too bitter for me before. I added 2 tblsp xylitol. Also, I don't like nibs, they're also too bitter for me. So I put those in the food processor first and pulverized them. Other than that, I followed the recipe, and they are pretty darned great!

And raw cacao is a superfood!

They are a one of the best dietary sources of magnesium as well as a good source of calcium, iron, copper, zinc and potassium. (this is why some of us (cough, me) crave this stuff around you-know-when (aunt flo's visit) ). Studies show that cocoa nibs have higher antioxidant levels than blueberries, red wine and green tea. The antioxidants in cocoa nibs are also more stable than in other foods and are easy for the body to assimilate.

Comment

Momma's megamint tea (mint, mint, more mint, lemon, mint, and some darjeeling)
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Real food!
                              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Burritos made from leftover vermicelli with mushrooms and chicken, it also has homemade refried beans and salsa verde mixed in. A little bit too goopy to be a proper burrito, but tastes good.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X