This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working it out!

I shall be training tonight, and with all my pent up anger I shall be taking it out on my instructor...
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Heading to the beach in an hour to walk a few miles.

Comment

If my dad gets here before 10:00 to drop some stuff off, I'm going to kickboxing at 10:30
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Yesterday, I went to TRX...it kicked my ass as usual...and today I went to zumba. I'm planning to make TRX again tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to make kickboxing again this week (my dad visited for a while last weekend, and this weekend I h ave to paint).
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I semi-jogged, round trip, 3.2 miles to Nature's Finest for a shot of wheatgrass juice today. That's a lot of sweating for a cup-o-lawn!

Comment

Four miles with the puppy today. I am getting better!
              sigpic

Comment

Four miles in the surf yesterday.

Comment

6 games of league bowling. My left butt cheek is sore!
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So hopefully, starting in 4 weeks when the doc gives me the okay, I'd like to start an exercise regimen of some sort. Being pregnant was pretty hard on the bod, and I want to try to get in really good shape so that when we try again in a couple years maybe I can exercise while pregnant and have a VBAC.

Unfortunately, its March in Wisconsin, so outside is likely not available for a bit yet. I also can't afford a gym right now, or someone to watch the baby so I can go to the gym. I want something I can do at home, and for limited money -- I have some Pilates tapes, but I'm not sure that's a good place to start after a c-section.

Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe some belly dancing, but I'm not sure I can really learn that from a tape, and I'm not even sure where to find a good instructional tape that's both actually good and actually exercise. Help?

I

Comment

Something to keep in mind with a gym...quite a few of them now have child care, even if you can't afford it now, its good to know for later.

As far as specific workouts go...having had two c-sections myself, I would *NOT* recommend pilates until you are a couple months out. Yoga, you should be okay with (the namaste yoga vids are pretty good), but skip anything that is hard on the abdominal muscles for a bit longer. If you want to try belly dancing, start with the Neena and Veena vids. If you can find one online (try your local freecycle or craigslist) a stationary bike or eliptical is also a good option, if you have room in your house. Another good workout is actually the New York City Ballet Workout, which you can get used off Amazon for cheap.

If you want a good cardio workout, zumba is pretty fun--I go to a class, but some of the ladies in my class do videos too, I also like kickboxing, though that might be somehing to work up to...
                      sigpic

Comment

30 minutes of swimming!
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thanks Thal. That helps point me in the right direction. Now all I have to do is actually follow through. Heh. Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                            Thanks Thal. That helps point me in the right direction. Now all I have to do is actually follow through. Heh. Wish me luck.
                            I did a quick search on Youtube and there seems to be lots of vids for mom and baby...search "Workout with baby". Good luck!!

I HAVE to get back to working out and walking. I find it really hard in the winter
                            What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

My workouts have all but stopped. The job I got just lets me work, eat and sleep. But dependin on the supplies I'm luggin I run up and down four flights of stairs daily. I done lost at least 10lbs since I started a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Four more miles in the surf yesterday. I love walking the beach.

Comment

Working...
                                X