• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maria de Luna
    replied
    Re: hobbies

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Dr Who AND Japanese? Last time I met someone with those hobbies I fell in love! The night I met my partner, he impressed me with his Japanese, but it was when he told me, in Japanese, that he was really into Dr. Who, that I realised we would have a long and happy future together. Dr. Who is a massive deal in my family. JP spent his first Christmas with us last year and was bowled over by what a central part of the day the Christmas special is. Most my immediate family are either pagan or atheist, so we jokingly call it 'Dr. Who day'. We phone family members who couldn't be there to discuss the episode afterwards as well. It's all very silly but I love it!

Actually, we don't have a thread for Dr. Who. Want to start one? Did you see the clip from Children in Need last week? I think the snowmen looked a bit... wait. Let's save it for the thread...
    I wont ever be able to join the Dr. Who thread, I have to wait about a season out for them to put Dr. Who on netflix! That is the only bloody thing I regret about not having television!
    Last edited by Maria de Luna; 21 Nov 2012, 17:08. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
    My hobbies... well, the main one would be writing. I have written several blogs. And I just recently self published a horror fiction book on Amazon.com.
    I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, so another one of my hobbies is collecting what I like to call "Who-Gear". I own a talking Dalek (that frightens my Furby), Sonic Screwdriver (the Tenth Doctor version, because I like him best of the new Who), various shirts and bags with Who themes, mugs, etc. I'm still trying to get my hands on the Tom Baker Scarf, as that was my first Doctor.
    And I do love Anime and trying my best to learn Japanese. I did notice the Japanese threads here and will take a look at them later.

Oh! And I forgot add that I am a gamer. I love video games. ^_^
    Dr Who AND Japanese? Last time I met someone with those hobbies I fell in love! The night I met my partner, he impressed me with his Japanese, but it was when he told me, in Japanese, that he was really into Dr. Who, that I realised we would have a long and happy future together. Dr. Who is a massive deal in my family. JP spent his first Christmas with us last year and was bowled over by what a central part of the day the Christmas special is. Most my immediate family are either pagan or atheist, so we jokingly call it 'Dr. Who day'. We phone family members who couldn't be there to discuss the episode afterwards as well. It's all very silly but I love it!

Actually, we don't have a thread for Dr. Who. Want to start one? Did you see the clip from Children in Need last week? I think the snowmen looked a bit... wait. Let's save it for the thread...

Leave a comment:

• RiverSong
    replied

My hobbies... well, the main one would be writing. I have written several blogs. And I just recently self published a horror fiction book on Amazon.com.
    I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, so another one of my hobbies is collecting what I like to call "Who-Gear". I own a talking Dalek (that frightens my Furby), Sonic Screwdriver (the Tenth Doctor version, because I like him best of the new Who), various shirts and bags with Who themes, mugs, etc. I'm still trying to get my hands on the Tom Baker Scarf, as that was my first Doctor.
    And I do love Anime and trying my best to learn Japanese. I did notice the Japanese threads here and will take a look at them later.

Oh! And I forgot add that I am a gamer. I love video games. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

The list is extensive, but I also don't practice most of my hobbies year round.

Fair weather hobbies include: competitive longbow archery, bicycling (road, race, tour, dh, and xc), hiking, camping, lounging in the sun, going to the beach, drinking wine on my roof.

Cold weather hobbies include: snowshoeing, cooking and baking, catching up on my reading, shooting (also done in the summer), camping (but car camping only), etc.

All year round: photography, cooking, baking, reading, writing (rarely), painting, making soaps and candles and household things, etc etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.

And despite all this, somehow, I'm still bored when I'm unemployed. FML.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Drawing, singing, dancing, making jewelry, gaming, movies, music, and research.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied
    Re: hobbies = spare time activities

Could have sworn we already had a hobbies thread or 3... oh well. Drawing, singing, dancing, making jewelry, gaming, movies, music, and research.

Leave a comment:

• jannettestar
    replied
    hobbies = spare time activities

Scrying: I have an ancient crystal ball = it was unearthed by my grandfater many years ago and I inherited it :-) x x Interesting energy ! x

Leave a comment:

• callmeclemens
    replied

Reading, Obsessing about Football, Fishing, hiking, wood carving.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Monk is so lazy he even rides a bike lying down.
    Hay Corbin wanna go for a quick 62 miler, I have an extra bike you can ride. After the last four surgery's I found out I couldn't sit on a regular bike seat anymore without seeing stars in the daytime and many other problems to boot. So get on your bikes and ride (Freddy we miss you).

Leave a comment:

• Sarkana night
    replied

drawing, painting, singing, playing guitar and flute, walking in the forest, playing badminton, drumming at random things like a wall or a chair or even myself...

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    It requires him to leave the house so I got Monk beat, in that department.

Hobbies:

Sleep, listening to music (LOUD music!), WoW, reading, music and sleeping.

Did I mention naps and enjoying my music collection?

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Reading, recumbent bike riding, Fly fishing, Shooting firearms and small cannons, gardening, Wood working, Leather work, Making things in general.

Oh almost forgot, pissing people off!

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied

Reading, recumbent bike riding, Fly fishing, Shooting firearms and small cannons, gardening, Wood working, Leather work, Making things in general.

Oh almost forgot, pissing people off!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Zombie
    Guest replied

Kettlebell training, Film and Music, Photography, Spending time with my wife and dog. used to Scuba dive. Love surfing but only get to do it about twice a year and am REALLY bad at it. Squash.

Leave a comment:

• SCoyote
    replied

foreging, being in nature, growing things, exploring

Leave a comment:

Working...
X