Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

how do you ladies stop your lipstick from feathering? It happens when I wear red, and I don't know how to stop it. :\

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      how do you ladies stop your lipstick from feathering? It happens when I wear red, and I don't know how to stop it. :\
      Seriously, try the Colorstay stuff. It's magical. It doesn't feather or rub off or anything. The two part stuff though. The other stuff seems less effective.

I use Always Sienna and Infinite Raspberry, but they have bright red too.

Comment

You can find this lip lock at Target. Run it around your lipstick and it stops the bleeding. Also do not apply too thick a layer. First find a lip pencil in a red. Line and fill lip. Then add the lipstick. Blot. Re-apply. It will stay if it's not thick.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/l...ip_lock_pencil
          You can find this lip lock at Target. Run it around your lipstick and it stops the bleeding. Also do not apply too thick a layer. First find a lip pencil in a red. Line and fill lip. Then add the lipstick. Blot. Re-apply. It will stay if it's not thick.
          No Target in Canada, but I'll take a look around. I read the ingredient list, and it's not that bad, actually. Either that, or wanna suggest some more ELF stuff so I can get free shipping?

Mostly art.

Comment

Actually there are Targets in Canada. Zellers was bought out and converted to Target in some areas. I haven't been in one yet to see if they have ELF but maybe I'll check today.
            Last edited by Kala; 21 Jan 2014, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Kala View Post
              Actually there are Targets in Canada. Zellers was bought out and converted to Target in some areas. I haven't been in one yet to see if they have ELF but maybe I'll check today.
              I know, but I live in the Northwest Territories. I'm over 1000km from the nearest city that could possibly even have a Zellers/Target. Our makeup store here is shoppers drug mart or walmart, that's it!

Mostly art.

Comment

You can also use your foundation or concealer to brush in around your lips. Set with powder then do the pencil then lipstick. It will help keep from bleeding.

Comment

You can also use your foundation or concealer to brush in around your lips. Set with powder then do the pencil then lipstick. It will help keep from bleeding.
                  Haha, that would require me to buy powder, lol. I literally only own one mascara, a few lipsticks + corresponding pencils, and some tinted face moisturizer (and I'll totally admit that ALL of it comes from MAC)

Speaking of, MAC carries a lip primer, so when I'm in Edmonton next month I was going to try and go find one, since finding a MAC is probably easier than finding an ELF supplier. Also, I have crazy crazy CRAZY scent-allergies, so I actually can't use a lot of the cheaper makeup out there without breaking out in hives, or a rash, or getting a headache. I started buying MAC lipstick because I found out it doesn't close my throat up.

Mostly art.

Comment

Ok so I just went out and purchased some Pampers baby wipes. They are soo awesome at taking off all my make-up! I can't believe it. Even the eye make-up. And it feels like there is something slightly..acidic to it. It sorta makes me feel like when you use Retin A cream. After that I slather with some Ponds and I'm good to go. Mind you I usually have desert dry skin.

*just thought I'd awaken this thread.

I'm also going to go back to making that wonderful olive oil, honey and sugar scrub. I should have stayed doing that. I think for summer, it's perfect.

Comment

I'm also going to go back to making that wonderful olive oil, honey and sugar scrub. I should have stayed doing that. I think for summer, it's perfect.
                      I've been using coconut oil, sugar, some sea salt, and lime juice. Flippin' awesome! Tastes like a margarita.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        I've been using coconut oil, sugar, some sea salt, and lime juice. Flippin' awesome! Tastes like a margarita.
                        Oh sounds lovely. What kind of skin do you have? I use the olive oil because even though it's a scrub and exfoliating, it's not harsh on dry skin after. Also if I try coconut oil, can I use the kind like the food grade stuff at the market?

Comment

Oh sounds lovely. What kind of skin do you have? I use the olive oil because even though it's a scrub and exfoliating, it's not harsh on dry skin after. Also if I try coconut oil, can I use the kind like the food grade stuff at the market?
                          I have combo skin. The coconut oil is nice because its not as heavy as olive oil...and, it has a less liquidy consistency. I totally use the food grade stuff--if you can eat it, you can generally use it on your skin! Sunflower oil is good too.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

So I found a very cool subreddit on reddit called http://www.reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction

I did some research into the OCM (oil cleaning method) and how adding a light coat of Vaseline OVER my moisturizer at night will help my super dry skin. So...gonna try!

Comment

There's a lot of thread to go through and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but I have limited options for skin products since I'm not employed and my bf isn't making a lot of money, so I've been looking for a skin mask for really oily skin and fighting acne. Can anyone post a suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by feathered_regalia View Post
                                There's a lot of thread to go through and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but I have limited options for skin products since I'm not employed and my bf isn't making a lot of money, so I've been looking for a skin mask for really oily skin and fighting acne. Can anyone post a suggestion?
                                Mangos, yogurt, oatmeal, and honey....recipe can be found on mah blog (plus a few others)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X